Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

What consoles can Vita emulate better or that PSP couldn't?

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
vitasav

What consoles can Vita emulate better or that PSP couldn't?

Post by vitasav »

i wonder...maybe dc and n64? i know theres already a emulator for the ds but how good is it?

just pondering on what new emulators could the vita actually run effectively an much better than the psp ever could.
Advertising
PS Vita PCP-1101 - 3.60 OFW - HENkaku
cvskid

Re: What consoles can Vita emulate better or that PSP couldn

Post by cvskid »

Don't know why people are expecting dreamcast and n64 emulators on the vita, especially dreamcast considering those consoles still have issues as far as pc emulation goes.

So far from what i have seen the vita has snes and mame over the psp versions.
Advertising
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

To test how much better the Vita is compared to the PSP I ran Stunt Race FX (SNES core on Retroarch) and Street Fighter 3 (FBA core on Retroarch). Both games were unplayably slow on the Vita (20 fps in game), but faster than on PSP.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

rsn8887 wrote:To test how much better the Vita is compared to the PSP I ran Stunt Race FX (SNES core on Retroarch) and Street Fighter 3 (FBA core on Retroarch). Both games were unplayably slow on the Vita (20 fps in game), but faster than on PSP.
So the far more mature PSP emulators work better then the new and under optimized Vita ones? Who knew!
Also N64 and Dreamcast is within reason.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

Well emulators might become faster as they mature, but a speedup of a factor three seems a bit unlikely. I am hoping for a setting to overclock the Vita similar to the PSP's 333 MHz setting. That might make a huge difference in RetroArch.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

rsn8887 wrote:Well emulators might become faster as they mature, but a speedup of a factor three seems a bit unlikely. I am hoping for a setting to overclock the Vita similar to the PSP's 333 MHz setting. That might make a huge difference in RetroArch.
Im going to be honest with you here, I would much rather see emulators made specifically for the Vita that will more then likely perform better over retroarch which seems to me like its a jack of all trades yet master of none.

Also clock speed != better, Sure it wouldn't hurt but trying to compare the Vita hardware wise to the PSP is rather hilarious.
Give it time and things will get much better.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Joel16

Post by Joel16 »

fate6 wrote: Also clock speed != better, Sure it wouldn't hurt but trying to compare the Vita hardware wise to the PSP is rather hilarious.
About time someone said this. Most people don't seem to get it.
"Forever in darkness, a guardian devil."
thebudds

Post by thebudds »

sauske_firekid wrote:
fate6 wrote: Also clock speed != better, Sure it wouldn't hurt but trying to compare the Vita hardware wise to the PSP is rather hilarious.
About time someone said this. Most people don't seem to get it.
Also considering HenKAKU is about a month old, it's even more funnier that they don't get why the emulators aren't working full speed right now.
fatherrabbi

Post by fatherrabbi »

Dynarec hasn't been implemented in RA yet which will make a decent difference.

Return to “HENkaku”