Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

New vita shipping with 3.61 yet?

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Zerocoolak

New vita shipping with 3.61 yet?

Post by Zerocoolak »

Title says it all I guess. Thinking about upgrading my fat to the slim white version. Anyone know if the new 3.61 is actually shipping on new units yet? Was going to purchase through Amazon.
Advertising
hyausv67

Re: New vita shipping with 3.61 yet?

Post by hyausv67 »

Think about it logically.
Seeing as 3.61 came out like a week ago... how often the place you are buying from needs to order more vitas, maybe the ones leaving the factory are still below 3.60 - we don't know... I'm not a chinese factory worker.
But we can say it is very unlikely you will receive a 3.61 vita.

I'd be impressed if you bought one from Amazon and it came on 3.61, it could show how quick their stock is moving.
Anyway, at least for a few months, it will be quite easy to find 'older fw' vitas, so don't worry.
Advertising
Zerocoolak

Post by Zerocoolak »

Thanks. Just curious as the only sellers anymore are in Japan. Figured my chances were much higher of getting an updated one direct from the source.
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

Zerocoolak wrote:Thanks. Just curious as the only sellers anymore are in Japan. Figured my chances were much higher of getting an updated one direct from the source.
Do not buy refurbished, high chance of it coming with most up to date firmware. Also pretty decent chance if you buy online off of ebay for a used one. Other than that, highly unlikely we will see vitas with a firmware above 3.60 for a while, unless its a limited edition release.
d@rk51d3

Post by d@rk51d3 »

:?: They're still making Vitas?
Zerocoolak

Post by Zerocoolak »

Agreed, Definately ordering new. Had to have the Glacier white. I'll update with shipped firmware when I get it. Fingers crossed you guys are right.
Zerocoolak

Post by Zerocoolak »

Update, got it with 3.57.
CAONIMA1

Post by CAONIMA1 »

may I ask when did u get the new vita? its only black us ver vita on Amazon....
Cannikin

Post by Cannikin »

I just got a new Vita from Amazon (the vendor at the time was Above All Games) and it came with 3.51 installed. I just upgraded manually to 3.60 via QCMA with no problem!
Rauliki

Post by Rauliki »

1. VIta is not selling - in Netherland and Belgium they just don't restock it (and I'm pretty sure the same is with most countries in Europe)
2. Every bundle unopened with VIta Oled will be with older firmware (3.0x,3.1x at max)
3. Every unopened not refurbished bundle with games in Europe and USA/Canada will be with firmware lower than <3.60 (as of today)
4. Even the latest batch of colorful Vitas (Japan) are probably 3.60 (for now I've read only one confirmation to this so better check)

Return to “General”