Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Adrenaline questions from a tnv/tnx user

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Tonakai

Adrenaline questions from a tnv/tnx user

Post by Tonakai »

Been away from the scene for donkeys now and admittedly only just started using my vita again.

I'm currently on 3.18 using tnv and tnx as the title suggests. The release of adrenaline 3 states there's psx support. So here are my questions:

1) Can I install henkaku and adrenaline on 3.18?
2)what are the differences between tnv and adrenaline? Why might I want to switch?
3)What are the benefits of adrenaline over tnv?
4) is there an easier way to install homebrew when on henkaku and adrenaline? I'm still using uncompressed zip files and psp save data. It works but it's inconvenient and slow as heck.

Thanks
Advertising
lowsnamebrand

Re: Adrenaline questions from a tnv/tnx user

Post by lowsnamebrand »

I would suggest going to 3.60.
I don't recall all the details about TN but I can say that with 3.60, you can get henkaku and not only can you install adrenaline and have a full PSP emulator with a ton of usefully features(wololo front page can explain all of them) but you also get the ability with the newest vitashell to use USB mass storage device instead of the outdated zip folder technique as well as emulators built for the Vita hardware
Advertising
Tonakai

Post by Tonakai »

Cheers for your response.

To clarify - TN-V is basically a full working PSP emulator and TN-X runs almost (every?) ps1 game through the Tekken 2 and Sports superbike exploits which has really good compatibility. I've yet to find a game that doesn't work. The combination of the two basically lets me run all the homebrew and backups I'd like, albeit through two seperate exploits so there's extra loading times and considerations to be taken.

That said, having read your response I definitely am intrigued. The possibility of using mass storage is something I was waiting years for. Same goes for the emulators on the console's hardware.

My main concern however, is that certain PSX games will have issues through adrenaline. I'm thinking along the lines of FF8. I remember how much of a *** that was back in the PSP days. I haven't presently got it installed on my Vita, but from what I can remember, I got it working fine with TN-X. I'm itching to play that again at the moment which is why this game in particular is so prevelant in my mind.

Edit: I just saw this thread, which answers the questions about FF8: viewtopic.php?f=116&t=48038

Edit 2: Slightly off topic now, but has there been any updates to using SD cards on the vita over Sony's proprietary cards? My card is 4gb :(
ANU815

Post by ANU815 »

Go with 3.60 henkaku hands down. I was a faithful 3.18 user for a LONG time because I wanted to keep TNV and TNX. Henkaku with Adrenaline gives you all of that and more. Henkaku gives you native vita homebrew and roms. You can also still do PSP bubbles with Henkaku. Adrenaline gives you full PSP and PSX compatibility with sound! Basically everything you can on 3.18 for PSP/PSX plus native vita. The ONLY thing I wish I had from my PSP is game categories lite. Still not compatible for the ISO folder. I even went so far as to try messing around with the source code myself, but it may be beyond my talents to fix... Otherwise, upgrade to 3.60 and never look back.

Return to “HENkaku”