Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSTV White List e-mail hack is not working with 3.52 ??

the_importer

PSTV White List e-mail hack is not working with 3.52 ??

Post by the_importer »

I have 2 PSTV systems, one for Vita games which is up to date with the latest firmware while the other one is for my PSP games with firmware 3.52 and the bubble hack (I buy my PSP games, rip them using my PSP 3000 and install them on that PSTV).

For my Vita games, I always had PSTV compatible ones until I purchased HyperDimension Neptunia Rebith. I knew about it's incompatibility with PSTV, but I do also have a Vita, so I thought "meh". Anyway, since this is an old game, I thought I'd try it on my PSTV with firmware 3.52 after doing the white list hack using this link:
pstv_whitelist/

I followed everything to the letter, but it failed. So I reinstalled Thunderbird (I used that to originally hack my PSTV) and tried to hack manually, still didn't work. The procedure is not complicated, so why isn't this working?
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: PSTV White List e-mail hack is not working with 3.52 ??

Post by fate6 »

https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comm ... to_update/

http://henkaku.xyz/

viewtopic.php?f=116&t=46522
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
the_importer

Post by the_importer »

If I wanted HENkaku, I would have installed it. I don't want to rely an online solution to play my PSP games on my TV.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

You do know ARK works up to 3.63 now right?
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
the_importer

Post by the_importer »

fate6 wrote:You do know ARK works up to 3.63 now right?
And if for some reason I need to format my PSTV, then what?
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

What are you on about? update to 3.60 > run HENkaku > run whitelist hack > run Adrenaline or ARK
I fail to understand what the problem is.
the_importer

Post by the_importer »

fate6 wrote:What are you on about? update to 3.60 > run HENkaku > run whitelist hack > run Adrenaline or ARK
If it ain't broken, don't fix it. Not changing my firmware just to play one game. Also, this is going off-topic. It's actually possible to play every Vita games without HENkaku. If you don't know, that's OK, just move on.
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

the_importer wrote:
fate6 wrote:What are you on about? update to 3.60 > run HENkaku > run whitelist hack > run Adrenaline or ARK
If it ain't broken, don't fix it. Not changing my firmware just to play one game. Also, this is going off-topic. It's actually possible to play every Vita games without HENkaku. If you don't know, that's OK, just move on.
Well, even though HENKaku is superior in literally every single possible way to failmail, there is one way to use it now. As far as I know, from reading and experience, every online email provider no longer works. For my 3.30 FW Vita, I needed to set up my own local email server for it to work. Doing this worked just fine, and that is the only option you have at the moment.

PS, as a side note, you can install offline installer to not have to rely on being online. (failmail requires access to an internet too). Just saying, up to you.
the_importer

Post by the_importer »

HarmfulMushroom wrote:
the_importer wrote:
Well, even though HENKaku is superior in literally every single possible way to failmail, there is one way to use it now. As far as I know, from reading and experience, every online email provider no longer works. For my 3.30 FW Vita, I needed to set up my own local email server for it to work. Doing this worked just fine, and that is the only option you have at the moment.

PS, as a side note, you can install offline installer to not have to rely on being online. (failmail requires access to an internet too). Just saying, up to you.
Wait, are you saying that Gmail is the reason this is not working for me, that somehow, even if I do receive the files that I'm e-mailing to myself, that they are somehow broken?
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

the_importer wrote: Wait, are you saying that Gmail is the reason this is not working for me, that somehow, even if I do receive the files that I'm e-mailing to myself, that they are somehow broken?
I'm saying that gmail, yahoo, hotmail, aol, msn etc will not work. Only a local email server set up by you will work right now unfortunately. You will not receive an email ever, you will only have an error message display.

Return to “Homebrews”