Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[SOLVED] Adrenaline V3 PSX CWCheat Not Working

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
Akula

[SOLVED] Adrenaline V3 PSX CWCheat Not Working

Post by Akula »

I installed Adrenaline V3 today, everything is working great including PSX games, but when I try to use CWCheat by holding Select for 10 seconds, the music becomes a buzz and the image on screen freezes, however, if I hit O, the game resumes as normal. CWCheat still works in all other PSP games, and this wouldn't be an issue, except I want to import my saves from retroarch.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
Advertising
Last edited by Akula on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atherus

Re: [OPEN] Adrenaline V3 PSX CWCheat Not Working

Post by Atherus »

Phew! I thought I was the only one. I need to convert those PCSX-Rearmed saves! The only real thing I found that posted a red flag for me was at the top of a tutorial it said CWCheat will not work with OFC. Of course I got it to work just fine with PSP games, just not PSX. I get the same freezing/lock up.

Update: Most searches end up cold for converters, but I stumbled upon this: https://emulation.miraheze.org/wiki/Save_Converters

Seemed promising, but i've been at it for about an hour now trying to use that and MemCardRex to hollow out a VMP and inject it with an mcr. No luck yet, but I will probably be back at it later tonight.
Advertising
CriminalUpperEX

Post by CriminalUpperEX »

I also got the same problem, but in my case, nothing happens when I hold the select button while playing a PSX game. I hope this gets fixed soon...
Atherus

Post by Atherus »

Had someone convert my file for me. Other possible solutions being:

1. If at all you have access to a real PSP with custom firmware.
2. Have access to a Vita that has another PSP custom firmware.
3. *If you install another custom PSP firmware on your Vita?

*̶I̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶t̶e̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶6̶.̶6̶0̶ ̶P̶r̶o̶-̶C̶2̶ ̶n̶o̶w

^Tested 6.60 renamed to 661.PBP through adrenaline,same thing. Not sure if I can get 6.60 Pro-C2 to work with adrenaline.

Will try TN-V or ARK at some point to see if they work.
Akula

Post by Akula »

Latest Adrenaline version fixed the issue, thanks to Flow.
CriminalUpperEX

Re: [SOLVED] Adrenaline V3 PSX CWCheat Not Working

Post by CriminalUpperEX »

The only thing this latest fix did was to give me issues when pressing the home button while playing PSX games, which makes the screen freeze, and I still get no cheat screen when holding select. Apparently, the problem is with the "adrenaline.suprx" file. I exchanged it for the same file from the previous revision, which fix the freezing problem, but I still get no cheats. I wonder if there are other people with this same problem. Nevertheless, this is just a small problem in what's a fantastic PSP emu. I'm really grateful for everything The Flow has done.
Akula

Post by Akula »

I used the one bundled with the latest Easy Adrenaline installer, works fine for me.
foxus

Post by foxus »

Im also trying to import a save data from retroarch to the vita. and the last update on adrenaline fixed issue when the cwcheatpops menu wasnt showing. Sadly, even when the menu is fixed, when importing a save data, the plugin doesnt work. Im currently importing a save data for crash bash(see below) unsuccessfully, i open the plugin, go to memory card and i load the mcr file in the slot 1, the plugin says "ok" or success, but the memory card is never actually imported. All i see is the same save data that was already there before the plugin was called.

Any advice?
Attachments
SCUS_94570-0.zip
(896 Bytes) Downloaded 153 times
Akula

Post by Akula »

foxus wrote:Im also trying to import a save data from retroarch to the vita. and the last update on adrenaline fixed issue when the cwcheatpops menu wasnt showing. Sadly, even when the menu is fixed, when importing a save data, the plugin doesnt work. Im currently importing a save data for crash bash(see below) unsuccessfully, i open the plugin, go to memory card and i load the mcr file in the slot 1, the plugin says "ok" or success, but the memory card is never actually imported. All i see is the same save data that was already there before the plugin was called.

Any advice?
Well, with FFIX, it ended up importing to card 2, so maybe it's doing it to you? Use the official menu to check.
foxus

Post by foxus »

Akula wrote:
foxus wrote:Im also trying to import a save data from retroarch to the vita. and the last update on adrenaline fixed issue when the cwcheatpops menu wasnt showing. Sadly, even when the menu is fixed, when importing a save data, the plugin doesnt work. Im currently importing a save data for crash bash(see below) unsuccessfully, i open the plugin, go to memory card and i load the mcr file in the slot 1, the plugin says "ok" or success, but the memory card is never actually imported. All i see is the same save data that was already there before the plugin was called.

Any advice?
Well, with FFIX, it ended up importing to card 2, so maybe it's doing it to you? Use the official menu to check.
Importing to slot 2 didnt work either: as crash bash doesnt have slot selection in the save screen, you can only save on that slot. So, when importing to slot 2 it gives an error, you close, go back to the game, reopen the plugin, try to import again and sometimes it works the slot 2 import but sadly, it only says "ok". In reality the save never loads because when checking the slot 2 using the oficial settings i can see theres nothing in slot 2.

It seems that loading is broken. But you mean you did imported successfully for ff9?

Return to “Support”