Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[WIP] Snes9xNextVITA - Port of Snes9x for Rejuvenate

Rejuvenate is a native homebrew platform for PS Vita. Read more about Rejuvenate here.
broody

Re: [WIP] Snes9xNextVITA - Port of Snes9x for Rejuvenate

Post by broody »

This is great I managed to run it. What is the planed mechanism to end emulation? Touching the screen?
Advertising
awes

Post by awes »

broody wrote:This is great I managed to run it. What is the planed mechanism to end emulation? Touching the screen?
press "up"+"L-trigger"+"R-Trigger"+"Triangle"
Advertising
broody

Post by broody »

Oh thanks!
drd7of14

Post by drd7of14 »

Pretty sweet, I've been watching your awesome development, but I do have a question. This may come further down the line, but do you plan on incorporating a 2 player local multiplayer mode? Be that the PSTV supports up to 4 controllers, it would be a perfect system for it. Obviously ADHOC for the VITA is a bit more tricky, but is it in your plans to go about giving a legitimate reason to use a PSTV?

Thanks for all the hard work man! This is shaping up so fast, and it is just as exciting as the early PSP days. Woohoolo! :D
skogaby

Post by skogaby »

drd7of14 wrote:Pretty sweet, I've been watching your awesome development, but I do have a question. This may come further down the line, but do you plan on incorporating a 2 player local multiplayer mode? Be that the PSTV supports up to 4 controllers, it would be a perfect system for it. Obviously ADHOC for the VITA is a bit more tricky, but is it in your plans to go about giving a legitimate reason to use a PSTV?

Thanks for all the hard work man! This is shaping up so fast, and it is just as exciting as the early PSP days. Woohoolo! :D
That's probably something that somebody else would need to do. I only have a single Vita, and I don't have a PSTV. Just the launch-day system. It is open source, though... :)

As far as current development: since the Vita's performance is less-than-stellar under Rejuvenate and SNES9x is single-threaded for obvious reasons, I've been working the last week or two on porting SNES9x 1.43 to the Vita. Up until now, my work has been based on 1.52. Going back to 1.43 will likely introduce glitches in certain games, but should hopefully give a nice bump in speed.
Cody826

Post by Cody826 »

skogaby wrote:
drd7of14 wrote:Pretty sweet, I've been watching your awesome development, but I do have a question. This may come further down the line, but do you plan on incorporating a 2 player local multiplayer mode? Be that the PSTV supports up to 4 controllers, it would be a perfect system for it. Obviously ADHOC for the VITA is a bit more tricky, but is it in your plans to go about giving a legitimate reason to use a PSTV?

That's probably something that somebody else would need to do. I only have a single Vita, and I don't have a PSTV. Just the launch-day system. It is open source, though... :)

As far as current development: since the Vita's performance is less-than-stellar under Rejuvenate and SNES9x is single-threaded for obvious reasons, I've been working the last week or two on porting SNES9x 1.43 to the Vita. Up until now, my work has been based on 1.52. Going back to 1.43 will likely introduce glitches in certain games, but should hopefully give a nice bump in speed.
How do I view FPS on snes9x_next_vita_fixup_20150808? The 5 finger press isn't working. Also can we have full screen compatibility?
broody

Post by broody »

skogaby wrote:
drd7of14 wrote: As far as current development: since the Vita's performance is less-than-stellar under Rejuvenate and SNES9x is single-threaded for obvious reasons.
thats a shame I thought that Rejuvenate had access to all the Vita's power.
Poller77

Post by Poller77 »

Is there anywhere i can read updates on this emulator?

Return to “Rejuvenate”