Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Help Vita TV OFW 3.35 What are my options

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
ROOKI3

Help Vita TV OFW 3.35 What are my options

Post by ROOKI3 »

first of all i've been away from the hacking seen for over a year. I just bought my vita tv and would like to run emulators and play my psp/ps1 on my vita tv. what are my best options? i don't have a ps3 anymore (well i do have a cfw ps3) and a ps4 but i know you can't download vita games to a ps4. what about to a pc? I would like to download the games that i bought when i did have a regular vita but sold it and got a 3ds.
thanks in advance for all the tips
Advertising
GothicIII

Re: Help Vita TV OFW 3.35 What are my options

Post by GothicIII »

Its pretty clear what you can do.
The rejunivate hack is compatible, so you can install PlayStation Mobile homebrew.

To run any hack to play PSP/PSX ISOs you need at least one ARK-CFW-compatible PSP-Game which you need to buy digitally. To install that you are required to have a OFW PS3. At least if you are on <=3.51. You can't install Games/Apps with CMA on PC. You can only backup and restore those.

EDIT2: Sony blocked access already! This won't work anymore
If you don't care about the rejunivate hack, you can upgrade to fw3.52 (Please search for a tutorial first. You need a Proxyserver to redirect the vita-updatefile locally) and access the psn-store through a proxy server and buy&install a ARK-Compatible PSP-game. Mind though, the possibility to access the psn-store with fw3.52 won't be working in around a week or so because sony will patch it (they alway do that)

So:
1. fw3.35-fw3.51 You can install rejunivate
2. fw3.35-fw3.52 You can buy/install a PSP-Game through PS3, thus making ARK-CFW work
3. fw3.52 You can access PSN-Store (through a proxy) and buy/install a PSP-Game, making ARK-CFW work

Remember: Don't install fw3.55 or your options will vanish.

EDIT: I did't read that you have a PSTV. ARK-CFW with the new custom-bubbles hack doesn't work at the moment on 3.5x firmware. It exits with "application not supported". But I'm sure it will work soon, so no worries here.
Advertising

Return to “Support”