Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[IDEA] PS Vita Memory Card / Game Card Adapter

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
jvabbdac

[IDEA] PS Vita Memory Card / Game Card Adapter

Post by jvabbdac »

Now, we have Henkaku, we will have a lot of apps, roms or (maybe) backups! Its time to thinking about storage!

I look at this post and show some ideas.
Original post its here - its just a idea and not how build it
http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=61957
Advertising
shadowbrony33

Re: [IDEA] PS Vita Memory Card / Game Card Adapter

Post by shadowbrony33 »

The ps vita memory card (Also known as M3 because it is based off of sony's proprietary M2 data cards) uses a completely different standard of communications than SD cards and cannot just be connected via a ribbon cable or slotted into the Game Card slot (since it too has a different communication method).
Advertising
jvabbdac

Post by jvabbdac »

shadowbrony33 wrote:The ps vita memory card (Also known as M3 because it is based off of sony's proprietary M2 data cards) uses a completely different standard of communications than SD cards and cannot just be connected via a ribbon cable or slotted into the Game Card slot (since it too has a different communication method).
dang!!!
Razzy

Post by Razzy »

shadowbrony33 wrote:The ps vita memory card (Also known as M3 because it is based off of sony's proprietary M2 data cards) uses a completely different standard of communications than SD cards and cannot just be connected via a ribbon cable or slotted into the Game Card slot (since it too has a different communication method).
Hmm, is that info certain? Since both m2 and SD cards could be used for the regular PSP with appropriate adapters and I don't think they had space for much more than connections between the inserted card's pins and the adapter's pins. Unless m3 changed everything entirely from m2, I think it should still be possible piggyback an SD card on such a card? And if not, then maybe a full adapter for the SD card that connects to a Vita card used purely for connecting.
GizmoTheGreen

Post by GizmoTheGreen »

https://delightlylinux.files.wordpress. ... n_duo3.jpg

these adaptors does have translation logic inside. and afaik the new cards for the Vita has built in necryption that's not optional, so unless some big company makes an adapter by reversing the protocol it's not happening
Larkin_Oni

Post by Larkin_Oni »

P$ vita cart adapter idea diagram.
P$ vita cart adapter idea diagram.
IMG-20161028-00434.jpg (172.88 KiB) Viewed 9147 times
My P$ Vita Theory based on some of the info I've been reading.
Don't know if that pic came up or not but assuming it did. I read that the vita had a set up similar to that of P$2 and the magicgate memory cards (speaking from experience third party memory cards did not always work well with certain games like legacy of kaine blood omen 2_ it corrupted the memory card, and Suikoden V_ the third party memory cards did not show up, I took back three copies of that game before someone asked me which memory card type I was using, and was told only sony magicgate cards worked with that game.) Point being for the vita I read that it only excepts vita memory cards to download and store your content like games, so I also read that you can play games that you got from psn offline but the first time you play, it has to be authenticated and will have to be re-authenticated every 30days. So the authentication code is set for a short period of time, while the gamecarts are infinite. Dose each game have a different toc value like the P$2 or is there a code value that is the same for all cart games but not the psn downloads, and if this is so then maybe the codes can be transferred to the download versions if not does it have to do with the P$ vita game carts themselves maybe they will have to be cannibalized like the old Nds carts for backing up games. Instead of micro sd cards maybe we should try and take a look at the vita memory cards and see if it helps with playing backups offline via cart adapter (like Nds, and 3ds) and finally have a real solution to the vita backup problem besides p2p (cobra black fin) which is flimsy and always needs an internet connection to play, and internet is not always available for all of us... Yeah we all have our pipe dreams of having cake and eating it too... ;)
But I'm not going to lose hope on this one yet, I think the problem is everyone is trying to cheap out too much, and the final out come is suffering for it. But it's just a theory after all.
And if anyone else had the same theory as I did, and has posted it already my apologies to you, I did not see it and I hope you were better at conveying what I was trying to say.

Thanks for reading.
ACViper

Post by ACViper »

Someone is actually already doing something like this. His name is @RichDevX on Twitter. CHECK HIM OUT :)
ha_CK_er4

Post by ha_CK_er4 »

It's happening. ;)
PSP E1004 PRO B-10 Ver. 6.60 | PSP 1004 GOD CFW Ver. 6.20 | PS VITA 1001 3.60 Tai - HENkaku Enso |
Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down.

Return to “HENkaku”