Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Adrenaline v3 fixed - Final Fantasy 8 Compatibility?

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
ANU815

Adrenaline v3 fixed - Final Fantasy 8 Compatibility?

Post by ANU815 »

Anyone have luck getting FF8 to run in adrenaline v3-fixed? I have a disc 4 only eboot and my master savedata that works fine on PSP, I think it was also fine in TN-X. Not sure if there is a game specific fix? This one always needed some tweaks on PSP using popsloader. I'm assuming that shouldn't be needed on adrenaline? Any help would be great.
Advertising
dmaskell92

Re: Adrenaline v3 fixed - Final Fantasy 8 Compatibility?

Post by dmaskell92 »

Final Fantasy 8 is very touchy when using PSX2PSP eboots. You do in fact need popsloader, i'm not sure if it's available on Adrenaline, I know it wasn't available on TNv10.

Adrenaline can also run a backup of the official PSN version. Con: Huge file size (4 merged CD's).

IIRC you have to use 3.72 to create a new game, use 3.71 for FMV's that freeze, and use 4.01 for gameplay.

TL:DR, the PSN version is flawless without popsloader, don't use the psx2psp version.
Advertising
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
ANU815

Post by ANU815 »

I found someone on GBAtemp that said they had it working perfectly. I was able to get it to work by doing a 4-disc multi disc version of the eboot instead of just one for for disc 4. I reconverted using popstation 1.4.2 and seems to work fine. As you said, unfortunately I went from a 500mb eboot to a 2gb+!!! Oh well, the price I pay to have all of my FF PS1 games on my vita I guess. Thanks for the input.
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

Yes that was the only way to fix the crashing issue was merging the 4 disks.

I've also had success with merging Disk 1 and 2 into a single eboot, and then 3 and 4 into another. You can try that to save a bit of space.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
solidsnake

Post by solidsnake »

Here's a quick tip I learned. If you can't boot a psx2psp game in adrenaline, try using retroarch psx emulator and bin, cue files instead. You just need to have one disc at a time on your memory stick, then save and copy over another disc when you need to. You should be able to do that in retroarch, though I have only tested a couple of games.

Return to “HENkaku”