Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

No Gameboy Emus can see any rom files

Running old school games on your PSP? It's definitely possible
Lucian Dragos

No Gameboy Emus can see any rom files

Post by Lucian Dragos »

OK I am using a fat-1000 model psp running 6.61 me-2.3 CFW and any GB\C\A Emu I try all has the same kind of problem...
The Emus themselves load just fine but the ROM directory's are always empty. I have tried both zipped / unzipped and it does not matter what emu it is Masterboy, TempGBA4PSP, UO gpSP Kai v3.4, ETC it is all the same story. However Pico Drive runs fine and can see it's rom files without trouble..
I have seen problems like this posted before but never answered..
Advertising
Butcher

Re: No Gameboy Emus can see any rom files

Post by Butcher »

Install latest GBA etc emulators and put in it folders roms and load emu and game - work for my on PSP 100x and 200x - latest emu version and use 6.60 PRO-C CFW
Advertising
Lucian Dragos

Post by Lucian Dragos »

@Butcher
That is what I have done.... the Emus all load ok but no matter where I place the rom files they never show in the load menus.. Like they are invisible to the Emu.. at 1st I though it was a problem with the file system but PicoDrive can see the SEGA roms just fine
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

Maybe ME 2.3 or 6.61 problem - i have 6.60 Pro-C and work on latest emu version all ok - tested some time all Emus when back to psp and emu an load work - i have sort i copy roms files to ROM folder maked inside Emu folder on PSP and load it from that folder in Emulator on PSP.
toBsucht
VIP

Post by toBsucht »

I like SpiceBoy 6.xx.rar http://www.mediafire.com/?at7133etticl9kq
It works without additional bios file. Follow readme how to place rom inside emulators floder.

Or
PSPGBAv1.2.zip http://www.mediafire.com/?csiqc5fwj1hd2mg psp-gba emulation without extra bios
from viewtopic.php?f=47&t=8386
HomeBrews working with Psp 6.xx fw viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2624
ofw (shrunk) HomeBrews viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1879

All Psp homebrews at mfi.re/toBsucht
http://pspinstaller.co.uk
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

That 2 are bad emus use - that what are best made for psp
Lucian Dragos

Post by Lucian Dragos »

Well the problem has become stranger.... While Masterboy will not see any Gameboy .GB\C\A files It can find and play GameGear .gg ones just fine...
on top of that the SNES s9xTYLcm_mod and Gamegear smsplus also works perfectly.. It is almost like the PSP itself refuses to show Gameboy files...
Lucian Dragos

Post by Lucian Dragos »

Well ****.... figured it out... after seeing some Jpn games where not showing in the other EMUs ether I tried renaming roms removing any special or accented characters like the é in Pokémon and it worked... >_>;..
A look in PSP File Manager/Extractor confirmed what was happening.. The PSP file system would read the file name upto the special or accented characters then cut off everything after it including the file extension (.GB .GBC etc)... So something like "Pokémon Crystal.gbc" became "Pok~" meaning the EMUs couldn't read the file...
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

lol

I download USA version of Roms and Pokemon Crystal.gbc exemple have normal name and work - all my NES ,SNES etc work perfect.

I download and have many most on NES ,SNES, all roms what was made and all work perfect no rename etc need.
toBsucht
VIP

Post by toBsucht »

Butcher wrote:That 2 are bad emus use - that what are best made for psp
Yeah :mrgreen: The only gba emu for psp that works without "stolen" bios is bad :!: April fools

Lucian Dragos thanks for telling how you fix your problem. Sometimes it´s just that simple and as i read you request i didn´t think about special characters are not working as file name.

Return to “Emulators”