Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Noob question regarding vpk and fw

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
filanimetor

Noob question regarding vpk and fw

Post by filanimetor »

If I install some vpk games on a 3.60 Henkaku Vita will those games still work if I update to 3.61?
(Again, noob question)
Advertising
xSASxZaros

Re: Noob question regarding vpk and fw

Post by xSASxZaros »

No. If you turn off your 3.60 vita and try and play a game, you are not able to, until you run the Henkaku hack - If you update to 3.61, you wouldn't be able to run Henkaku, thus the games would not play.

Regards.
Advertising
Bert960

Post by Bert960 »

Why would you need to update to 3.61 when Henkaku gives you PSN Spoofing?
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

Bert960 wrote:Why would you need to update to 3.61 when Henkaku gives you PSN Spoofing?
I could understand why, I mean there's no ban risk going online on OFW with no mods. Sure spoofing works just fine right now, but I don't want to risk my main account doing that.

But to stay on point, even though it's already been answered no it won't work. If Henkaku did somehow survive the update (which it would not) you would just loose the ability to launch games the first time you rebooted the console. The only thing you can carry over with you to 3.61 is VHBL and PSPEMU mods.
filanimetor

Post by filanimetor »

Was thinking of something like, install games on a 3.60 Henkaku Vita, back them up on a PC using qcma, copy them to a 3.61 vita.

Welp, looks like it's never gonna work. Thanks for the answers.

Return to “HENkaku”