Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Updating Testkit and Devkit Vita Firmware

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
PixelButts

Updating Testkit and Devkit Vita Firmware

Post by PixelButts »

I'm glad I can do this without having to use some annoying and complicated method.

I WILL NOT SUPPLY THE FILES FOR THIS

What you need
-Normal Vita system or PSTV on 3.60
-Henkaku
-Filezilla or any FTP client
-Testkit or Devkit update files

1) Use Henkaku and the Molecule Bubble on a normal system

2) Start FTP

3) Create the following directories "ux0:data/PSP2/UPDATE/SEARCH" (if you're a lucky one and have the PSP Go model DEM3000XXX then you also have "sd0:data/PSP2/UPDATE/SEARCH" as an option since you have an SD cart slot, but be careful)

4) Transfer the update PUP file to that directory

5) Once transfered power off your device and insert the memory card into your testkit/devkit

6) Go to Settings > System Update > Update Using Storage Media and pick your applicable firmware

7) Update (or downgrade since that's also a thing)

*optional*
8) If for some reason you're on 3.60 Test/Dev FW, then install moldecule via Henkaku (if a bubble was there, delete it. Restart from scratch) and it will also work even if it's expired.
Advertising
francilord95

Re: Updating Testkit and Devkit Vita Firmware

Post by francilord95 »

I followed the guide but it does not work I can not play games PS Vita games on my PS Vita Test Kit Expired
Advertising
PixelButts

Post by PixelButts »

francilord95 wrote:I followed the guide but it does not work I can not play games PS Vita games on my PS Vita Test Kit Expired
You will not be able to unless modding comes along to fix that somehow. Testkits and Devkits are still not able to run retail signed code, only test/dev signed code.

This guide was solely to update (or downgrade if you wanted) your non-retail kit firmware.
SilicaAndPina

Post by SilicaAndPina »

Where the heck do i find the Devkit Firmware Though?
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

SilicaAndPina wrote:Where the heck do i find the Devkit Firmware Though?
You need to be "in the know" unfortunately, There are a couple ones out in the public but they are kinda old.
In fact did any post 1.00 pups ever get out on the webz?

Anywhoo one thing that should be added to the OP is that for PDEL's(aka devkits) you can just update from the Vita Neighborhood much like how a PS3 kit can be updated from Target Manager.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
SilicaAndPina

Post by SilicaAndPina »

fate6 wrote:
SilicaAndPina wrote:Where the heck do i find the Devkit Firmware Though?
You need to be "in the know" unfortunately, There are a couple ones out in the public but they are kinda old.
In fact did any post 1.00 pups ever get out on the webz?

Anywhoo one thing that should be added to the OP is that for PDEL's(aka devkits) you can just update from the Vita Neighborhood much like how a PS3 kit can be updated from Target Manager.
NVM just found them >_< both testing kit and Devkit
not only that but this also has DEX CMA app and a few other neat things like neighbourhood
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Just an FYI but unless you have a real PDEL none of that will work....
Also do not try and run PDEL anything on retail as they have an extra debugging board that makes them different.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
SilicaAndPina

Post by SilicaAndPina »

fate6 wrote:Just an FYI but unless you have a real PDEL none of that will work....
Also do not try and run PDEL anything on retail as they have an extra debugging board that makes them different.
i know... testkit FW PUP wont install on retail and devkit FW PUP most certainly will not.
mhm if were gonna get any DEX on retail it will be testkit.. and it wont be from pup thats for sure.

if you try the .pup's on retail they say "this system software cannot be used on this system"
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

SilicaAndPina wrote:
fate6 wrote:Just an FYI but unless you have a real PDEL none of that will work....
i know... testkit FW PUP wont install on retail and devkit FW PUP most certainly will not.
mhm if were gonna get any DEX on retail it will be testkit.. and it wont be from pup thats for sure.

if you try the .pup's on retail they say "this system software cannot be used on this system"
I just hope it turns out like on PS3 where you can convert to DEX tho someone would still need to get past the activation.
SilicaAndPina

Post by SilicaAndPina »

fate6 wrote:
SilicaAndPina wrote:

I just hope it turns out like on PS3 where you can convert to DEX tho someone would still need to get past the activation.
im pretty sure we could get testkit firmware working. since i can allready get some TESTKIT DEX Features on cex by replacing files.. its just a matter of lv0 is my guess

Return to “Tutorials”