Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Having issues with Vita Shell and Henkaku Offline

the_importer

Re: Having issues with Vita Shell and Henkaku Offline

Post by the_importer »

fate6 wrote:I recommend Adrenaline if you want the XMB back but would also suggest having ARK on standby just in case a game decides it doesn't like the former.
Also ARK doesn't need HENkaku active to be used so there's that.
So am I to guess that VHBL is not very good?

Off-topic, I guess HyperDimension Netupnia Rebirth must be a persistent game because the White list and Antiblacklist won't let it run. I know the patches are working because PSO2 Vita can now run.
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

HBL is user mode, in a world with kernel access to enable pretty much full PSP compatibility why would you limit yourself? Thats my thinking at least.
HBL is fine just will be incompatible with a few emulators :/

Never tried running it on my VTV so can't say but it might be possible you need the other version of the whitelist hack? since there are two but IDK.
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
the_importer

Post by the_importer »

fate6 wrote:HBL is user mode, in a world with kernel access to enable pretty much full PSP compatibility why would you limit yourself? Thats my thinking at least.

Never tried running it on my VTV so can't say but it might be possible you need the other version of the whitelist hack? since there are two but IDK.
Well that's just the thing, I only want to play my PSP games. If I wanted to play emulators, I have a PC right under my PSTV to play them, which I don't, because to the right of my PSTV are my retro consoles plugged to my XRGB-Mini :D
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

HBL can't play PSP games FYI ;P
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
the_importer

Post by the_importer »

fate6 wrote:HBL is user mode, in a world with kernel access to enable pretty much full PSP compatibility why would you limit yourself? Thats my thinking at least.

Oh, well I figured since it played PSP homebrew, that this was code for being able to play PSP ISOs. OK then.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

the_importer wrote:

Oh, well I figured since it played PSP homebrew, that this was code for being able to play PSP ISOs. OK then.
The way it works is a game will call functions, these functions are then taken over by HBL and you can re use them for homebrew but you can't call new ones, With kernel access that changes and you can just call whatever you want and thus can call any a ISO game might need where as before you better hope and pray the base game you exploited called everything you need.
(super simplified)

So yea Adrenaline or ARK or both for full games :P
the_importer

Post by the_importer »

fate6 wrote:
the_importer wrote:

The way it works is a game will call functions, these functions are then taken over by HBL and you can re use them for homebrew but you can't call new ones, With kernel access that changes and you can just call whatever you want and thus can call any a ISO game might need where as before you better hope and pray the base game you exploited called everything you need.
(super simplified)

So yea Adrenaline or ARK or both for full games :P
I got lazy and got the Adrenaline EasyInstaller VPK:
http://wololo.net/2016/11/22/adrenaline ... tion-woes/
I installed my RocoLoco DEMO and then installed the EasyInstaller. I got my Adrenaline bubble, but I don't get pass the PSP HEalth Warning Screen, it freezes and I get an error if Henkaku is running, stays on a black screen if it's not.

So, did I forget to do something to make this work?
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

"You will still need to place a 661.PBP to “ux0:pspemu/adrenaline/” manually"

You did that right? other then that IDK.
the_importer

Post by the_importer »

fate6 wrote:"You will still need to place a 661.PBP to “ux0:pspemu/adrenaline/” manually"

You did that right? other then that IDK.
I was gonna do this at first, but I saw that EasyInstaller already downloaded the file in there. That being said, I saw a video on YouTube that showed that Adrenaline will ask to install the firmware 6.61 when you first boot it and I of course never got to that screen. So I figured that something went wrong with the file that EasyInstaller downloaded, removed that file, got it from the official site, renamed it, placed it in the folder and now it works.

Everything that I had in TN-V is still in there and more importantly, Dracula X Chronicles still runs.

So that part is done, now I only need to get that Phantasy Star NOVA patch working and get HyperDimension Neptunia Rebirth to boot, it's apparently one of those stubborn games. Someone on YouTube said that I need to do the following, but I'm no DBA:

You need to edit the Vita TV's app.db directory - that's what's stopping Re;Birth 1 and a few other stubborn games from working. After you install Henkaku, Moeculear and whitewasher, find your app.db in the system directory and copy it to your pc, and open it with an sql sequencer.Add the following lines of code to the file.

CREATE TRIGGER CHANGE_CATEGORY_GPC AFTER INSERT ON tbl_appinfo
WHEN new.val LIKE 'gpc'
BEGIN
UPDATE tbl_appinfo SET val='gdb' WHERE key='566916785' and titleid=new.titleid;
END;
CREATE TRIGGER CHANGE_CATEGORY_GP AFTER INSERT ON tbl_appinfo
WHEN new.val LIKE 'gp'
BEGIN
END;
CREATE TRIGGER CHANGE_CATEGORY_GDC AFTER INSERT ON tbl_appinfo
WHEN new.val LIKE 'gdc'
BEGIN
END;
CREATE TRIGGER CHANGE_CATEGORY_GD AFTER INSERT ON tbl_appinfo
WHEN new.val LIKE 'gd'
BEGIN
END;

save the original app.db somewhere safe and then override the one on your Vita TV with this edited one. Now, Re;Birth 1 should be playable along with Moe Chronicle, another notoriously stubborn game.?

EDIT: Never mind, found this: http://hackinformer.com/2016/07/30/inst ... ku-fw3-60/

Return to “Homebrews”