VITAforecast is a weather app, that determines the current weather in your area (provided a zip code, and country code. -> example '07009,us'). This weather makes use of a free weather service API from openweathermap.org, and parses a data using a rather simple string function and displays all the relevant values.
- Current temperature (Including minimum and max on current day), in both degrees C/F.
- Short description on current atmospheric condition.
- Wind speed in both km/h or mph.
- Atmospheric pressure.
- 5 day forecast (Future update - considering how well this goes)
Have a look at some eye candy below :p Those with a good eye sight will recognize it actually follows a similar guideline for official PS VITA apps.
Please enter your zip code correctly and use common letters only. For example (Use without quotations): Format: "zipcode,id"
- "wv1,gb" = Wolverhampton, UK
- "07001,us" = Avenel, US
- "169-0072,jp" = Tōkyō-to, JP
- "75008,fr" = Palais-Royal, FR
- Square: Re-enter zip code and ID.
- Start: Exit app.
- Triangle: Refresh data (although it already does this in the background).
http://gekihen.customprotocol.com/en/pr ... TAforecast
nickelad for helping me out with HTTP functions.
preetisketch for the GUI background.
d3stroy from deviantart for the current atmosphere icon.
MerlinTheRed for the app's icon0.
Last edited by sauske_firekid on Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.