Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[TUTORIAL] Dumping files without limitation :D

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
kurorolucifer

Re: [TUTORIAL] Dumping files without limitation :D

Post by kurorolucifer »

could someone make a videotutorial for this dump plz..
Advertising
ShrineFox

Post by ShrineFox »

I dumped the data.cpk from Persona 4 Golden (~2 GB) using this method. Thanks for sharing.

However, the file (as well as everything else in the data directory of the game) is encrypted. Is it supposed to be encrypted after the dump? Is there any known way to decrypt?
Advertising
szczuru

Post by szczuru »

ShrineFox wrote:I dumped the data.cpk from Persona 4 Golden (~2 GB) using this method. Thanks for sharing.

However, the file (as well as everything else in the data directory of the game) is encrypted. Is it supposed to be encrypted after the dump? Is there any known way to decrypt?
Yes all files (even png) are encrypted, and no, there is no way to decrypt them.
ShrineFox

Post by ShrineFox »

About that, I'm confused. Mr. Gas and Major_Tom have an entire article about them being able to decrypt apps on the Vita.
http://wololo.net/2015/07/22/welcome-pa ... -it-again/
In the comments, Mr. Gas can be quoted as saying:
yes .. not only pd0 but also os0,vs0,ur0,ux0,gro0,grw0,vd0,tm0,sa0
and it’s only welcome park is encrypted with pfs ..
If they can dump AND decrypt pfs-encrypted files in gro0: which is where the cartridge data is, there is absolutely *no* reason why game files can't be ripped.

Is there a good reason they're hiding this method from the public at this point? That's all I'd like to know, because dumping the files really doesn't help me in any way unless I can extract them.

EDIT: Nevermind he came through for us!
Sorry for ever doubting mr. gas, I guess he was just waiting to share.
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=45348
TheSyrupWaffle

Post by TheSyrupWaffle »

Hi all,

So I have been trying to get this method working on my Vita, but am having a bad time with getting files to actually dump...
Here's what I am trying to dump. It's from Minecraft, and is at least 7 directories into the filesystem (which, for some reason, makes it not able to be dumped by normal means):

gro0:app/PCSB00560/Common/res/1_2_2/armor/chain_1.png

I swear that I have set everything up correctly, however, whenever I try to dump that file, I keep getting either 0kb files or a completely different file whenever I transfer the specific xx.part2.dat file from the music app to my PC. :(
I don't know if anyone has encountered the same issue as me and managed to sort it out in the end, but does anyone know what I am doing wrong at all?

This might be a bleak explanation, but if you want any more info about it to help you help me, let me know. :)
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

TheSyrupWaffle wrote:Hi all,

So I have been trying to get this method working on my Vita, but am having a bad time with getting files to actually dump...
Here's what I am trying to dump. It's from Minecraft, and is at least 7 directories into the filesystem (which, for some reason, makes it not able to be dumped by normal means):

I swear that I have set everything up correctly, however, whenever I try to dump that file, I keep getting either 0kb files or a completely different file whenever I transfer the specific xx.part2.dat file from the music app to my PC. :(
I don't know if anyone has encountered the same issue as me and managed to sort it out in the end, but does anyone know what I am doing wrong at all?

This might be a bleak explanation, but if you want any more info about it to help you help me, let me know. :)
Just to verify which firmware are you trying to dump the files from? Because if you're on firmware's 3.57 or 3.60 you can still "dump files" but you only dump blank 0 kb files. That's sounding like what might be the issue to me.
mr.gas
Guru

Post by mr.gas »

TheSyrupWaffle wrote:Hi all,

u can't dump file located in the 7th+ directory
TheSyrupWaffle

Post by TheSyrupWaffle »

HarmfulMushroom wrote:Just to verify which firmware are you trying to dump the files from? Because if you're on firmware's 3.57 or 3.60 you can still "dump files" but you only dump blank 0 kb files. That's sounding like what might be the issue to me.
Nope; I'm running a 3.30 Vita. I tried every single tutorial out there to dump files, but no such luck dumping from within 7+ directories, it seems.
mr.gas wrote:u can't dump file located in the 7th+ directory
Then how are you supposed to make full game cart dumps then? Is this one limitation that just can't be avoided? :(

Return to “Tutorials”