Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Tutorial] FFX HD Save Editing

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
sickness01

[Tutorial] FFX HD Save Editing

Post by sickness01 »

before i start, i would like to give credits to "Zirothos" at 360haven for the original PS3 tutorial (this tutorial is shorter than the ps3 version as we do not have to externally decrypt the saves), and to " fuzzymillipede" for the FFX save editor

FFX HD TitleID: PCSE00293

Required:
1) Henkaku on 3.60FW
2) .PSU Save template (https://mega.nz/#!QYEWmSbL!v4WHnn-YjlYn ... pVNA-HU_3o)
3) FFXED (https://mega.nz/#!0F8zHYwY!08OAM7srUFPG ... vwklQcwPso)
4) HxD Hex Editor (https://mh-nexus.de/en/downloads.php)
5) FTP client (recommend filezilla)
6) Ability to dump unencrypted save data (Follow this tutorial until you get molecularShell running through the game: viewtopic.php?f=116&t=46339)
7) Savefile checksum repairer https://mega.nz/#!YJsSlZyI!DI8EzAZ93wcS ... ASn6oVqtlo

Step 1
After following this tutorial to the point of getting molecularShell running through your game, press Select to start FTP server and connect from your computer.

Once completed navigate to savedata0: partition, this is the folder containing your unencrypted savedata. the numbered data.bin files are your save data, the number references the slot that your save is located, using filezilla, download the savefile you want to mod to your computer.

MAKE BACKUPS OF YOUR SAVES! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU CORRUPT YOUR SAVE ETC AND HAVE NOT MADE A BACKUP OF THE FILES!

Step 2
Load up your save file into HxD. Right click on the hex code and choose "Select Block...". For the start-offset put in 00, for the end-offset enter 67FF, make sure hex is selected below it.

Right click on the highlighted HEX and choose copy

Step 3
Open the "BISLPS-25088FF09060.psu" file in HxD, click the Search option up top, and then choose "Goto...", enter the value of 9400, make sure "hex" and "begin" are selected, and then click ok.

This will move the cursor to this location, right click at this location, and select "Paste write", this will overwrite the info in the files

Now click File -> Save to save the .PSU save file (or choose Save As to save it with a new name and not overwrite the template file)

Step 4
Open the modified .PSU save file with FFXED, edit whatever values you want within the save file, but DO NOT CHANGE ANY NAMES, CHARACTERS OR AEONS!

Once you have finished editing the file, make sure you save it, and then continue onto Step 5.

Step 5
Open the .PSU that you have modded with the save editor with HxD (make sure you have saved it in the editor before opening in HxD)

Right-click on the hex and choose "Select block...", and put the start-offset of 9400, and the end-offset of FBFF, and hit ok. Right-click and copy the selected hex

Open the unencrypted data.bin file again, Choose Search -> Goto, and enter the hex offset of 00 (The very beginning of the file). Right-click and choose "Paste write" (to paste the copied values from the modified .PSU file). Now save the file

Step 6
Open the checksum repair application, and load up your newly modified data.bin file, it will repair automatically

Go back to your FTP client, and reupload the newly modified and repaired data.bin file to your PSVita into the savedata: folder (overwrite existing)

Now close the molecularShell that is running through your PSVita game, and open the original installed shell, start FTP and reconnect

Navigate to the "ux0:/patch/" folder and you can either delete the "PCSE00293" folder, or rename it (i renamed mine to ffxshell)

Step 7
Load up FFX HD and load your game, if everything went well, you should have all the changes you made (such as sphere levels, gil, skills, blitzball skills etc)

Enjoy! :D
Advertising
Last edited by sickness01 on Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Malachi

Re: [Tutorial] FFX HD Save Editing

Post by Malachi »

Thank you so much for putting this tutorial up! However I have tried multiple times to with multiple fresh restarts when trying to extract the un-encrypted save. No matter how many times I try, I keep getting an error in the Near app and it wont boot Molecular shell. I have followed it word for word with no success at this point. I will continue to look around for a solution.
Advertising
sickness01

Post by sickness01 »

Malachi wrote:Thank you so much for putting this tutorial up! However I have tried multiple times to with multiple fresh restarts when trying to extract the un-encrypted save. No matter how many times I try, I keep getting an error in the Near app and it wont boot Molecular shell. I have followed it word for word with no success at this point. I will continue to look around for a solution.
after the near app opens (it says there is an error, or is corrupted, cannot remember exact wording), minimize it, and open the FFX-HD game, it should load into molecularshell from there, and then continue on with tutorial
Malachi

Post by Malachi »

Awesome! I was able to get the un-encrypted save and edit it. Now I have a file corrupted save lol not a big deal. I will try again in the morning, it's getting late for me. Thanks for helping! I owe you one.
Malachi

Post by Malachi »

Quick update:
I have tried to do this about 6 times now with no luck. I have followed this tut word for word. Every time I try to run the custom save I get "The file is corrupted. Unable to load save data." The only things I have tried to add to the saves are to have all the sigils. And for some reason it won't load. Could there be a checksum error? Or perhaps I could send you my file via PM to edit? The only thing I'm interested in is having all the sigils. After that I will play the game like normal. Thanks for your help :D
sickness01

Post by sickness01 »

Malachi wrote:Quick update:
I have tried to do this about 6 times now with no luck. I have followed this tut word for word. Every time I try to run the custom save I get "The file is corrupted. Unable to load save data." The only things I have tried to add to the saves are to have all the sigils. And for some reason it won't load. Could there be a checksum error? Or perhaps I could send you my file via PM to edit? The only thing I'm interested in is having all the sigils. After that I will play the game like normal. Thanks for your help :D
yeah, pm me your unencrypted save that you want to modify, i will test on my end also to see if it is the editing of sigils doing it

Edit: i have just tried adding crests and sigils into my save and it did not work

edit: repairing checksum of .bin file works! see original post for the checksum fixer
Malachi

Post by Malachi »

Thank you! You're tutorial is now complete and works great! Time to finish this game :)
joekw

Post by joekw »

I'm trying to get the molecular shell working within the near app. It says 'The file is corrupted' when I get to the Near app. If I then minimize the near app and go to FFX it tells me to insert the game cartridge. Does this only work for digital copies of games?

EDIT: Nevermind! I literally just reinserted the cart and it started working haha. Thanks!
trunk208

Post by trunk208 »

Ok, I try this for 2 hours and no progress at all. Literally the most complicated part is the corrupted file for "Near" :evil: :evil: even though did read and use all your guys tips like re-insert game card, and basically anything and it didnt work for me.

So I found a solution that is guaranteed for sure

1 - Leave the Near app open although it say its corrupted
2 - Open up moduleShell and ftp and go to ux0:/patch and backup "PCSE00293" folder to desktop Then delete it in ur ftp (This also works for other games)
3 - On the PsVita, Open up the FFX bubble and it shouldn't say "Insert the Game Cartage" (If it is close the FFX Game Bubble, and redo step 2) Then for a second loading press the White PS Button
4 - Then go back to moduleShell and ftp back to ux0:/patch/ and put the "PCSE00293" folder back into the ftp
5. Then Resume the FFX Game and moduleShell should load up. Enjoy :)

EDIT: Just use RinCheat to pull out ur savedata should be in the uxo:/rincheat folder but the import savedata didnt work for me. So use the FTP to put it back in. Much Much easier
Last edited by trunk208 on Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
"A story begins with one step"
lordferky

Post by lordferky »

i tried importing with the new Vita Save Manager v0.5 and cant load the game...

Return to “Tutorials”