Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

dumping your games or apps without pfs protection

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
yatto

Re: dumping your games or apps without pfs protection

Post by yatto »

I want to dump all the files from a cartridge to get the music files. Is it possible to do so with this technique (Boomer seems to succeed in doing it) ? First, dumping the cartridge to the memory card, then the memory card to the PC ? Will I get the files decrypted so that I can get the music files ? (and this, if only they're encoded in something readable, or even AIX like the PSP had, I can get some MP3 / OGG files from them)

EDIT 1: first, I got the lists of the files on my cartridge, with this trick : viewtopic.php?f=65&t=45014
The musics are in OGG, so now I'm sure I can get them and read them :)

Still, there's no public way to get the files from cartridge to memcard. How did you do ? (OC I can't pass these files through mail, they're far taller than 2MB).
Advertising
AbyssDweller

Post by AbyssDweller »

yatto wrote:Still, there's no public way to get the files from cartridge to memcard. How did you do ? (OC I can't pass these files through mail, they're far taller than 2MB).
There is a public way to do it. Its been out for quite some time now. Make sure to read through the posts, there is an easier method for files under 16mb, and a difficult method for files larger than that.
Advertising
nyx

Post by nyx »

Is it possible to just use gro0 instead of ux0 as the uri to dump from cartridges?

So when entering the url type gro0: or whatever the game root path is.
ShrineFox

Post by ShrineFox »

Does anyone have any idea where DLC is installed to? I dumped a game before and after I installed DLC, and there's no difference between the previous and current data.cpk. I read here that there's supposed to be a "/addcontent" directory inside the Game ID folder of the ms0:/app directory.

But I didn't see anything of that sort. There's not a savedata folder in there either.
Trying to dump ../../../app/PCSE00764/addcontent did nothing, didn't even generate an app folder.

I'm really confused.
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

ShrineFox wrote:Does anyone have any idea where DLC is installed to? I dumped a game before and after I installed DLC, and there's no difference between the previous and current data.cpk. I read here that there's supposed to be a "/addcontent" directory inside the Game ID folder of the ms0:/app directory.

But I didn't see anything of that sort. There's not a savedata folder in there either.
Trying to dump ../../../app/PCSE00764/addcontent did nothing, didn't even generate an app folder.

I'm really confused.
I believe its saved in the games save directory? At least for P4D it appears to be where it's saved. I have a physical copy of the game, so most of the time a physical game will only place a bubble and save data on the vita and is usually only around 1 MB in CMA. This used to be the case for my copy of P4D, but as soon as I got DLC that bubble is now 700 MB. I don't know if this helps at all since I've yet to play around with any of this but that's where it appears to be stored for me.
ShrineFox

Post by ShrineFox »

HarmfulMushroom wrote: I believe its saved in the games save directory? At least for P4D it appears to be where it's saved. I have a physical copy of the game, so most of the time a physical game will only place a bubble and save data on the vita and is usually only around 1 MB in CMA. This used to be the case for my copy of P4D, but as soon as I got DLC that bubble is now 700 MB. I don't know if this helps at all since I've yet to play around with any of this but that's where it appears to be stored for me.
Ah I see, thanks for the tip! My copy's digital but you'd still think the save would be in the same place.
If this is a list of directories, then perhaps "game" is where I should be looking instead of app then? I have yet to ever see savedata in the dumped "app" folder despite what the article I linked previously says.

EDIT: When I dump ../../../game nothing happens...
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

ShrineFox wrote:
HarmfulMushroom wrote: I believe its saved in the games save directory? At least for P4D it appears to be where it's saved. I have a physical copy of the game, so most of the time a physical game will only place a bubble and save data on the vita and is usually only around 1 MB in CMA. This used to be the case for my copy of P4D, but as soon as I got DLC that bubble is now 700 MB. I don't know if this helps at all since I've yet to play around with any of this but that's where it appears to be stored for me.
Ah I see, thanks for the tip! My copy's digital but you'd still think the save would be in the same place.
If this is a list of directories, then perhaps "game" is where I should be looking instead of app then? I have yet to ever see savedata in the dumped "app" folder despite what the article I linked previously says.
I'll be honest and say I have almost no idea what I'm talking about, this was only something I've noticed in the past and always wondered about. I would think everything that CMA can back up would be located within one folder on the memory card but I guess it's possible it could be scattered about. All I know for sure is that the app used to only be a little over a MB and now its around 700 after all the DLC so I was guessing that might be where it's saved.

I just bought a 64 GB memory card that I was planning on filling up before trying to dump it so I can report back later to see if I can find it myself.
Mystic Racer

Post by Mystic Racer »

ShrineFox wrote:Does anyone have any idea where DLC is installed to? I dumped a game before and after I installed DLC, and there's no difference between the previous and current data.cpk. I read here that there's supposed to be a "/addcontent" directory inside the Game ID folder of the ms0:/app directory.

I'm really confused.
Try using ../../../addcont , all the DLC is stored in this folder
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

nyx wrote:Is it possible to just use gro0 instead of ux0 as the uri to dump from cartridges?

So when entering the url type gro0: or whatever the game root path is.
Currently it is impossible. This is why I said you must dump the cartridge first, then install the backup, then decrypt.
ShrineFox

Post by ShrineFox »

Mystic Racer wrote: Try using ../../../addcont , all the DLC is stored in this folder
Thanks, that appeared to work. However, the cpks are encrypted (pretty sure with pfs) even though I had the game's manual open with Near when I dumped it.

Anything I can do about that...?

Return to “Tutorials”