Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

ScummVM Vita port now official

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
rsn8887

ScummVM Vita port now official

Post by rsn8887 »

Thanks to the hard work by Cpasjuste, a little help by me, and some help from the ScummVM devs, ScummVM Vita has been successfully merged into mainline ScummVM.

This means that the Vita port is now part of the official list of ScummVM ports.

An official ScummVM wiki page has been created for the ScummVM Vita port:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Playstation_Vita

A Vita port subforum on the official ScummVM forums is also available now:
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewforum.php?f=21

The official ScummVM buildbot is automatically building Vita daily builds. The wiki page, in the page text, now correctly links to the latest downloadable buildbot version:
http://buildbot.scummvm.org/snapshots/m ... latest.zip
Advertising
wololo
Site Admin

Re: ScummVM Vita port now official

Post by wololo »

I'm a huge fan of scummVM. It was probably the first thing I tried on my hacked PSP back in 2006. The first video game I played on a computer *ever* was Monkey Island.

Thanks to you and CPasJuste for the work!
Advertising
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
bazgee

Post by bazgee »

wololo wrote:I'm a huge fan of scummVM. It was probably the first thing I tried on my hacked PSP back in 2006. The first video game I played on a computer *ever* was Monkey Island.

Thanks to you and CPasJuste for the work!
I might as well just copy and paste what you said. Monkey Island was my first ever game too. Whenever I'm hacking the latest console I always look for ScummVM. The Vita touchscreen makes this so much more worthwhile. Thank you guys for your hard work. Its always appreciated even when the vita community isn't very vocal! ;)
My Vita Shell Competition Themes:

BazGee Dark
BazGee Blue
BazGee Stickman

Twitter @BazGee2
GitHub bazgee
vitalovesnintendo

Post by vitalovesnintendo »

I still have a score to settle in many a Sierra game. Great work on making the Vita a home for SCUMMVM
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

bazgee wrote:The Vita touchscreen makes this so much more worthwhile. Thank you guys for your hard work. Its always appreciated even when the vita community isn't very vocal! ;)
I hate to disappoint, but touch is not even supported yet on the Vita. Only analog stick. It still works pretty well but touch would sure be nice.
lestat___

Post by lestat___ »

Thanks to the devs and cpajuste.
Thanks for the news.
Indiana jones was not my first videogame on computer but one of my favourite. :D
bazgee

Post by bazgee »

rsn8887 wrote:
bazgee wrote:The Vita touchscreen makes this so much more worthwhile. Thank you guys for your hard work. Its always appreciated even when the vita community isn't very vocal! ;)
I hate to disappoint, but touch is not even supported yet on the Vita. Only analog stick. It still works pretty well but touch would sure be nice.
Did the PSP version have touch support? I am sure I have used scummvm in the past using the touch screen but now that I think about it, it may have been the DS :roll: :D
My Vita Shell Competition Themes:

BazGee Dark
BazGee Blue
BazGee Stickman

Twitter @BazGee2
GitHub bazgee
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

I started releasing some ScummVM development/experimental versions for Vita and PSP again on my github
Https://www.github.com/rsn8887/scummvm/releases

This is so that Vita/PSP users have access to the latest experimental features, some of which are not in the official daily buildbot builds yet.

Note that this is much less tested than the official 2.0.0 release or even the daily buildbot version!

This is mostly because of the lipsync patch (see first changelog entry). I think the lipsync is a huge deal so should be immediately released. But it is also largely untested.

Changelog (note first entry: we were playing DOTT and Full Throttle wrong the whole time!):

- Proper lipsync in Day of The Tentacle and Full Throttle. The lips of the characters now stop moving during pauses in their sentences, just like in the original games.

- Faster screen refresh and less input lag in the menu

- Joystick mouse cursor speed is independent of screen resolution.

- (Vita) Better analog joystick precision for more precise pointer movements

- (PSP) Fixed cursor jumps in x/y coordinates, fixed new smooth cursor speed to the same that it was for the old, jerky cursor (can be adjusted in "Controls" tab).

- (PSP) Implemented smooth mouse cursor motion and control options where one can change mouse cursor speed and joystick deadzone settings.

- (PSP) Add new graphics mode "Fit to Screen." This mode replaces the "4:3 Aspect Ratio" and "Keep Aspect Ratio" modes. The new "Fit to Screen" mode makes proper use of the "Aspect Ratio Correction" checkbox setting. If the checkbox is set, the aspect ratio will be forced to 4:3, useful for games like Full Throttle. If the checkbox is not set, the aspect ratio will be the original game aspect ratio, useful for games like Dreamweb.

(PSP) Add new graphics mode "4:3 Aspect Ratio" (dam-soft, digitall, rsn8887)
Now the user has the choice between the old graphics mode "Keep Aspect Ratio," good for 16:10 games like Dreamweb, and a new mode "4:3 Aspect Ratio," good for 4:3 games like Full Throttle.EDIT: Vita version updated again already (version rsn8887.5 was crashing on startup)
szczuru

Post by szczuru »

Is there ever will be touchscreen support added?
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

Edit new update already, same link. now with direct touch on front panel, adjustable speed for relative touch, and a setting to change front panel from direct to relative touch (back panel is always relative)....

Yes, I already did it, new update:

https://www.github.com/rsn8887/scummvm/releases

Changelog:
- (Vita) touch controls on Vita. Left button: tap single finger. Right button: hold single finger while tapping second finger.

Please note it is a relative touch mode. The adventure games are unplayable in direct touch mode, because they rely on mouse-over discovery. I will add sensitivity adjustment as soon as I find more time.

Return to “HENkaku”