Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

VitaShell 0.5 released and open-sourced.

Rejuvenate is a native homebrew platform for PS Vita. Read more about Rejuvenate here.
TheFloW
Guru

VitaShell 0.5 released and open-sourced.

Post by TheFloW »

As the title states:
https://bitbucket.org/TheOfficialFloW/vitashell/

Let's make this the official thread for questions and bugs report.

Have fun!
Advertising
HarmfulMushroom

Re: VitaShell 0.5 released and open-sourced.

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

Nice job as always! I'll be sure to give this a try once I get off work!
Advertising
romain337

Post by romain337 »

thanks!
TheGrandPubaa

Post by TheGrandPubaa »

Awesome, can't wait to try it out!
MysticalLiete

Post by MysticalLiete »

Excellent stuff! VitaShell is probably the most valuable piece of homebrew on the Vita. The ability to force-quit apps and load another makes Rejuvenate significantly more useful as we are no longer teathered to the PC. Great to see development continuing.
a.k.a sj33
zekepliskin

Post by zekepliskin »

VitaShell is amazing and TheFloW is a legend of the console homebrew scene. Nice work buddy, I've been testing each version and they really get better and better each time. Fixing the FTP support for Android means you can use a smartphone to FTP push files and launch the resulting ELFs from the Vita itself without doing the Rejuvenate VitaDefiler thing each time, super useful.
[TUTORIAL] Install TN-V11/TN-X On Vita FW 3.18

PS Vita 16GB (FW 3.51) - TN-V11 [Quikrazor87], Rejuvenate [Unity 1.06], PS1 Loader [TheFloW]
Nintendo O3DS XL 16GB (SysNAND 11.0) - A9LH, GBA VC, FBI, HBL, SuperCard DSTWO 2GB
Wii U, Wii, Xbox 360, PS2, PS3, PS4
papawoman

Post by papawoman »

"Fixing the FTP support for Android means you can use a smartphone to FTP push files and launch the resulting ELFs from the Vita itself without doing the Rejuvenate VitaDefiler thing each time, super useful."

Could you explain how to do that ? or make a tutorial. Thank you
javito

Post by javito »

Id like to know where is the app.db located used for bubbles, because if we can edit files on the vita system, i asume that we can move the file directly through ftp instead of doing the hole email method, or am i wrong?
zekepliskin

Post by zekepliskin »

papawoman wrote:"Fixing the FTP support for Android means you can use a smartphone to FTP push files and launch the resulting ELFs from the Vita itself without doing the Rejuvenate VitaDefiler thing each time, super useful."

Could you explain how to do that ? or make a tutorial. Thank you
It's pretty easy, no tutorial required. You can do it either on WiFi or create a hotspot if you're using a smartphone.
  • Get Rejuvenate running with VitaShell 0.5 loaded
  • Briefly hold START & SELECT to make VitaShell launch it's FTP server
  • Make a note of the IP address, in my case it's usually 10.0.0.27 for the Vita on WiFi or 192.168.43.6 if I'm connecting the Vita's WiFi to the phone's hotspot.
  • Download Turbo Client app on your Android device.
  • Launch Turbo Client and choose "Create a new account", input the IP address and 1337 as the port number. No username/password required (anonymous login).
  • You can then connect to this on your smartphone. If it's working you can see the Vita file structure exactly as you would on VitaShell when it first loads at root level, i.e. "cache0:" and all the other paths.
Easy peasy. Now you can download homebrew ELFs and whatever else on your smartphone then push it across to the Vita, no drama. Much easier to get nightly builds of emulators across for testing in my case. Confirmed working on both my Vitas that run Rejuvenate (FW 3.18 via Unity 1.05 and FW 3.51 via Unity 1.06).
[TUTORIAL] Install TN-V11/TN-X On Vita FW 3.18

PS Vita 16GB (FW 3.51) - TN-V11 [Quikrazor87], Rejuvenate [Unity 1.06], PS1 Loader [TheFloW]
Nintendo O3DS XL 16GB (SysNAND 11.0) - A9LH, GBA VC, FBI, HBL, SuperCard DSTWO 2GB
Wii U, Wii, Xbox 360, PS2, PS3, PS4
mindglitch

Post by mindglitch »

I cant get anything to transfer using the ftp feature in vitashell.
Ive tried the above android method and filezilla on the pc. They both show me the vita file system but i cant add folders or transfer anything to the vita.

Anyone know whats up?
-always use the search function before asking and if you receive help from anyone, say thanks and remember to pay it forward.
[spoiler]#387843 by dgjg0622
Tue May 12, 2015 12:01 pm

Me too,i can't install it, i am not back up, i can't update,I want dead[/spoiler]

Return to “Rejuvenate”