Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[UPDATED 6.12.2015] VitaShell 0.3

Submit here your entries for the Revitalize Competition. Deadline is September 30th.
Rules can be found here: http://wololo.net/revitalize/
Santaros

Re: VitaShell 0.1

Post by Santaros »

TheFloW wrote:I am going to add a feature to sign PSP homebrews in the next release.
Do you mean to PSP or Vita standards? The file szczuru is talking about is created by the Vita once you legitimately install an PSP game.
Advertising
szczuru

Post by szczuru »

I'm thinking TheFlow is talking about signing eboot.bin or *.prx files for psp games. (It's like signing elf file to eboot.bin in ps3).

@TheFloW, Feature request ;) Is there any way to add vita Pkg unpacker to Vitashell? (with PSPAes key).
Advertising
luck

Post by luck »

is there any possibility in the future to add usb support?
TheFloW
Guru

Post by TheFloW »

While I am exploring the vita modules I think that it might be possible to add usb support. People who are interested in this task should PM me. PKG installer might be hard though.
Also, I have finished the psp homebrew signer feature. Typhoon_Neon and me are currently testing it. You can expect a release soon.
Santaros

Post by Santaros »

luck wrote:is there any possibility in the future to add usb support?
How do you mean this? I assume as in transferring files via USB. You already can do this, just hit triangle copy the file and paste it into a PSP save, the copy it to the PC via QCMA. On a side note, you can transfer PSP saves to the Vita regardless of whether you have the game or not, I dumped all my old saves on it for the heck of it. They are stored in "PS Vita/PSAVEDATA/[Your ID]/" folder.
RepeatingDigits

Post by RepeatingDigits »

When can we expect an update for this homebrew? I'm really excited about all the new stuff.
Typhoon_Neon

Post by Typhoon_Neon »

RepeatingDigits wrote:When can we expect an update for this homebrew? I'm really excited about all the new stuff.
It's in the works, don't worry. I can't give you a an ETA but I can tell you the next version is going to have a few upgrades (one was suggested by me :D). TheFloW is working on it steadily but remember some people have RL jobs so they can't update as often as they'd like.
If you like my articles on the front page you can always check out the archive check out the archive and I have a Twitter too!
TheFloW
Guru

Post by TheFloW »

Good that you asked ;)

Here it is!!!
Changelog 0.2:
- Added ability to sign PSP homebrews.
- Added sleep prevention when using FTP, deleting and copying files.
- Added a scrollbar.
- Added date and time to info bar.
- Added correct enter and cancel buttons assignment.
- Added some cosmetic changes.
- Fixed crash when deleting marked entries.
- Copied entries now still rest in clipboard after pasting them.
- The application now cleans itself before launching homebrews.
Download 0.2

There are 3 steps to create a PSP homebrew bubble:
1) Go to your desired homebrew folder at /PSP/GAME/ where there's the EBOOT.PBP. Press X on this file. If it isn't signable, you'll get the 'Cannot sign this file' or 'Error 0xFFFFFFFE' error. If you have successfully signed the file, a PBOOT.PBP should have been created and EBOOT.PBP renamed to EBOOT_ORI.PBP.
2) Copy any EBOOT.PBP and __sce_ebootpbp file to the current folder.
3) Rebuild database and enjoy.

The compatibility is low, because the homebrews that can be created will be launched from the PS Vita without ANY additional loaders like VHBL, TN-V or ARK. For example static elf's are not supported by original PSP loader.

Compatible homebrews are for example in this list (although those file are signed EBOOT.PBP - not signed PBOOT.PBP, therefore they can't be signed again. So you have to find the unsigned versions of these homebrews):
http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showth ... ?tid=25707

- This method has been reversed from 'Vita Bubble Blower'.
Typhoon_Neon

Re: [UPDATED 17.11.2015] VitaShell 0.2

Post by Typhoon_Neon »

I created a Bubble Compatibility List here:

viewtopic.php?f=113&t=44959
If you like my articles on the front page you can always check out the archive check out the archive and I have a Twitter too!
Santaros

Post by Santaros »

TheFloW wrote:

There are 3 steps to create a PSP homebrew bubble:
1) Go to your desired homebrew folder at /PSP/GAME/ where there's the EBOOT.PBP. Press X on this file. If it isn't signable, you'll get the 'Cannot sign this file' or 'Error 0xFFFFFFFE' error. If you have successfully signed the file, a PBOOT.PBP should have been created and EBOOT.PBP renamed to EBOOT_ORI.PBP.
2) Copy any EBOOT.PBP and __sce_ebootpbp file to the current folder.
3) Rebuild database and enjoy.
As I understand it step 3 isn't entirely true, you can copy it across to your PC, delete the original and then copy it back. I would prefer to avoid rebuilding the database wherever possible ;).

I gave this a shot via the Japanese Patapon 3 Demo which doesn't contain DRM and can be installed through the Package Installer [viewtopic.php?t=38342]. Unfortunately while installing this way does create the sce_ebootpbp file, it doesn't create the necessary rif file [It appears this comes from Sony] and doesn't work.

Return to “Revitalize Competition”