Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Just got my hands on a 3.55 PSTV. What can I do with it?

boct1584

Just got my hands on a 3.55 PSTV. What can I do with it?

Post by boct1584 »

So far the only thing I know is that I can't sign into PSN without updating my firmware.
Advertising
lawthugg

Re: Just got my hands on a 3.55 PSTV. What can I do with it?

Post by lawthugg »

Update to 3.60 and install henkaku. Then the world is yours for the taking. Muahahaha

You have to update manually. Easiest way is to get the 3.60 update file and put it on a USB that has been formatted to fat32. Hold power for 7 sec and you will get the recovery screen, follow prompts

If you need any help, let me know. love seeing people getting into all this.
Advertising
Co-designer of PSP U.P.M.S.
It's been a while, i shouldn't have left you.
boct1584

Post by boct1584 »

Any way to do it without a USB? I don't have a spare.

Also, found and followed this guide: http://hackinformer.com/2015/10/29/tuto ... -firmware/

Does the henkaku exploit work on 3.55?
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

boct1584 wrote:Any way to do it without a USB? I don't have a spare.

Also, found and followed this guide: http://hackinformer.com/2015/10/29/tuto ... -firmware/

Does the henkaku exploit work on 3.55?
http://yifan.lu/2016/07/28/henkaku-vita ... -everyone/

Happy reading.
boct1584

Post by boct1584 »

Goody, thanks. Honestly, the only thing I REALLY want is the whitelist overwrite.
lawthugg

Post by lawthugg »

boct1584 wrote:Goody, thanks. Honestly, the only thing I REALLY want is the whitelist overwrite.
It does not run on 3.55 only on 3.60 no higher no lower
Have fun. that whitelister is amazing
Co-designer of PSP U.P.M.S.
It's been a while, i shouldn't have left you.
boct1584

Post by boct1584 »

Okeydokey, having done some serious **** so I could use a 32GB flash drive to re-flash my PSTV, HENKaku is installed and running, and I've updated the whitelist file. Remind me, do I need to do anything beside that?

Also, would love suggestions for homebrew apps and games to try. I plan to keep my actual Vita current.

EDIT: Another question. What exactly do I need to do to make my backup library on my computer accessible to copy? I know I need to use QCMA, but do I need to do anything special with its settings?

EDIT 2: Yet another question. Can I run a network cable between my PSTV and my computer and transfer stuff like that? Cables tend to have better transfer speeds than wi-fi.

EDIT 3: Last one for now I think. Is there any way to access my PS Plus cloud save data for my Vita games on FW3.60? Or will I just have to "play on PSTV, back up to computer, restore to Vita, play on Vita, reverse process" to keep my save data current between both?
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

1) Setup wifi on the same network as the PC with QCMA then pair them, use the CMA app to manage stuff.

2) Gave it a quick shot since I don't have wifi setup on mine and no with only ethernet QCMA nor the Vita TV can see each other.

3) Just use it like normal? Henkaku lets you go back on PSN without updating ya know.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
boct1584

Post by boct1584 »

Thanks for the answers. I had no idea henkaku re-enabled online. Just need to doublecheck that I've got auto firmware update disabled.

Return to “Homebrews”