Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[OPEN] Can't add Gmail or Yahoo accounts on Vita anymore?

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
benjmole

[OPEN] Can't add Gmail or Yahoo accounts on Vita anymore?

Post by benjmole »

As the title says, i've never had an issue adding my accounts before on other Vita's, but I recently got a new Vita on 3.18 and decided to fiddle again, but can't for the life of me add either of my gmail or yahoo accounts to my new Vita. I just get an error at about 25%, but interestingly it can determine if my password is wrong and gives a different error so it must be interacting with the gmail servers!

And to add insult to injury, I now can't add my accounts on my other Vita either after getting a new formatted memory card. (also on 3.18)

It's so weird, considering about a month ago I did the same thing and it worked fine?

I know all about disabling the secure device thing in gmail, and I don't have 2 factor on, so its definitely not that.

Could someone test adding accounts and see if its a problem on my end? Or does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers.
Advertising
666charizard

Re: [OPEN] Can't add Gmail or Yahoo accounts on Vita anymore

Post by 666charizard »

I was able to add a gmail account a few days ago, and another one just now. I would double check to make sure you have access from insecure apps enabled, and then make sure IMAP is enabled. If it still doesn't work, why not try adding the gmail as "other", and filling in google's mail server information. I don't know it off the top of my head but I know it's readily available.
Advertising
All I wanted was a pepsi.....
JamX

Post by JamX »

Just dropped by to mention the same problem. I believe like past months ago, I can access and sync my gmail account on Vita 3.18 just fine, doing the trick bubbles and other mail tricks.

Recently I fired up my Vita 3.18, went to email and the account is no longer sync and it did not receive any updates from my inbox. So, I decided to delete the Gmail account and re-login account back, but I failed. Tried different Gmail account and even Yahoo account, still failed to create. (Error C2-14393-0)

However, I have Vita TV 3.52 and the Email app is able to sync the same mail account and I am able to use id.dat trick to swap card from 3.52 to Vita 3.18. It seems that the email app on 3.18 appear to be blocked by the server to access the email, but not on 3.52.

It still puzzles me why on 3.18, I can't re enter my email, but on 3.52, I am able to re enter the same email. I checked the sign in device and security preferences, nothing changed and prohibited. All with the same IMAP settings and everything, with same internet connection, and I can't sync my email on 3.18 device. I am able to re enter my email back on 3.52 device; just to clear that up. Only on 3.18 device, the email app refuse to sync the same account. I don't know if Sony has managed to make 3.18 device to not connect through the email app anymore or any unknown security reason, but if that really the reason, I don't have any solution for this.
Thedon247

Post by Thedon247 »

I am also having the exact same problem with the same (C2-14393-0) error code, which leads me to believe that sony has done something (This is pure speculation however). My Vita is running 3.01 and hasn't been connected to the internet in anyway since last year
tomtomdu80
Buffer Overflow

Post by tomtomdu80 »

I'm having the exact same issue since earlier today, everything was working fine until yesterday.
This only affects my 3.18 vita, I formatted twice, nothing changes.

I also suspect Sony to indeed blacklist the Mail User Agent of old fw vitas somehow, I'm of course not sure, but since more and more people are having this issue with no viable solution yet, I think it's fair assuming Sony has done something.
King Clyde

Post by King Clyde »

tomtomdu80 wrote:I'm having the exact same issue since earlier today, everything was working fine until yesterday.
This only affects my 3.18 vita, I formatted twice, nothing changes.

I also suspect Sony to indeed blacklist the Mail User Agent of old fw vitas somehow, I'm of course not sure, but since more and more people are having this issue with no viable solution yet, I think it's fair assuming Sony has done something.
They call it a legacy device yet they pull this stunt, why does Sony even care anymore. I hope the Vita is completely unlocked soon, this cat and mouse game has gone on long enough.
Thedon247

Post by Thedon247 »

While trying to add gmail as an "other" account I notices that the vita's default port settings for IMAP and SMTP are completely wrong. Ofc it still doesn't work after correcting the ports, but could this be evidence that something has changed on Google's end?
Cyber

Post by Cyber »

Wololo wrote:So this could very well be some protocol update from the email providers themselves, that maybe the Vita email app on lower firmwares is not compatible with.

Update: MajorTom’s latest tweet seems to confirm that this is probably an update on gmail/yahoo’s end rather than a move by Sony (protocol update, as I stated above)
http://wololo.net/2016/07/08/sony-crack ... ick-users/

As for me, I've never let my 3.18 Vita go online since firmware 3.30 went live. I use a local mail server set up on my home PC instead, namely hMailServer. If you also want to try it for yourself, note that I couldn't make my 3.18 Vita work with it via POP3 (the default setting on the Vita) and only changing the protocol on the Vita to IMAP helped. The problem could've been just me misconfiguring hMailServer, but still.
Evozt

Post by Evozt »

Cyber wrote:
Wololo wrote:So this could very well be some protocol update from the email providers themselves, that maybe the Vita email app on lower firmwares is not compatible with.

Update: MajorTom’s latest tweet seems to confirm that this is probably an update on gmail/yahoo’s end rather than a move by Sony (protocol update, as I stated above)
http://wololo.net/2016/07/08/sony-crack ... ick-users/

As for me, I've never let my 3.18 Vita go online since firmware 3.30 went live. I use a local mail server set up on my home PC instead, namely hMailServer. If you also want to try it for yourself, note that I couldn't make my 3.18 Vita work with it via POP3 (the default setting on the Vita) and only changing the protocol on the Vita to IMAP helped. The problem could've been just me misconfiguring hMailServer, but still.
How do you set the hmail on vita? I have try some methods but still dont work anyway
Cyber

Post by Cyber »

Evozt wrote:How do you set the hmail on vita? I have try some methods but still dont work anyway
This is what I have on my Vita.

Name = Vita
Email Address = mailbox@local.mail
Username = mailbox@local.mail
Password = 123
Protocol = IMAP
(in my hMS there is "local.mail" domain with "mailbox@local.mail" account)

Incoming / Outgoing Mail Settings
Host Name = 192.168.0.10
Username = mailbox@local.mail
Password = 123
SSL = Off
Authentication = LOGIN
Port = 143 (incoming), 587 (outgoing)
(my home PC has IP 192.168.0.10 assigned by a router)

Obviously, your mail settings on the Vita will be different depending on the configuration of hMS and your LAN setup, but you can use these as an example of working ones.

Return to “Support”