Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules: Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
#401706 by Aroth
Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:54 am
Taronish3 wrote:
Aroth wrote:
Taronish3 wrote:Hi bro start vita in recovery reboot it then see. And restart pc then start qcma offline

So in over the course of the last few hours and repeated uninstalls and reinstalls of both CMA, Open CMA and QCMA, I was finally able to get my vita to connect to CMA via USB with the Open CMA patch installed. Unfortunately it seems QCMA is required for installing *** and while before I could get the vita to connect to QCMA over both wifi and usb (albeit with a "you must update" message on both), now I cannot get the vita to connect to QCMA over USB at all. Just "Could not connect to the PC".

I did try your suggestion but seeing as atm I cannot connect via USB, I am a bit scr..ed.

edit: Got it to connect to QCMA again by reinstalling QCMA (suspect I will be unable to connect to OpenCMA now), and I am back to "You must update the system software".

Seems to me that QCMA is not properly blocking the update request anymore.

And don't be scared.

I typed S C R E W E D and it decided that needed to be censored.
Advertising
#401707 by Taronish3
Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:56 am
Hey did u restart vita via recovery restart first.
Advertising
#401708 by Aroth
Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:57 am
Taronish3 wrote:Hey did u restart vita via recovery restart first.

Yes. Several times. In fact airplane mode has been enabled and wifi disabled for the last 3+ hours.

I will try it again though.

I did notice that for the last month or two every "working" method to bypass the update check with QCMA involved using VitaUpdateBlocker which no longer works.
#401709 by Aroth
Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:00 am
Aroth wrote:
Taronish3 wrote:Hey did u restart vita via recovery restart first.

Yes. Several times. In fact airplane mode has been enabled and wifi disabled for the last 3+ hours.

I will try it again though.

I did notice that for the last month or two every "working" method to bypass the update check with QCMA involved using VitaUpdateBlocker which no longer works.

Turned of the vita and booted into recovery. Restarted from inside recovery.

As soon as I try to connect with the CMA app... "You must update the system software of this system."

I am telling you that QCMA does not block the update anymore. That is the only reasonable take away from this.

>_>

<_<

I figured it out.

Back when I was initially having trouble getting it to connect to the pc one of the things I saw was that 3.5x needed a custom protocol version of 2000010 so I set it to that and suddently it was connecting via usb, but getting the update message.

On a whim I just changed it back to "Latest" to see what would happen and now it works and doesn't prompt to update.

Thanks for trying to help, even if it turned out to be a Type-10 error in the end.
Last edited by Aroth on Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
#401713 by Aroth
Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:09 am
Taronish3 wrote:Hey is there an update file in your notification tab in vita do delete and disable auto download update in system setting.

Nope, turns out it was a setting I had fiddled with in QCMA early in the afternoon when I was having problems getting it the vita to see the computer at all.
#402862 by codestation
Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:45 pm
nyx wrote:Will the PPA ever be updated for Wily?
It's been dead since March.

Done, there is a ppa for Wily now.

Released 0.3.10, this is a maintenance-only release with very few features:

+ Sort game entries alphabetically on the Vita side.
+ Fixed bug where users from some countries couldn't connect to qcma since the update xml provided wasn't valid for them.
+ Changed dbus support for unix signals on qcma_cli (linux only)
+ Added support for Ubuntu Wily, Fedora 23 and Debian Jessie.
- Removed support for Ubuntu utopic and vivid, Fedora 22 and Debian wheezy.

Warning: Some users (me included) reports that full backup restores fails sometimes on FW 3.51 (but works OK on 3.55). This seems a bug on the firmware itself since it happens too with the official Sony CMA. Not sure if this affects < 3.51. Individual game backup restores seems to work fine.

----

From now i won't be including new features and will be only be fixing some bugs on Qcma since i lack the time to deal with this project. Also i started the Qcma2 project some months ago so hopefully i can bring proper android support, multi account and remove the need for database reescans. There is no ETA for this one since i work on it on my free time.
#402882 by rodpin
Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:30 pm
codestation wrote:
nyx wrote:Will the PPA ever be updated for Wily?
It's been dead since March.

Done, there is a ppa for Wily now.

Released 0.3.10, this is a maintenance-only release with very few features:

+ Sort game entries alphabetically on the Vita side.
+ Fixed bug where users from some countries couldn't connect to qcma since the update xml provided wasn't valid for them.
+ Changed dbus support for unix signals on qcma_cli (linux only)
+ Added support for Ubuntu Wily, Fedora 23 and Debian Jessie.
- Removed support for Ubuntu utopic and vivid, Fedora 22 and Debian wheezy.

Warning: Some users (me included) reports that full backup restores fails sometimes on FW 3.51 (but works OK on 3.55). This seems a bug on the firmware itself since it happens too with the official Sony CMA. Not sure if this affects < 3.51. Individual game backup restores seems to work fine.

----

From now i won't be including new features and will be only be fixing some bugs on Qcma since i lack the time to deal with this project. Also i started the Qcma2 project some months ago so hopefully i can bring proper android support, multi account and remove the need for database reescans. There is no ETA for this one since i work on it on my free time.

Finally! Now I'll be updating to Wily! Thanks a lot codestation! And again, thanks for your nice work (not forgeting about the others, of course!).