Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

VitaOrganizer : Desktop tool for installing psvita apps

soywiz

VitaOrganizer : Desktop tool for installing psvita apps

Post by soywiz »

I have just created a tool to organize VPK hombrew and games in the computer.

It allows to upload extracted game data via ftp to avoid requiring the double the size at the vita or even having to decompress it in the computer. It decompresses and uploads to psvita directly on the fly.

You can get the source code + JAR binary here: https://github.com/soywiz/vitaorganizer

Last version with VitaShell >= 0.92 is capable of installing games directly without any user interaction via ftp
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: VitaOrganizer : Desktop tool for installing psvita apps

Post by fate6 »

This a fantastic project you have going here, Has come very useful for keeping track of what I have and especially for installing.
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
DS_Marine
Developer

Post by DS_Marine »

I had a dream where both Vitashell and a program like yours has ZLib support. What do you think? .D (or similar, but I see this one often implemented in ftp solutions)
Move the decompressing part to vita for faster transfers!
And if you want to be extra-nice, implement the unofficial XCRC command. You will be the hero of many people complaining about broken transfers! (This sould be added also in vitashell tho).
ImagePSP-Controlled drone
"Hackers don't have superpowers. Just a hackable PSP and a brain (ships by default on most humans models)" -Wololo
soywiz

Post by soywiz »

Yeah, I though about the ftp compression. And other options like obtaining tree size in a batch or downloading VPK from the vitamin folder to get your own dumps. That would have more sense when implemented the queue.
Please, if you have suggestions, create an issue at github.
Filippo94

Post by Filippo94 »

Was testing your app, and so far it makes managing the apps a really easy task :D
However I never heared about Vitashell 0.92, last one is 0.91 right now. Is the one step install a future feature? I did try it, but got no bubble :|
PSP Fat cfw 6.60 Pro-C2
PSVita Fat 3.60 taiHen
Davenor

Post by Davenor »

Thanks you, it's verry useful, by the way did you plan to add subfolder support because my vpks are in differents subfolders, thank you again :D
Filippo94

Post by Filippo94 »

By the way, you should clean your cache when closing the program. It seems to have a bad error handling, most of times a connection fails the program just hangs, or gives an error which clearly is not expected. After these the program just couldn't connect to the Vita, had to manually delete the cache, and it started working again ;)
PSP Fat cfw 6.60 Pro-C2
PSVita Fat 3.60 taiHen
Gamesgbkiller

Post by Gamesgbkiller »

I have problem while transfering. Java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space error and couldin't find the VPK after it finished.
Love My VITA :)
laurorual

Post by laurorual »

Gamesgbkiller wrote:I have problem while transfering. Java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space error and couldin't find the VPK after it finished.
i've had this problem with Little Big Planet vpk, i don't know why. I had to manually install it through FTP to make it work (also, before trying to install it manually, delete its folder in app folder so you have more space to install it).

Also, why doesnt it recognize some homebrew and updates? This is odd.
soywiz

Post by soywiz »

Updated to 0.6.0. @laurorual Now it supports update vpks and other handy stuff.

Return to “Homebrews”