Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] Application Storage Manager - Applications on ur0:

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Lupo511

[RELEASE] Application Storage Manager - Applications on ur0:

Post by Lupo511 »

Application Storage Manager

A little app that allows you to move applications from your memory card (ux0:app/) to your internal sorage (ur0:app/) (and vice-versa).

It basically does the following:
- Copy the files from ux0:/app/<TITLE_ID> to ur0:/app/<TITLE_ID>
- Modify the app.db to point the bubble at the new location
- Delete the old files if everything went correctly

As of now it just uses the debug text as a menu because I wanted to have it done relatively quickly, but I'll add a proper GUI when I have the time.

Keep in mind that this hasn't been 100% tested and some apps MIGHT not work when moved to the internal storage. I've only tested it with homebrews and not with games. I take no responsibility for any harm this might do to your console.

How to use

- Use DPAD UP and DPAD DOWN to change the selected option
- Use X or O to confirm (depending on your console region)
- Use O or X to cancel (depending on your console region)

Permissions

It's an unsafe homebrew because it needs access to the whole filesystem (ux0:app/, ur0:app/, ur0:shell/db/). The source is also linked below, so you may build from source if you want.

Screenshots

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Downloads

Latest Release (v 0.02): https://bitbucket.org/Lupo511/appstorag ... 200.02.zip

Source code: https://bitbucket.org/Lupo511/appstoragemanager
Advertising
Last edited by Lupo511 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typhoon_Neon

Re: [RELEASE] Application Storage Manager - Applications on

Post by Typhoon_Neon »

Great work man! You just made the front page!
Advertising
If you like my articles on the front page you can always check out the archive check out the archive and I have a Twitter too!
Yoyogames28

Post by Yoyogames28 »

I tested this with mGBA and Risk of Rain, and they work, but the livearea art doesn't show up for either of them.

EDIT: Risk of Rain is giving me a C2-11807-7 error. I did install this on another account than the one I'm using, though...
Discount DF
Yoyogames28

Post by Yoyogames28 »

I installed Risk of Rain through my account, and it boots up, with the livearea showing. Yay!
Discount DF
nekoshak

Post by nekoshak »

I transfered the whole game Binding of isaac rebirth to ur0 partrition and here's what happened :)
1- I was unable to see info about app on livearea screen(vita freezed and i had to reboot)
2- The game actually worked and started as normal but soon i received a message that the system is unable to create a save file
3- I thought how am i supposed to delete it now since i cant view info? I did it over Vitashell( basically removed app folder on ur0
4- Now i could accsess the info but when i tried to remove the icon it showed error(so this is stuck there forever until you restore your system)))
Thats pretty much it) I had to format system and memory card through recovery to get everything working again) :D
satan89

Post by satan89 »

nekoshak wrote:I transfered the whole game Binding of isaac rebirth to ur0 partrition and here's what happened :)
1- I was unable to see info about app on livearea screen(vita freezed and i had to reboot)
2- The game actually worked and started as normal but soon i received a message that the system is unable to create a save file
3- I thought how am i supposed to delete it now since i cant view info? I did it over Vitashell( basically removed app folder on ur0
4- Now i could accsess the info but when i tried to remove the icon it showed error(so this is stuck there forever until you restore your system)))
Thats pretty much it) I had to format system and memory card through recovery to get everything working again) :D
You could have tried moving the game back from ur0 to ux0 and then deleted normally. It looks like that option us available on the screenshot (I haven't tried the tool myself)
Also, I think if you created the same saves folder structure in ur0 (ur0/user/00/savedata and savedata_backup) it may have saved successfully.
Daystar

Post by Daystar »

I'm getting the feeling that the transfer speed between the memory card and the internal storage is painfully slow.
If a 900-ish mb game took quite a while to transfer and delete I can't imagine what it would be like for a 2gb game.
aos10

Post by aos10 »

thanks for the app.
i find it super hard to see because of the small font,can you do something about that? make it bigger?

Lupo511

Post by Lupo511 »

First of all, thanks to all of you for the awesome feedback! Also thanks a lot to Typhoon_Neon for the frontpage article! :D
Yoyogames28 wrote:I tested this with mGBA and Risk of Rain, and they work, but the livearea art doesn't show up for either of them.
Hum, I'll look into it, did you restart your vita or did they just not show up right after you moved them with the app?
nekoshak wrote:I transfered the whole game Binding of isaac rebirth to ur0 partrition and here's what happened :)
For the livearea, same question as above. I'll also try to see if it's possible to fix the savegames.
Yeah you could've tried using the app to transfer the game back to ux0, but I'm not blaming you. I'm sorry that you had to format everything :(.

I'll also take a look at the transfer speed.
Typhoon_Neon

Post by Typhoon_Neon »

Lupo511 wrote:First of all, thanks to all of you for the awesome feedback! Also thanks a lot to Typhoon_Neon for the frontpage article! :D
I'm here to serve :P You guys do the work, if I find it is useful or worthy of the frontpage, I'll put you guys there :D
If you like my articles on the front page you can always check out the archive check out the archive and I have a Twitter too!

Return to “HENkaku”