Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[WIP] Snes9x 1.43 port - CATSFC-libretro-vita

Rejuvenate is a native homebrew platform for PS Vita. Read more about Rejuvenate here.
ordi

Re: [WIP] Snes9x 1.43 port - CATSFC-libretro-vita

Post by ordi »

Wow, this is great! Thanks a lot for this port, skogaby!

I've tested Secret of Mana and Secret of Evermore so far and besides some sound stuttering, both games run almost perfectly! Secret of Mana is running at about 52-58fps (depending on the area you're in) and Secret of Evermore seems to consistently run at 60fps.
Advertising
exsinner

Post by exsinner »

Some rom have problems like Super Mario All Star, you cant move after you select your game.
Advertising
Poller77

Post by Poller77 »

Glorious 60 fps on mario rpg, but black screen after intro.
EchoDev

Post by EchoDev »

I have a new version of this emu. It has been patched to use 444Mhz using PSM Unity. I get 70 to 200fps on Super Mario World 2 - Yoshi's Island.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share the file so I will not post it. It probably is not too usefull because the games are not limited to 60fps and it pretty much speeds up all games it is running, so some games work at like 2 or 3 times the normal speed. :lol:
pablovita

Post by pablovita »

If you have an improved version, please do share. All the other devs have posted mediafire links in the topics, so that should be no problem! Also skogaby might be motivated to implement a frame limiter if this improved version works so well :-)
skogaby

Post by skogaby »

I thought I already implemented a frame limiter. I'll have to revisit that.

And I mean, *I* personally don't care if you share it. But 444MHz ELFs are useless right now without the accompanying UVLoader, and I don't feel right posting UVLoaders I've gleaned from #vitadev, those aren't "public" as far as I know.
EchoDev

Post by EchoDev »

skogaby wrote:I thought I already implemented a frame limiter. I'll have to revisit that.

And I mean, *I* personally don't care if you share it. But 444MHz ELFs are useless right now without the accompanying UVLoader, and I don't feel right posting UVLoaders I've gleaned from #vitadev, those aren't "public" as far as I know.
Yeah I thought so. Thats why I hesitated to post the 444Mhz version. It is better to wait for the other devs to post the uvloader to public.
rage519

Post by rage519 »

I have a couple questions regarding this port versus the previous port of snes9xvita.

My first question is, are you stopping development of snes9xvita for this since you said your getting better speed results with this port of the older version of snes9x?

My second question is, do you think it would be possible to ever get your initial port of snes9xvita up to full-speed for games? I ask this because from what I've read the later version of snes9x v1.52 supports more accurate audio emulation as well as better compatibility.
reprep

Post by reprep »

EchoDev wrote:
skogaby wrote:I thought I already implemented a frame limiter. I'll have to revisit that.

Yeah I thought so. Thats why I hesitated to post the 444Mhz version. It is better to wait for the other devs to post the uvloader to public.
as the 444 mhz version (0.3.3) is released, can you post it now? http://yifan.lu/p/rejuvenate/
EchoDev

Post by EchoDev »

reprep wrote:
EchoDev wrote:

as the 444 mhz version (0.3.3) is released, can you post it now? http://yifan.lu/p/rejuvenate/
I just tested the 0.3.3 beta but it does not seem to get the fps I'm getting with the uvloader I have at the moment.

Here is the patched version but I must say it does seem to underperform compared to the files I have.

https://mega.nz/#!v5BziLBJ!xzsLc4Eg-YBM ... JwuWmVGsPA

For reference
.ELF MD5 = E4E7A06762801EBDA22C3BB6BB614E7A

Return to “Rejuvenate”