Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Any working gPSP (gba emulator) for VHBL with HENkaku ?

HENkaku is a native Homebrew Enabler for the PS Vita and PS TV. It lets you run homebrews on the PS Vita
aymeric000

Any working gPSP (gba emulator) for VHBL with HENkaku ?

Post by aymeric000 »

I tried 2 gpsp eboot, one dosen't load .prx and the other crash VHBL when loading a rom :(
No problem with picodrive btw, work perfectly.

Anyone canplay with gpsp on the VHBL in 3.60 ?
Advertising
PS Vita 1001 - 3.60 HENkaku Ensō - 64gb Memory card
PSP 1004 - 6.60 PRO-B10 CFW - 8gb Memory card
Odin's Playground

Re: Any working gPSP (gba emulator) for VHBL with HENkaku ?

Post by Odin's Playground »

You have to make sure the gPSP is made compatible for VHBL. I just used same gPSP I already had for VHBL from previous firmware and works just as good under Henkaku installed VHBL.

I "think" I downloaded the version from here:

http://hackinformer.com/2015/01/28/psvi ... -for-vhbl/
Advertising
PSP 1000 PHAT CFW 6.60 ME
PSP Go Black CFW 6.60 ME
PS Vita 2000 3.60 HENkaku
3DS XL Gateway + Ri4
Twitter / Instagram / Youtube @ OdinsPlayground
aymeric000

Post by aymeric000 »

Thank you working great :D :D :D
PS Vita 1001 - 3.60 HENkaku Ensō - 64gb Memory card
PSP 1004 - 6.60 PRO-B10 CFW - 8gb Memory card
ErnieBall

Post by ErnieBall »

So it is possible to use any VHBL Homebrew with HENKAKU? If so, could you give some information on how to do it, or maybe a link if it was explained somewhere before?

The way i understood it, all the availabe homebrew for HENKAKU has been for Rejuvenate homebrew, that was modified to work with HENKAKU.

Edit: Nevermind, just so the Tutorial by TheZ.
Last edited by ErnieBall on Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSP 1004 6.60 ME
PSV 1000 3.60 HENKAKU
PS3 CECH-2004A FERROX 4.80 Cobra 7.3
Odin's Playground

Post by Odin's Playground »

Yes, by installing VHBL through Henkaku.
Follow this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUKwJjaovSw
PSP 1000 PHAT CFW 6.60 ME
PSP Go Black CFW 6.60 ME
PS Vita 2000 3.60 HENkaku
3DS XL Gateway + Ri4
Twitter / Instagram / Youtube @ OdinsPlayground
Dubz

Post by Dubz »

Can someone please explain how to install the emulator and games once this is done? I have HEMkaku and VHBL installed but what is the next step. Sorry i'm new to this!
eliwolfe92

Post by eliwolfe92 »

Dubz wrote:Can someone please explain how to install the emulator and games once this is done? I have HEMkaku and VHBL installed but what is the next step. Sorry i'm new to this!
I'm new to this as well so I feel your pain. Through a little trial and error/common sense I found the answer. First make sure you're using one of the VHBL compatible homebrews/emus from here. Assuming You have HENkaku and VHBL working on your vita, use FileZilla (or whatever FTP client you prefer) and the molecularShell app to connect to the vita's ftp server. Next navigate to /ux0:/pspemu/PSP and create a new folder called VHBL. You should now have the file path /ux0:/pspemu/PSP/VHBL on your PSVita. Extract any of the emus from the link above on your computer and you should have a folder with an install.zip inside. Take the folder (not just the install.zip I mentioned, the entire folder that it's in) and copy it to your new VHBL folder on the vita. Now disconnect the FTP and open your VHBL bubble on the Vita. you should see whichever emu you copied over on the list instead of the "couldn't find any homebrew" message (or whatever it says) If you don't see it you may have to restart the Vita, but I doubt it. Now click your homebrew/emu and it should ask you to install, hit yes and after it's finished you should have another folder created. If you didn't see a new folder show up, it likely means it installed into the same folder you clicked, that's okay too. Choosing the newly installed folder should launch your emu/homebrew.

Alternatively, you should also be able to extract the contents of one of the install.zip files and paste it into a new folder inside /ux0:/pspemu/PSP/VHBL, though I have yet to test this.

Sorry I'm pretty bad at tuts but I hope that helps you out.
ErnieBall

Post by ErnieBall »

eliwolfe92 wrote:
Alternatively, you should also be able to extract the contents of one of the install.zip files and paste it into a new folder inside /ux0:/pspemu/PSP/VHBL, though I have yet to test this.
Yes this works, but you will have to rename the EBOOT.PBP of the homebrews to wmenu.bin. I suggest to do that before transfering the homebrew folder, or from your FTP software. Using molecule shell for renaming EBOOT.PBP files didn't work for me.
PSP 1004 6.60 ME
PSV 1000 3.60 HENKAKU
PS3 CECH-2004A FERROX 4.80 Cobra 7.3
satan89

Post by satan89 »

ErnieBall wrote:
eliwolfe92 wrote:
Yes this works, but you will have to rename the EBOOT.PBP of the homebrews to wmenu.bin. I suggest to do that before transfering the homebrew folder, or from your FTP software. Using molecule shell for renaming EBOOT.PBP files didn't work for me.
Why do we have to rename it to wmenu.bin? I kept it as EBOOT.PBP and it's works on VHBL.
I'm just asking because I'm new to the Vita. Any advantages of keeping it as wmenu?
HeroKing

Post by HeroKing »

well, the emulator does work, but has a major issue. if you create a save file of any game and try to load that rom, it crashes the emulator back to the livescreen. i read somewhere that savestates are fine, but haven't tried yet since i only used those in emergency situations, rather than the default method

Edit: nope, even savestates crash the emulator. making just about every game unplayable

Return to “HENkaku”