Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Can the PSM Runtime Package still be updated?(PSTV) [SOLVED]

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
bobrocks95

Can the PSM Runtime Package still be updated?(PSTV) [SOLVED]

Post by bobrocks95 »

I found one thread on this, but it was old and had a single, not really helpful response.

Can you still use the PSM Runtime Package update to install VitaDefiler on a PSTV? Doesn't seem to be working for me, and I used it before to install Rejuvenate on another PSTV. It just asks me to update my firmware, regardless of whether or not I've used UpdateBlocker.

Alternative question: Can I use the package installer to install an outdated app that needs an update and use this to install VitaDefiler?

As a note my PSM for Unity app is asking for an update as well, which seems odd to me. I used the Package Installer to install it and get it to 1.05; isn't that the right version for FW3.20? It doesn't allow me to update it either just like the PSM Runtime.

Thanks, and sorry if this is something everybody's known about for awhile.
Advertising
Last edited by bobrocks95 on Sun May 01, 2016 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
nyx

Re: Can the PSM Runtime Package still be updated? (PSTV 3.20

Post by nyx »

Last I checked, no
Advertising
bobrocks95

Re: Can the PSM Runtime Package still be updated? (PSTV 3.20

Post by bobrocks95 »

Interesting that Sony was able to reject the download on an older firmware. I guess it's all a server-end thing.

As a note for anyone who finds this and has a PSTV on 3.20- use the package installer and install the Netflix app, then use its update.

Return to “Support”