Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Cannot install vitadefilerunity client.

Rejuvenate is a native homebrew platform for PS Vita. Read more about Rejuvenate here.
n1tr0sox1d3

Cannot install vitadefilerunity client.

Post by n1tr0sox1d3 »

Hi all,
Managed to install rejuvenate under 3.51. Once setup.bat is completed it asks you to run run_package_install_unity.bat, however when I do this is says cannot find package file even though VitaDefilerUnity.exe is in same location. I get the same message if I launch run_package_install_unity.bat in vitadefilerfolder.

At this point I simply cant go any further until Vita Defiler Unity is installed.

Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

P.S When I edit run_package_install_unity.bat there is a line that points to VitaDefilerClient.psdp -install. This .psdp file is not on my desktop. Is this file something that's contained within VitaDefilerUnity.exe
Advertising
awes

Re: Cannot install vitadefilerunity client.

Post by awes »

I'm having the same issue.
Even when I drag the VitaDefilerUnity.exe directly into the run_package_install.bat it says "can't find package file".
Advertising
mummysboy

Post by mummysboy »

Same situation as me.

Its nice to see the instructions are as clear as mud.

So as always i am now looking for a "state the obvious" pre requiste and starting from scratch (Again)

-EDIT-

When running the SETUP.BAT again i noticed that it "cant find appkey" when trying to install defiler client, but unity is showing i imported my PSM+ keys correctly.

Any Ideas?
awes

Post by awes »

I have the "can't find appkey" error too.
but the setup just continues as if that's no big deal.
nevertheless, I wouldn't have much of a clue on how to change it.
mummysboy

Post by mummysboy »

Ok,

Must be some wierd admin rights/permissions thing going on.

SOLVED FOR ME - DO THIS AT OWN RISK - I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS!!!

1. Follow every single guide on the internet to the letter (they all say the same thing dont panic)
2. IF you get the cant find appkey error............
3. press WINDOWS KEY & R to get the run dialog box
4. paste in this : %APPDATA%\SCE\PSM Publishing Utility\
5. Explore the 4 folders and copy the following 4 files: the device.seed , _PSM_DEFAULT_.khapp , kdev.p12 , thedevice.ktapp INTO your rejuvenatefolder\support\

This should allow for your PSMSigner function to now work and allow for the dang script to finish correctly.

Hopefully i have helped someone.
awes

Post by awes »

thank you very much, but this didn't change anything for me.
But there indeed seems to be some kind of admin-rights problem that doesn't make any sense:
when I am running the setup.bat as admin it suddenly doesn't find the PSMToolSetForUnity_.......exe anymore. For making sure I even copied it into any subfolder too.
when I run it normally, not as admin, it runs, yet with the "doesn't find key " problem.
mummysboy

Post by mummysboy »

I ran the SETUP.BAT as a 'user'

If you are still getting the appkey not found error a file must have been missed. The 4 files I moved into the support folder are the keys it needs (they have to be added into unity program first though)

If it can't find the exe when running as admin - try right clicking the exe and checking the run as admin always in the file properties.

If it helps I managed it on win7 x64.

I have very limited knowledge on this hack but I will try and help out buddy. (It doesn't get easier when actually trying to run homebrew lol)
corbin92

Post by corbin92 »

I'm getting the error about the package not being found on Windows 10. Ever since I upgraded to Win10, I'm unable to connect my Vita to any PSM-related tool. Whenever I open any Publishing Utility with my vita plugged in, whether it be for Unity or PSM Studio, the PSMDevice executable always crashes, so it won't detect my Vita. I tried running it on a Win7 Virtual Box and I got the same error.

I get a new laptop in a few days for college, so I'll try it on that and see how it works.
I exist only to show that I once existed; A Vagrant Soul with a story to tell.
~Me
PSN ID: CorbinR92
Systems Owned
PSP-1001
PS Vita Slim - 3.36 w/TN-V
PS3 (Shared with Family)
Contact Info/Websites
Tumblr
Facebook
Twitter
KIK: CorbinR92
n1tr0sox1d3

Post by n1tr0sox1d3 »

I too couldn't run publishing utility. It would crash when going to key tab. On windows 8.

I have another laptop with windows 8 again x64. The good news is publishing utility works on that. Go figure!?!?
Chris.beanz

Post by Chris.beanz »

n1tr0sox1d3 wrote: P.S When I edit run_package_install_unity.bat there is a line that points to VitaDefilerClient.psdp -install. This .psdp file is not on my desktop. Is this file something that's contained within VitaDefilerUnity.exe
I was finally able to get past this step, I used the VitaDefilerClient.psdp included in the Rejuvenate0.2.1 beta files that I already had installed. It installed VitaDefilerClient and it's finally showingup on my Vita but crashes when I try to run. Possibly the .psdp file isoutdated?
My PSN Profile
My Devices
PS Vita 1001 Wi-Fi 3.60 w/ Henkaku exploit
PS Vita 1001 Wi-Fi 3.61 OFW
PSP 1001 w/ 6.60 ME 1.8

Return to “Rejuvenate”