Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSP-Installer - Write to /PSP/GAME/ on all firmwares

Open discussions on programming specifically for the PS Vita.
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
nokel

Re: PSP-Installer - Write to /PSP/GAME/ on all firmwares

Post by nokel »

ok, so please forgive me because I can be a massive nub and trying to hack the vita is significantly harder (or requires more hoops to jump through) than literally anything else I've tried to hack... I followed the tutorial to a "T", and the best I've been able to do is delete my psp games without deleting the bubbles... I'm pretty sure I did everything right, so why did the vhbl not install? or, if it did, where did it install?

the following picture is how the folders are set out and what's inside...

EDIT: Ok, so it seems like it did actually work, but I still don't have a bubble on my home screen, is this because we have to make our own bubbles for it?

Advertising
quetz

Post by quetz »

I'd like to give this a try, but i'm gonna wait a accurate procedure to run VHBL ;) And to set up a proper bubble for launching it.
Advertising
deathblade200

Post by deathblade200 »

SMOKE wrote:
falaschi wrote:Thanks smoke! I hava a question. With this i can play my psp backup (iso)? I'm on 3.51 and dont have any psp game exploit.
Thanks in advance!
I dunno I haven't messed with ePSP stuff in a while (since 3.18) so I don't know what all is possible on latest firmwares.
Xana wrote:May I ask how you created the pdb files, or is that supposed to be hush-hush?
The files are there, anyone can hex edit the paths to install things anywhere on ux0

man not to sound like a d.ick but don't you think you should have actually tested it first to give us proper methods on how to install stuff such as iso/cso instead of pretty much going ok here you go tough s.hit figure it out for yourself? are we suppose to fake sign the iso/cso to make it an eboot? and would that even work

EDIT: email says "this file is not compatible with your system" idk if thats the message you meant but then you went on saying "Once you have installed both files, reboot your Vita." what files? I sent using thunderbird
shinenyuri

Post by shinenyuri »

I know I might just be stupid asking this. But I don't have any app that needs an update and I'm in Rejuvenate atm.

Anyway, that's not the problem, the problem is I actually have an app that needs update. That would be both PSM Devs, but even though they ask update they won't show it in Live Area so I cannot use this trick.

I did read a comment saying something about Netflix, I dunno about that, been unactive for a while. Can anyone explain it to me? Or if not, just direct me to where that is written.
deathblade200

Post by deathblade200 »

shinenyuri wrote:I know I might just be stupid asking this. But I don't have any app that needs an update and I'm in Rejuvenate atm.

Anyway, that's not the problem, the problem is I actually have an app that needs update. That would be both PSM Devs, but even though they ask update they won't show it in Live Area so I cannot use this trick.

I did read a comment saying something about Netflix, I dunno about that, been unactive for a while. Can anyone explain it to me? Or if not, just direct me to where that is written.

using cma find a game that previously updated and delete its "patch" folder then when you move it back onto your vita it will update again
jazneo

Post by jazneo »

this is the error i getting not the image error you said

deathblade200

Post by deathblade200 »

jazneo wrote:this is the error i getting not the image error you said

yep exact error I mentioned in my post I've tried both outlook and thunderbird
xXDarkCodeXx

Post by xXDarkCodeXx »

deathblade200 wrote:
jazneo wrote:this is the error i getting not the image error you said

yep exact error I mentioned in my post I've tried both outlook and thunderbird
Me too.
SMOKE help us, please
I'm sorry for my bad english but i'm italian and my keyboard sux.
cheeyee09

Post by cheeyee09 »

The following warning should be in BIG RED fonts. I tried this and all my games/custom bubbles got deleted. Even then, no bubble created for the EBOOT.PBP. I think the tutorial should be explained how the EBOOT.PBP should be created and probably show display of the end result.

WARNING: This wipes out your GAME folder! Make backups before using this!
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

Of course I tested it.. It works fine. It's not my fault some people can't follow basic instructions.

I shouldn't have even released this. With the recent developments, people don't know what's possible and what's not anymore. I understand all the recent news is confusing to everyone.

EDIT:
Updated the thread with some screenshots. Maybe now it'll make more sense

Return to “Programming and Security”