Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake porting for PSVITA

Post by Rinnegatamante »

luck wrote:oh i see
afaik, that source is the lastest (speaking about the psp-engine)
the unofficial versions are using a different resource folder, no big changes, just lighter and less buggy.
this means we should be able to use the unofficial pak.

I m using this on ps vita
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofhIBJJ5QeA
No time to search for sourcecode. IF you find it, i can try to rapidly adapt vitaQuake core to this, shouldn't be too hard.
(And technically NZP devs CAN'T hold their sourcecode since Quake Engine has been released under GPL).
Advertising
If you want, visit my website: http://rinnegatamante.it :D
luck

Post by luck »

as i said, it seams that the unofficial versions can be used with that source because they didn t add any new command/feature.
i mean, we should be able to use vita quake + custom nzp stuff from 1.0 source and precompiled unofficial pak and res (the one you can find in that video).
Advertising
Elwood89

Post by Elwood89 »

Congratulations Rinnegatamante! This is a fine port, and the controls are suprisingly good, I find it better than the official Duke port.
Are you maybe planning to incorporate front screen touch control, for finer/ sniper shots? There is a retrotouch option in the menus, but I think that it has too high sensitivity, and I really do not like using the back panel so...;)

And if you were wondering what to port next... well... there is that old dos game called Blood. I'd happily donate for a port!
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Elwood89 wrote:Congratulations Rinnegatamante! This is a fine port, and the controls are suprisingly good, I find it better than the official Duke port.
Are you maybe planning to incorporate front screen touch control, for finer/ sniper shots? There is a retrotouch option in the menus, but I think that it has too high sensitivity, and I really do not like using the back panel so...;)

And if you were wondering what to port next... well... there is that old dos game called Blood. I'd happily donate for a port!
You can change retrotouch sensitivity in options menu anyway next release will allow players to set touchscreen in key mode (like in v.2.0) or in camera mode.
O-bake

Post by O-bake »

I just wanted to say thanks for this great port again!
I finally hat the time to play it for a longer period of time and it is really anjoyable. Back in the day I only played the original Quake and now I can play through the two official mission packs (Rogue, Hypnotic).

By the way: After putting the Vita with Quake in sleep mode, loading a save will crash the app.

Btw, are there more finished and fully playable Mods/Maps that I should try? Recommendations anyone?
forcefiftythree

Re: [RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake port for PSVITA

Post by forcefiftythree »

Hi, just today I bought a PS TV (only because of the recent developments :) and decided to try vitaQuake. I started playing the shareware episode and it suddenly crashed when I was playing E1M4. Since I was streaming this to friends (the unboxing + installing hacks + playing homebrews and some...other things) I happen to have a video of this crash in addition to the crash dump. Would these be helpful in debugging and perhaps fixing the crash?
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

forcefiftythree wrote:Hi, just today I bought a PS TV (only because of the recent developments :) and decided to try vitaQuake. I started playing the shareware episode and it suddenly crashed when I was playing E1M4. Since I was streaming this to friends (the unboxing + installing hacks + playing homebrews and some...other things) I happen to have a video of this crash in addition to the crash dump. Would these be helpful in debugging and perhaps fixing the crash?
Definitely so.
Sindrik

Post by Sindrik »

Rinnegatamante wrote:
forcefiftythree wrote:Hi, just today I bought a PS TV (only because of the recent developments :) and decided to try vitaQuake. I started playing the shareware episode and it suddenly crashed when I was playing E1M4. Since I was streaming this to friends (the unboxing + installing hacks + playing homebrews and some...other things) I happen to have a video of this crash in addition to the crash dump. Would these be helpful in debugging and perhaps fixing the crash?
Definitely so.
thanks for your fine work Rinnegatamante. Will we see a Doom release too? i would definitely love your engine port for it
Rinnegatamante
VIP

Post by Rinnegatamante »

Sindrik wrote:
Rinnegatamante wrote:
Definitely so.
thanks for your fine work Rinnegatamante. Will we see a Doom release too? i would definitely love your engine port for it
Doom is already available on Vita with vitaDoom and Retroarch prboom core.
Sindrik

Post by Sindrik »

Rinnegatamante wrote:
Sindrik wrote:thanks for your fine work Rinnegatamante. Will we see a Doom release too? i would definitely love your engine port for it
Doom is already available on Vita with vitaDoom and Retroarch prboom core.
sadly, it is not as good and dedicated as your treatment for the other game engines. It doesn't even have sound nor music, and no updates in almost a year, so it is pretty much abandoned

Return to “HENkaku”