Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Q] How do I prevent hardware failure error from 3G vita?

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
HarmfulMushroom

[Q] How do I prevent hardware failure error from 3G vita?

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

If anyone has removed that hardware before on a 3G vita you'll be greeted by an annoying error message each time the console is rebooted, something about hardware failure, contact support.. Well of course it's not working, the needed hardware isn't there... I know this is a very strange question, but I want to remove the 3G hardware. I have no interest in it, it's pointless, the messages from it bother me, and people have said online that if you remove the 3G hardware you gain roughly 30 more minutes of battery (not proven, but nice if true). I'm sure with the introduction on Henkaku we can remove the files which tells the vita whether this is a 3G console or just a WiFi console. Does anyone know if it is possible to either A. prevent this pop up from ever appearing, or B. make the vita think that it was only a WiFi console and never had 3G capabilities? I know you can delete the network operator application, but obviously there is going to be more to it than just that.

And the main reason I want to remove the hardware is because I'm planning on replacing the charging port with a micro usb port. I want to put the port in the sim card door as to not have to cut the case at all. I've tested the placement and it will work perfectly well there, but in order to put it there I need to permanently remove the 3G hardware.

Any and all help appreciated, thanks in advanced!

EDIT: And yes, I know these are all petty complaints... I just want to know if anyone knows of a way for this to be possible.
Advertising
CPUzX

Re: [Q] How do I prevent hardware failure error from 3G vita

Post by CPUzX »

Try searching in the Support section next time, and it may help with your "[Q]".
Advertising
HarmfulMushroom

CPUzX wrote:Try searching in the Support section next time, and it may help with your "[Q]".
...whoops, been a little slow today. Also just realized that if I leave the modem in this message doesn't appear... Still interested if someone can figure this out, but for now I'll just leave the modem in. I guess I will hold off until tomorrow until maybe I'm better rested to do anything haha...
Rauliki

Post by Rauliki »

For 20$ you can have vita motherboard with firmware <3.60.
Exchange, no errors, profit :)
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

This brings up a good question, We can tell the Vita its either a retail or kiosk unit but could we then tell it if its a 3G or wifi model? It is probably some kind of hardware check but hey ya never know.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
HarmfulMushroom

fate6 wrote:This brings up a good question, We can tell the Vita its either a retail or kiosk unit but could we then tell it if its a 3G or wifi model? It is probably some kind of hardware check but hey ya never know.
Yeah that's what I've been wondering for a while now but never had a reason to ask until recently. If it were possible to make the vita think it was a WiFi unit instead of 3G I'd be a happy man.
Rauliki

Post by Rauliki »

As I have both I looked at motherboards and there are few resistors here and there on the 3G board which aren't on Wifi. If I remeber corectly there is small chip too.
If you removed them (and a modem of course) it should work as WIFI after reflashing.
There is one and the same flash for Vita 3G and Wifi (and 2xxx too), which would mean it is hardware test which decides what exact parts of the rom are used.
For example Vita 2xxx will have a small part which would make 1GB flash partition from inside flash (on Vita 1xxx ur0 has 2,5 GB) as a internal card.

Return to “Support”