Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Fast(er)/Offline Transfers To Vita [TUT]

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
based

Fast(er)/Offline Transfers To Vita [TUT]

Post by based »

I have yet to see anybody post about this, so I guess I will.

This can be used to transfer any file from your PC to VITA without FTP, also without even having to access internet on your VITA.
TUT
Simply, all that is needed is a PC with the files you want to transfer, for instance I will demonstrate with Rinnegatamante's VitaPad. Also, a cable to connect your vita to PC is also needed for offline/faster instances.

I will be using QCMA in this tutorial.

in your QCMA settings, you will need to have to know where your video folder is set to (could possibly use music or whatever, but i personally use video)
allow the showing of your file extensions (can be found in system settings, pretty easy to find)
----------------------------------
This is really simple.

-- Firstly, get your file, again in this case I am going to use the VitaPad VPK, and change the extension to .mp4.

-- Then, simply copy your file into the video folder set in QCMA settings.

-- Refresh QCMA database.

-- Open content manager on your vita -> copy content -> pc to vita system -> video (will open video app)

-- Here you will find your file which you changed the extension of. Mine is "VitaPad.mp4". Just copy that over.

-- *Open vitashell, go to ux0:video/*2 digit folder*/ and you will see your mp4 file.

-- *Hit triangle on the file and change to original file extension by renaming, so mine is now VitaPad.vpk. From there you can either install from the directory you're in, or if you're like me, move it to a homebrew folder.

* if you'd rather use FTP to simply change the extension, you can do that instead of using vitashell. It's all personal preference.
This may seem pretty lengthy, but it is actually very quick, a good alternative to FTP transfers, imo. This is especially helpful when you have larger files that take ages over FTP.

If needed, I will add images.
Advertising
Last edited by based on Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MyLegGuy

Re: Fast(er)/Offline Transfers To Vita [TUT]

Post by MyLegGuy »

I think it's better to use PSP saves because you can transfer multiple files at once and you don't need to change the file extension.
Advertising
based

Post by based »

MyLegGuy wrote:I think it's better to use PSP saves because you can transfer multiple files at once and you don't need to change the file extension.

Meh.

I personally use this more often than psp saves, thought I'd just share it with people who didn't know.
solidsnake

Post by solidsnake »

Just in case you did not already know...I figured out that you can transfer any folder through a psp save when you activate Henkaku before hand. I use QCMA with disabled wifi monitoring setting. The folder you transfer no longer has to be in a zipped format. But it will not work without Henkaku activated. I transferred multiple gigabytes in a couple of minutes.
insrtfo99@gmail.com

Post by insrtfo99@gmail.com »

solidsnake wrote:Just in case you did not already know...I figured out that you can transfer any folder through a psp save when you activate Henkaku before hand. I use QCMA with disabled wifi monitoring setting. The folder you transfer no longer has to be in a zipped format. But it will not work without Henkaku activated. I transferred multiple gigabytes in a couple of minutes.

could you link me or show me how to do this, this would help a lot if i could transfer folders
ahamaga

Post by ahamaga »

https://gbatemp.net/threads/howto-how-t ... sb.439896/

this is the tutorial for you to transfer folders as PSP saves

Return to “Tutorials”