Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Icon/LiveArea BUNDLE for HENkaku (3.60) + Tutorial (Update)

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
ACViper

Icon/LiveArea BUNDLE for HENkaku (3.60) + Tutorial (Update)

Post by ACViper »

I made a bundle of icons and livearea images for HENkaku. Hope you guys enjoy them and tell me if anything should be changed. :) (Make sure to put them in "/ur0:/appmeta/(HOMEBREW NAME)")

(SMS+, Genesis+GX, mGBA, SNES9x, and VHBL)

*UPDATE* Added FTPVita and CPS-1

DOWNLOAD
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rn1b2ofwjr7l ... gNDba?dl=0

FTPVita -

CPS1 -

mGBA -

SNES9x -

VHBL -

Genesis+GX -

SMS+ -

ICONS -

If you want to add the custom text like for example "Super Nintendo Entertainment emulator for PlayStation®Vita," then follow the below instructions. You will need the file "SNES LIVEAREA SQL.txt". (You can edit the gameid and the text where it says "Snes9xVITA" and "Super Nintendo Entertainment emulator for PlayStation®Vita" if you want to put custom text on other homebrews)

1. Launch MolecularShell on your PS Vita and start FTP with the select button. On your PC use a FTP client like FileZilla and copy app.db from "/ur0:shell/db/app.db".
2. Launch "app.db" using DB Browser for SQLite and go to the "Execute SQL" tab
3. Click on the 2nd icon (should say Open SQL file when you hover your mouse over it)
4. Select the file "SNES LIVEAREA SQL.txt" and then click the icon that looks like a play button
5. Click "Write Changes"
6. Exit and copy the file back to "ur0:shell/db/app.db" using FTP
7. Restart your PS Vita, lauch MolecularShell and click install
8. DONE!
Advertising
Last edited by ACViper on Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
satan89

Re: Icon/LiveArea BUNDLE for HENkaku (3.60) + Tutorial

Post by satan89 »

Very nice
Advertising
suicidal.banana

Post by suicidal.banana »

This is great, tyvm
5ham5h33r

Post by 5ham5h33r »

How do I know what folder has what homebrew in ux0:/appmeta so that I can place the files accordingly on the vita?
ACViper

Post by ACViper »

5ham5h33r wrote:How do I know what folder has what homebrew in ux0:/appmeta so that I can place the files accordingly on the vita?
Not in ux0. It has to be in ur0:/appmeta/(gameid). You can tell be either looking at the icon.png. Also in the dropbox download folder I put what homebrew goes with what gameid
andoryuu3

Post by andoryuu3 »

I like it, but I'm not much for the pastel colors. I might replace the icons with something to match my theme.

Thanks for putting this together! I'm a noob at custom bubbles. :cry:

EDIT: Here's the icons I whipped up for my own personal use. These use the same theme style as the Dead Or Alive Hot Summer (paid) themes from PSN.

I included a template file I created from layering the stock DOA icons and erasing logos. I only had to blur two very minor spots, and the result is very natural in appearance. Here's a preview:
Template
VHBL
Genesis
Sega Master System
GBA
SNES

You can view the rest of the icons here:
http://imgur.com/gallery/s4dL3

They're real simple and quickly done, but they're designed similarly to the Molecular Shell's "off center" look
Ronobono

Post by Ronobono »

Just wanted to say nice work. Very clean and look great.
5ham5h33r

Post by 5ham5h33r »

ACViper wrote:
5ham5h33r wrote:How do I know what folder has what homebrew in ux0:/appmeta so that I can place the files accordingly on the vita?
Not in ux0. It has to be in ur0:/appmeta/(gameid). You can tell be either looking at the icon.png. Also in the dropbox download folder I put what homebrew goes with what gameid
Sorry, I did mean ur0: Icon.png isn't viewable for some reason and the gameid you put for VHBL is not on my Vita at all though I do have VHBL :|
ACViper

Post by ACViper »

5ham5h33r wrote:
ACViper wrote:
Sorry, I did mean ur0: Icon.png isn't viewable for some reason and the gameid you put for VHBL is not on my Vita at all though I do have VHBL :|
You have to replace the gameid with yours and the icon.png should be viewable
TheGuyWith3PSPs

Post by TheGuyWith3PSPs »

Thank you for the great work, but I got a little problem here. :)
I changed the icon in the folder for Snes9x, but only the icon changed, not the background. And the background for mGBA is not at the right place like in the screenshot.

Return to “Tutorials”