Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Can somebody mod Rollcage Stage II PSX to fix it for PSP?

Discuss PSP Official Games here
Forum rules
- No piracy talk is allowed here.
- Only discuss the games you like without the technical aspects of "how to run them on firmware XXX....". In particular, ISO discussion is not allowed in this subforum.
- This is for official games only. For homebrews, go to viewforum.php?f=2
rsn8887

Can somebody mod Rollcage Stage II PSX to fix it for PSP?

Post by rsn8887 »

I have been looking forever, but there's no working version of Rollcage Stage II. All eboots and isos converted to eboot, including my own eboot made from my original cd with psx2psp, get stuck at the PS logo with an infinite loop. This happens on any popsloader firmware version.

Another game, Skullmonkeys, had a similar problem. But in 2013 a guy named Brill on a Russian site posted a fix that works! Now Skullmonkeys, both the English and the Russian versions work on PSP. See the comment by Brill here for the english patch , and a video on youtube of the Russian version running on PSP.

Does anyone have the skills to make a similar patch for Rollcage Stage II? I bet there's some way to skip that infinite loop. By changing a few asm commands in the main loader file on the disc.
Advertising
Malachi

Re: Can somebody mod Rollcage Stage II PSX to fix it for PSP

Post by Malachi »

I have been in the same boat with Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace since 2008. It didn't matter what I did and I also wripped my own disc. I could never get the game to get past the psone splash screen. Even on vita pops. Works on ps3 just fine though... :?
Advertising
JustAnyone

Re: Can somebody mod Rollcage Stage II PSX to fix it for PSP?

Post by JustAnyone »

Sorry for bumping this thread, but i have made (kind of) possible way for it to work.
There was a preview version of this game leaked and it is only one file so i gave it a try with psx2psp and it is working!
I dont know if i am allowed to post links of games here, but if i am then pm me asap.
PSP 2001 - TA-085 v2 - 6.60 ME - 16GB SD card
PS2 Slim - SCPH-77003 - FMCB 1.963 - 250GB HDD
Xbox 360 Slim - Corona v1 - RGH2 - 1TB HDD
Samsung Galaxy S8 - G-950f - Android 9
PC - I5-3570 - 16GB ram - AMD RX580 8gb
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

Very interesting. I think the preview is lacking some things, there's only one music track instead of five or so for example. I wonder if files from the preview and full version could be combined somehow to make a new iso, convert to eboot, and somehow get the full version to boot?!?!
JustAnyone

Post by JustAnyone »

yeah you are totally right about music tracks in it but i have no idea how to combine both builds to make a working one
PSP 2001 - TA-085 v2 - 6.60 ME - 16GB SD card
PS2 Slim - SCPH-77003 - FMCB 1.963 - 250GB HDD
Xbox 360 Slim - Corona v1 - RGH2 - 1TB HDD
Samsung Galaxy S8 - G-950f - Android 9
PC - I5-3570 - 16GB ram - AMD RX580 8gb

Return to “Games”