Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

USB Flash Drive On PS Vita Using OTG Cable ?

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
ACViper

USB Flash Drive On PS Vita Using OTG Cable ?

Post by ACViper »

Has anyone tried using an otg cable to use their usb flash drive on the ps vita slim? This would be awesome if it does work. Imagine 1tb on the vita lol
Advertising
atreyu187

Re: USB Flash Drive On PS Vita Using OTG Cable ?

Post by atreyu187 »

TheFl0w has already stated this will not work even if you have one sorry.
Advertising
ACViper

Post by ACViper »

atreyu187 wrote:TheFl0w has already stated this will not work even if you have one sorry.
He didn't really state this on Twitter. He just said "How to be blocked: ask whether OTG USB is supported ;)"
What about using that mystery port on top of the vita 1000?
This just sucks because I had a 16GB memory card and now it doesn't won't to work anymore. I can't format it. I am using a 4GB memory card now :/
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

ACViper wrote:
atreyu187 wrote:TheFl0w has already stated this will not work even if you have one sorry.
He didn't really state this on Twitter. He just said "How to be blocked: ask whether OTG USB is supported ;)"
What about using that mystery port on top of the vita 1000?
This just sucks because I had a 16GB memory card and now it doesn't won't to work anymore. I can't format it. I am using a 4GB memory card now :/
Yeah your card sounds dead unfortunately. The mystery port as is will not work because it is currently disabled according to a few people. If we can somehow re-enable it this might be a possibility. I doubt this OTG method would work as is as well, but then again we won't know until someone tests it for sure.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

OTG will not work cause iirc the USB controller chip in the Vita does not support HUB mode which is required for OTG.
Something like that at least.

As for that extra port its still just an accessory port that is iirc disabled in software and might even be disabled in hardware tho im not sure on that one.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Kankertje

Post by Kankertje »

Here's some related information from vitasdk forum
Yifan Lu wrote: A USB storage/SD card port on PCH-1xxx
This would be in addition to the mod above. For handheld vitas, there isn't a USB type A port, but there are two USB protocol ports. One is the "accessory port" which you might be able to make a custom cable for & enable it in kernel. More promising is the "PCIe" slot used by 3G vitas. I'm pretty sure there is no PCIe supported by the Vita (no references in the kernel), but the MDM6200 only supports USB 2.0 so it's likely that the PCIe only works in USB 2.0 mode. Therefore it is possible to solder the right pins (on wifi models) or insert a PCIe => USB 2.0 bridge card (do those exist? I'm sure they do, if not it would be "easy" to make one) on 3g models to get a USB 2.0 port. Then you need to patch the kernel to use this USB port for mass storage (I think only the other one is used by default). Bonus points if you make a case mod that accepts a microSD from the SIM slot and embed a SD to USB adapter inside the Vita.
sonofskywalker3

Post by sonofskywalker3 »

The software won't allow it. On a vita the "mount uma0:" is grayed out and cannot be selected. on the pstv this is selectable with no usb connected, then you connect your usb after selecting it. Just for kicks I tried with two different otg drives and an otg cable with no success. Can't be done. Put it to bed.
ali_ihsan21

Post by ali_ihsan21 »

What about wireless flash memories ? We had wireless ISO support on PSP although it had its weaknesses because of wifi B.
PSP-1000 6.20 16 GB Pro C-2
PSP-go 6.20 32 GB LME 2.3 White
PSP-go 6.60 24 GB Pro C-2 / LME 2.3 Black
PS Vita Slim 8 GB 3.60 Henkaku
PS TV 3.60 Henkaku 1 TB Samsung Story
Thank you RepRep, Total_Noob, Suloku, Omega2058, TheFlow
Devine458

Post by Devine458 »

PS Vita hacker [Yifan Lu]’s adapter replaces the 3G modem, allowing end users to plug a MicroSD card in its place. And this means using standard MicroSD memory cards instead of Sony’s overpriced proprietary memory. This is the coolest PS Vita hack since PS Vita’s Final Fantasy X Burger king survey.

Return to “HENkaku”