Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[List] Native Homebrew & Emulators for PSVita

Rejuvenate is a native homebrew platform for PS Vita. Read more about Rejuvenate here.
Show

Re: [List] Native Homebrew & Emulators for PSVita

Post by Show »

Come oooon Bookr. That's the kick in the teeth I need to get this Rejuvenate business going.

Super work all the people doing stuff for the scene!
Advertising
b2p1mp

Post by b2p1mp »

ScummVM developers may be willing to port to Rejuvenate. They seem to do lots of projects. I would love ScummVM
Advertising
Twenty Minutes Into the Future
Warft

Post by Warft »

Very thanks to Wololo for post this in the HOME!
:D :D

And list updated with an upcoming MSX Emulator
Ramazzini

Post by Ramazzini »

skogaby

Post by skogaby »

Ramazzini wrote:Someone is working on a n64 port https://mobile.twitter.com/Omega2058/st ... 130560?p=v
...I wouldn't count on that being successful, at least not in the near future. Under the current version of Rejuvenate, I think we have less system resources available than the PSP had. I don't think it's as powerful as ePSP at this point.
Xana

Post by Xana »

skogaby wrote:
Ramazzini wrote:Someone is working on a n64 port https://mobile.twitter.com/Omega2058/st ... 130560?p=v
...I wouldn't count on that being successful, at least not in the near future. Under the current version of Rejuvenate, I think we have less system resources available than the PSP had. I don't think it's as powerful as ePSP at this point.
yifanlu wrote:What kind of homebrews will we see? Is it any better than PSP homebrew?

This depends on how many developers are willing to invest time in writing homebrew for the Vita. I’m as hopeful as you are. In terms of pure statistics, the PSP-3000 has 64MB of shared memory, 333MHz CPU, and 166MHz GPU. The Vita has 512MB of main memory and 128MB of dedicated video RAM. It has four cores of CPU running at around ~1GHz and four cores of GPU running at around ~200MHz. In addition, the Vita also has the entire PSP hardware inside its silicon.

The exploit used also allow for developers to use dynamic-recompilation features for speeding up emulators.
skogaby

Post by skogaby »

Xana wrote:
skogaby wrote:
yifanlu wrote:What kind of homebrews will we see? Is it any better than PSP homebrew?

This depends on how many developers are willing to invest time in writing homebrew for the Vita. I’m as hopeful as you are. In terms of pure statistics, the PSP-3000 has 64MB of shared memory, 333MHz CPU, and 166MHz GPU. The Vita has 512MB of main memory and 128MB of dedicated video RAM. It has four cores of CPU running at around ~1GHz and four cores of GPU running at around ~200MHz. In addition, the Vita also has the entire PSP hardware inside its silicon.

The exploit used also allow for developers to use dynamic-recompilation features for speeding up emulators.
I'm aware of what yifanlu's original article said. But myself and several others have confirmed that at least for RAM, we only have about 12MB to work with right now with the current version of rejuvenate. I don't know how much CPU resource we have, but it's certainly not the full power of the Vita's hardware.
Omega2058
Developer

Post by Omega2058 »

Good to know that its been confirmed, I guess I would've been wasting time in the end. :|
Lucif3r

Post by Lucif3r »

skogaby wrote:But myself and several others have confirmed that at least for RAM, we only have about 12MB to work with right now with the current version of rejuvenate. I don't know how much CPU resource we have, but it's certainly not the full power of the Vita's hardware.

What, really? Weird... Lets hope that can fixed soon then :geek:

Hows the SNES emu coming along btw? :)
endrift
Guru

Post by endrift »

skogaby wrote:I'm aware of what yifanlu's original article said. But myself and several others have confirmed that at least for RAM, we only have about 12MB to work with right now with the current version of rejuvenate. I don't know how much CPU resource we have, but it's certainly not the full power of the Vita's hardware.
Strange, then why does mGBA seem to work with 32MB ROMs? Looking at the source, it allocates a full 32MB block and that allocation doesn't appear to fail.

Also yeah, the CPU is super dreadful at the moment. It's way more underclocked than I expected.

Return to “Rejuvenate”