Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Rejuvenate FW 3.55

The PlayStation Mobile SDK and Unity for PlayStation Mobile can be downloaded here: http://www.playstation.com/psm/
John Dupe

Rejuvenate FW 3.55

Post by John Dupe »

I've noticed that there is still a PSM runtime on my newly updated 3.55 Vita. I downloaded the 1.00 version and it is now installed. Maybe there is another way into the PSM Dev Assistants?

All answers are appreciated. Thanks
Advertising
Last edited by John Dupe on Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stuff I've done:
libvita3d
HarmfulMushroom

Re: Rejuvenate FW 3.55

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/ ... p/45023971
Advertising
John Dupe

Post by John Dupe »

So we need to get the Vita to crash with a PSM game, and exploit it?
Stuff I've done:
libvita3d
OperationNT

Post by OperationNT »

Rejuvenate is based on a flaw inside the "PSM Dev Assistant" (and "PSM Dev Assistant for Unity") debugging functionality. If the PSM game is not started through one of those applications, you won't be able to start Rejuvenate: a crash outside those applications sandboxes won't allow you to attach any debugging tool.
And those 2 applications are "blacklisted" once you are on FW 3.52.

Sorry but currently, you cannot run any native homebrew through Rejuvenate.
John Dupe

Post by John Dupe »

OperationNT wrote:Rejuvenate is based on a flaw inside the "PSM Dev Assistant" (and "PSM Dev Assistant for Unity") debugging functionality. If the PSM game is not started through one of those applications, you won't be able to start Rejuvenate: a crash outside those applications sandboxes won't allow you to attach any debugging tool.
And those 2 applications are "blacklisted" once you are on FW 3.52.

Sorry but currently, you cannot run any native homebrew through Rejuvenate.
can we just use the e-mail trick to un-blacklist it? (similar to PSTV whitelist remover?)
Stuff I've done:
libvita3d
OperationNT

Post by OperationNT »

We don't know currently how this application is blacklisted. But it is probably in an encrypted file on a read only partition (like "vs0").
Kration!

Post by Kration! »

Please, tell me how you installed PSM ( I am stuck on 3.52 but with TN-V11 8-) )
John Dupe

Post by John Dupe »

Kration! wrote:Please, tell me how you installed PSM ( I am stuck on 3.52 but with TN-V11 8-) )
I went into settings, scrolled to system, and clicked PlayStation Mobile, pressed the little bubble at the bottom-right hand side of the screen and selected 'update' then cancelled the download for the newest version.

I already had PSM Dev Assistant For Unity when I updated. can't help you there. (although the method might work)
Stuff I've done:
libvita3d
Kration!

Post by Kration! »

John Dupe wrote:
Kration! wrote:Please, tell me how you installed PSM ( I am stuck on 3.52 but with TN-V11 8-) )
I went into settings, scrolled to system, and clicked PlayStation Mobile, pressed the little bubble at the bottom-right hand side of the screen and selected 'update' then cancelled the download for the newest version.

I already had PSM Dev Assistant For Unity when I updated. can't help you there. (although the method might work)
Its downloading PSM RunTime, can I know on which specific firmware you installed PSM Dev app. Was it on 3.52 or below?
Attachments
2015-11-29-145312.jpg
2015-11-29-145312.jpg (76.9 KiB) Viewed 14086 times
luck

Post by luck »

you will not be able to use rejuvenate on 3.55.
rejuvenate does not need psm runtime, because psm runtime only runs the final app

psm/unity assistant are debuggers, it s quite different.

Return to “PSM & PSM Unity”