Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[OPEN] Can't add Gmail or Yahoo accounts on Vita anymore?

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
Evozt

Re: [OPEN] Can't add Gmail or Yahoo accounts on Vita anymore

Post by Evozt »

Cyber wrote:
Evozt wrote:How do you set the hmail on vita? I have try some methods but still dont work anyway
This is what I have on my Vita.

Name = Vita
Email Address = mailbox@local.mail
Username = mailbox@local.mail
Password = 123
Protocol = IMAP
(in my hMS there is "local.mail" domain with "mailbox@local.mail" account)

Incoming / Outgoing Mail Settings
Host Name = 192.168.0.10
Username = mailbox@local.mail
Password = 123
SSL = Off
Authentication = LOGIN
Port = 143 (incoming), 587 (outgoing)
(my home PC has IP 192.168.0.10 assigned by a router)

Obviously, your mail settings on the Vita will be different depending on the configuration of hMS and your LAN setup, but you can use these as an example of working ones.
I'm already try with your setting (just adjust host name with my IP). I can send message between 2 of my local email using thunderbird. So i'm assume nothing wrong with my setting on thunderbird (used this setting too).
But when i'm trying this to my vita, it still can't send and received any email :cry:
Is there any setting that i'm missed ? Start crazy looking solution for this.. :shock: . I'm already searching over google but no one have been create any tutorial for using Hmail on vita
Advertising
Cyber

Post by Cyber »

Evozt wrote:I'm already try with your setting (just adjust host name with my IP). I can send message between 2 of my local email using thunderbird. So i'm assume nothing wrong with my setting on thunderbird (used this setting too).
But when i'm trying this to my vita, it still can't send and received any email :cry:
Is there any setting that i'm missed ? Start crazy looking solution for this.. :shock: . I'm already searching over google but no one have been create any tutorial for using Hmail on vita
I don't know what's wrong in your case, but I know what's right in mine.
I've just uninstalled hMS, deleted email settings on a Vita and started from scratch.
hMailServer configuration
Install hMS with default options: Full installation, Use built-in database engine, enter password (12345 for example)
On the first run of the administration utility in its Welcome - Getting started area:
Add domain... -> Domain = local.mail -> Save

Then go to Domains -> local.mail (newly added) -> Accounts -> Add...
Address = mailbox (@local.mail), Password = 123, Save

This is enough to use hMS for receiving and sending emails on a Vita with the settings I gave earlier.
hMS will complain with a warning in the Status window after this though, so to fix it go to Settings -> Protocols -> SMTP -> Delivery of e-mail and set Local host name = localhost
Note that this is a bare minimum configuration without any security whatsoever which should NEVER be used on a computer with Internet access, but it's enough for testing purposes.

Vita Email app configuration
Start Email app, delete existing email settings, if any: tap [...] screen button -> Settings -> Format Email Application Database

Add Email Account -> Other (i.e. not a Gmail or Yahoo)

Name = Vita
Password = 123
Protocol = IMAP (it's a default value)
Incoming & Outgoing Mail Settings - Host Name = 192.168.0.10 (replace with an IP address of a PC running hMS, which must be in the same LAN as the Vita).
This is my currently working setup in a "PC - router - Vita" LAN with the router configured to always assign fixed IP address 192.168.0.10 to the PC and a dynamic IP address in 192.168.0.10 - 192.168.0.255 range to a Vita.
Advertising
Evozt

Post by Evozt »

Cyber wrote:
Evozt wrote:I'm already try with your setting (just adjust host name with my IP). I can send message between 2 of my local email using thunderbird. So i'm assume nothing wrong with my setting on thunderbird (used this setting too).
I don't know what's wrong in your case, but I know what's right in mine.
I've just uninstalled hMS, deleted email settings on a Vita and started from scratch.
hMailServer configuration
Install hMS with default options: Full installation, Use built-in database engine, enter password (12345 for example)
On the first run of the administration utility in its Welcome - Getting started area:
Add domain... -> Domain = local.mail -> Save

Then go to Domains -> local.mail (newly added) -> Accounts -> Add...
Address = mailbox (@local.mail), Password = 123, Save

This is enough to use hMS for receiving and sending emails on a Vita with the settings I gave earlier.
hMS will complain with a warning in the Status window after this though, so to fix it go to Settings -> Protocols -> SMTP -> Delivery of e-mail and set Local host name = localhost
Note that this is a bare minimum configuration without any security whatsoever which should NEVER be used on a computer with Internet access, but it's enough for testing purposes.

Vita Email app configuration
Start Email app, delete existing email settings, if any: tap [...] screen button -> Settings -> Format Email Application Database

Add Email Account -> Other (i.e. not a Gmail or Yahoo)

Name = Vita
Password = 123
Protocol = IMAP (it's a default value)
Incoming & Outgoing Mail Settings - Host Name = 192.168.0.10 (replace with an IP address of a PC running hMS, which must be in the same LAN as the Vita).
This is my currently working setup in a "PC - router - Vita" LAN with the router configured to always assign fixed IP address 192.168.0.10 to the PC and a dynamic IP address in 192.168.0.10 - 192.168.0.255 range to a Vita.
It's look that i'm not that lucky. Already try your tutorial, but still get nothing to work in vita. :( (it's get work on thunderbird)
I use free domain (.ddns.net), could it be the problem? and other suggestion ?

Any email provider suggestion that support SSLv3 ? Except GMX (i cant register, because it block my ISP or IP address)
Koksi_90

Post by Koksi_90 »

PS Vita Slim 3.15
I am using ok.de as E-Mail Server and i can receive and send E-Mails, but the writer.eml doesnt reset my E-Mail App and the #0 file always display the ?.
With the HMail Server i also can't reveive and send any mail.
The same problem with gmx, gmail, yahoo, web.de, freenet.
Please help.
Rasfo

Post by Rasfo »

my gmail email on my PSTV 3.20 don't work, but only on PC Thunderbird works!!! I am from Germany.

Please help!!! :(
Koksi_90

Post by Koksi_90 »

Rasfo wrote:my gmail email on my PSTV 3.20 don't work, but only on PC Thunderbird works!!! I am from Germany.

Please help!!! :(
gmx.COM works and gmx.NET doesn't work.
I ask someone if he could make a account for me and a gbatemp user made one for me :-)
Proxy doesn't work for the registration at gmx.com
I am from Austria
P3T3

Post by P3T3 »

Hmail works perfectly on local network
Then setup funderbird (same pc as mail server) on loopback address (127.0.0.1) with bellow tut on adding html link in to email, all fixed!
viewtopic.php?p=399287

I was going to update the vita after no email client worked, not even gmx.. Use the setup on hear for local network and you have to remember your firewall on PC/Laptop as this could be one of your main issues for it not working!
Keeps vitas on low FW and works 100%
msailg

Post by msailg »

I could not but now solved. Rather than choosing the gmail option, choose other and fill in the details, it worked first time for many after many previously failed attempts using the gmail option.

Return to “Support”