Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS Vita PlayStation Now - No More

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
repmunk

PS Vita PlayStation Now - No More

Post by repmunk »

Hey all,

Just read an article somewhere talking about how Sony is removing PlayStation Now support from all compatible devices, INCLUDING the Vita; so that they can "focus" on it for PS4 and, get this, Windows PC's. Another low blow to fans/users of the Vita. I never really used it, but it was a pretty awesome feature, and I always likes that I could if I wanted to. I think it's a shame. What say you?

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Article Link: Now or never: Sony slashes device support for its game-streaming service - Ars Technica
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/02/ ... -tvs-more/

(Hope it's okay to link to there!)
What's next, no remote play? Ugh! :shock: :o
Advertising
dmaskell92

Re: PS Vita PlayStation Now - No More

Post by dmaskell92 »

Imo it has always been a gimmick anyway...

Let's pay to stream games with huge latency over the Internet, when our remote play over Lan isn't even half as decent as Nvidias gamestream. Let's do all this instead of just providing actual backwards compatability.

Sony is really into network streaming, they just want you to pay to rent a game with input lag because they decided to cut corners on BC. I can garuntee that I will NEVER buy another Sony console.

My PC plays PC games from the 70's, I don't have to worry about paying for the Internet twice, and if a store goes down I have alternate options. Also I have the option to circumvent DRM without godly coding knowledge.
Advertising
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
psp_revival

Post by psp_revival »

PlayStation Nowt
PsP Go 6.61 - 2.3 LME
Vita TV 3.01 TN
PlayStation TV 3.60 HENkaku
PlayStation TV 3.63 ps+ Japan - USA
RPi2 Lakka
TechTomas

Post by TechTomas »

just another reason for hacking sony products, someone out there has decided that, the people that pay for this and use the service no longer needs it or uses it, just like linux on the ps3, and with the way the industry is heading in all aspects i assume we can expect more of this type of thing. Until we start fighting and not accepting user agreements this is gonna continue to happen, i work for Apple and this user agreement stuff is getting nuts because they know nobody reads them nor understands them, and the sony agreement is even more bull because we are their hostage if we don't accept their user agreement a lot of the functionality of our device is removed and cut off from the rest, i believe that sony has every right to protect the psn network side of things like online play and such and ban people from using the service if they are causing havok, but to go in and not allow the device we bought to function normally just because we don't wanna accept the agreement is wrong

and yet if you actually read the agreement its only valid until the next firmware comes out and user agreement along with it

Return to “General”