Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

3DS on PS Vita?

John Dupe

3DS on PS Vita?

Post by John Dupe »

Would it be possible to run 3DS software games because both the PS Vita and the *new* 3DS both have arm9 processors? or because of the 3DS' 3D graphics chip this won't be possible? Or is it 2 different architectures altogether? can someone please help because it would be nice to have the 3DS' vast game library on top of the Vita's form/power.

(Please don't tell me to get a 3DS because I just got rid of $500 of 3DS games and a 3DS in order to get the Vita)
Advertising
Stuff I've done:
libvita3d
corbin92

Re: 3DS on PS Vita?

Post by corbin92 »

I'm just gonna throw this out there. I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but I don't believe it to be possible.

Emulators for the 3DS on a PC are only recently getting a breakthrough from what I've been reading (although they've been out for a while, they only recently had a certain commercial ROM run, not saying which one), so I doubt there's a possibility of porting said emulator to any system anytime soon.
Advertising
Last edited by corbin92 on Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
I exist only to show that I once existed; A Vagrant Soul with a story to tell.
~Me
PSN ID: CorbinR92
Systems Owned
PSP-1001
PS Vita Slim - 3.36 w/TN-V
PS3 (Shared with Family)
Contact Info/Websites
Tumblr
Facebook
Twitter
KIK: CorbinR92
UnLuck3R

Post by UnLuck3R »

3D isnt problem
like 2DS
but i think that need to wait PSV got more hacks.
I think need PSV and 3DS both got fully hack and it will be possible
and Yo. whan the day coming. PSV can emu 3DS but 3DS cant emu PSV
Black PSP-1007|6.60ME
Black PSVita 1007 Wifi/3G|3.65 HENkaku Enso

CSPSP1.92+(c1)
SaltySticks

Post by SaltySticks »

UnLuck3R wrote:3D isnt problem
like 2DS
I'm sorry, but that is 'broken' logic.

What do you mean the PSV gets more hacks?
No one is hacking the Vita, but people are exploiting it, by that it means people such as Yifan lu have exploited a problem that the Vita has with handling certain code to redirect it to home written code rather than than the PSM app which would give an error and nothing else. The PsV will not be fully 'hacked' any time soon, all we have, is userland access, heck, think of how many exploits came out for the Ps3, and it is still not fully 'hacked' as there is no bootloader access. This exploit is the begginging of something really long, and after a while, maybe we'll have kernel access, even then we won't be able to do certain things. We do have more power than the PSP, but right now, without many developers making/porting applications to it, we have nothing to do.

At the end of the day, you'll be waiting a long time for the vita to be fully exploited.
Also, no, the 3ds won't run on the PsVita any time soon, if ever.
MooMooMan

Post by MooMooMan »

SaltySticks wrote:
UnLuck3R wrote:3D isnt problem
like 2DS
I'm sorry, but that is 'broken' logic.

What do you mean the PSV gets more hacks?
No one is hacking the Vita, but people are exploiting it, by that it means people such as Yifan lu have exploited a problem that the Vita has with handling certain code to redirect it to home written code rather than than the PSM app which would give an error and nothing else. The PsV will not be fully 'hacked' any time soon, all we have, is userland access, heck, think of how many exploits came out for the Ps3, and it is still not fully 'hacked' as there is no bootloader access. This exploit is the begginging of something really long, and after a while, maybe we'll have kernel access, even then we won't be able to do certain things. We do have more power than the PSP, but right now, without many developers making/porting applications to it, we have nothing to do.

At the end of the day, you'll be waiting a long time for the vita to be fully exploited.
Also, no, the 3ds won't run on the PsVita any time soon, if ever.
Although a 3DS compatibility layer is very feasible. Same CPU architecture, 3DS has much slow CPU clock, very low RAM and vRAM. The only emulation that would need to be done, if at all, would be for the GPU of the 3DS. Since the Vita HAS a full speed of 2GHZ, it would be entirely possible, but not anytime soon.

And before anybody tries to say stupid *** like "Vita only does 1GHZ", I looked up the exact model of the Vita's CPU on ARM's website and they state specifically a top clockspeed of no less than 2GHZ... Hopefully it was underclocked for battery life concerns and not overheating concerns.. Anyways, it could be very possible. (as far as I can tell)
Ps Vita 1000 3.60 HenKaku
PSP 3000 03g 6.20 LME 2.3 Perm (Black)
PSP 3000 03g 6.20 LME 2.3 Perm (Silver)
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

While I do agree that some level of 3DS emulation is possible(in the future) I will have to say yet again that clock speed does not an emulator make.
You are right about it topping out at 2GHz tho.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
MooMooMan

Post by MooMooMan »

fate6 wrote:While I do agree that some level of 3DS emulation is possible(in the future) I will have to say yet again that clock speed does not an emulator make.
You are right about it topping out at 2GHz tho.
Actually, wouldn't it be easier to run 3DS games on a Vita than a PC? Much less emulation is required, as far as I know all you would need to emulate is the 3DS GPU, which is probably slow as **** (citation needed lol). CPU has same architecture as far as I know, same instructions and what not. So It could be done, maybe there is more to it, I have no clue, but on paper, this seems very very feasible. And since the Vita CPU is much much faster, it may be able to compensate for the needed emulation of the GPU, thus may even reach full 3DS speeds without too much trouble.

I dream of a future with Super Smash Bros on my Vita, dunno about you guys. :)

**EDIT**
Could you imagine how much trouble the 3DS would be in if the Vita had a fully functional 3DS emulator, oh my god 3DS sales would take a nose dive. Haha, that would be horrible!
Ps Vita 1000 3.60 HenKaku
PSP 3000 03g 6.20 LME 2.3 Perm (Black)
PSP 3000 03g 6.20 LME 2.3 Perm (Silver)
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

It wouldn't do anything to 3DS sales but I would love to do online Pokemon battles from my Vita :lol:
Now that GPU might be a problem but if you want to talk clock speed its 268mhz while I don't think anyone has said the speed the Vitas GPU runs at.

Anywho that aside yes the Vita's quad core SGX543MP4+ is much better than the 3DS PICA200 so IDK but it sounds like it's within possibility to emulate that.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
nyx

Post by nyx »

At very best you won't need an interpreter/recompiler. Everything else will still have to be emulated (which is still a lot in case you didn't realize it).
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Yea I read my post and it didn't make much sense... I should go to bed. -_-
Anywho! PC emulators for the 3DS are still very early so while a 3DS emu for the Vita seems to be completely possible it will not be happening any time soon.

Return to “Homebrews”