Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Tutorial] Installing Steam on PS4 Linux

Post here your guides, tips, How-to, etc...
wsxps

Re: [Tutorial] Installing Steam on PS4 Linux

Post by wsxps »

Yes, that works. I'm loading the payload via wifi. Maybe it makes a difference that I'm currently on 1.76 recovery FW?
I think, I'll give regular FW 1.76 a try, but I don't think this should make a difference, right?
Advertising
wsxps

Post by wsxps »

OsirisX wrote:You can also try running insmod command directly after Fedora has booted without the sdhci.modules script.
When I try this, bash logs out or terminal crashes. Using with sudo returns an ERROR: file exists.

I assume, that loading this module is not the main problem...
Advertising
OsirisX

Post by OsirisX »

wsxps wrote:Yes, that works. I'm loading the payload via wifi. Maybe it makes a difference that I'm currently on 1.76 recovery FW?
I think, I'll give regular FW 1.76 a try, but I don't think this should make a difference, right?
I don't think it matters but haven't tested with recovery fw.
wsxps wrote:When I try this, bash logs out or terminal crashes. Using with sudo returns an ERROR: file exists. I assume, that loading this module is not the main problem...
Module has probably loaded but wifi firmware most likely failed. Can you post your dmesg log for mmc?

Code: Select all

sudo dmesg | grep mmc
It should display the driver's version if firmware is successful. It fails when it says unregister device. I'm not exactly sure why it fails but looks like it happens when commands to the wlan device are timing out.
wsxps

Post by wsxps »

grep mmc

Just in case, grep sdhci

Looks like it finds the device, but cannot load the driver correctly, right? ip addr still doen't show mmc0.
I'm now booting from regular FW 1.76.

Thank you for you feedback. I'll probably try wifi via usb dongle, but right now I don't have enough time to dig deeper ;) Keep you updated.
OsirisX

Post by OsirisX »

wsxps wrote: Looks like it finds the device, but cannot load the driver correctly, right? ip addr still doen't show mmc0. I'm now booting from regular FW 1.76.
Thanks for posting your output. Seems you have the same issue as D-ecks. Network device is found but doesn't respond to any commands. I'll try investigating more and see if I can resolve this issue.
VitaGenic

Post by VitaGenic »

Hello OsirisX, I noticed that your particular install of Fedora has SPDIF (Optical) audio output working.

I've got D-ecks pre-config'd fedora distro running on my PS4 and SPDIF output isn't functioning, as was written in his tutorial.

I'm just wondering what i need to do in D-ecks distro of PS4 linux to get SPDIF output. Any particular packages/drivers/kernels to install or a command i need to run?

Thanks in advance :)
PS Vita 3G 16gb 3.18 Talkman Travel Exploit
PS3 CECHA01 60gb Cobra USB
3DS XL White 4.4 Gateway 128gb SD
D-ecks

Post by D-ecks »

VitaGenic wrote:audio output working.
Working or device available only? That is a good question.
I'm interested in this thing too.
VitaGenic

Post by VitaGenic »

D-ecks wrote:
VitaGenic wrote:audio output working.
Working or device available only? That is a good question.
I'm interested in this thing too.
To quote the original post:
What's not working?
Sound over hdmi (sound over spdif works)

I had a play around this evening trying to get S/PDIF output to work, but i am a super noob when it comes to linux, so my attempts were made in vain.... Still no red light emanating from the port :(

Using the lshw multimedia command brings up some details about the sound card, but I'm way out of my league here, I'm sure you guys are 10 steps ahead of me. Lol
PS Vita 3G 16gb 3.18 Talkman Travel Exploit
PS3 CECHA01 60gb Cobra USB
3DS XL White 4.4 Gateway 128gb SD

Return to “Tutorials”