Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Doubts for PlayStation Mobile? Here are the official replies

Everything that is PSVita-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Erixsan

Doubts for PlayStation Mobile? Here are the official replies

Post by Erixsan »

I had a chat with the customer service after watching a few questions around different sites, in order to feel safe. Not everything were bad news, but you should get a new memory card just for the PSM games.
I won't copy the whole log, but the important part.

About switching memories or rebuilding the database
If you use another memory or rebuild the database, as long you don't delete the games you are safe
Additional note:
[spoiler]I did rebuild my Vita database, and without accessing Internet I was able to play the game anyway, so that leaves hope to be true[/spoiler]
You: I already did the activation process, but my wonder is if I will lose the PSM license if I switch my memories or I simply rebuild the console's database

Rafael: I understand, being honest I do not know that information by hand, let me go ahead and investigate in our internal database.

You: Thanks

Rafael: Thank you for waiting Eric, it seems that you will lose the ability to re-download the content you've purchased after September 10th, so if you delete any content or perform any action on the Vita that does so, you will not be able to re-download it again.

You: So, if I switch my memories card without deleting anything, I should be safe right?

Rafael: Correct.

You: That's a big relief. I was really scared of losing all my games.

Rafael: Definitely understand, don't worry Eric, as long as you do not delete them you should be able to continue playing them.
About making backups with the Content Manager after September
It seems that it won't be possible. Do the backup since there is a chance, but don't delete anything until it's verified after September 10th
[spoiler]Disclaimer: I asked this to another guy before, but my reply was they didn't know.
You: I know that I can backup PSM games using the CMA tool right now. It will be possible to restore them after September (considering my Vita is already activated)?

Gerardo: Just a moment, let me gather some information.

You: Got it

Gerardo: We checked this for you, and since it's not going to be supported anymore, I cannot guarantee that it will be restored.
[/spoiler]
You: Will the Content Manager still work with PSM games? So in the case I need to format the memory, I can backup the games and then restore them again?

Rafael: I am afraid we do not have that information Eric, but being that the licenses will be forfeited, I am positive to think you won't have the ability to backup your PlayStation Mobile content.
Are refunds possible?
Nope. I did clear it was Sony's fault but they are just not able to do it.
You: Is a refund possible? I bought most of them a few day ago after reading the community announcement (http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/ ... p/45023971) which made me understand that the license would be saved in the console

Rafael: I am sorry if this may represent an issue for you Eric, unfortunately we cannot process a refund for PlayStation Mobile content.
I hope that will clear any doubts about Sony's lack of responsibility when they decided this *bad word* move. I mean, the games appears in the SEN account so that would be enough to verify if we own the game or not.
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: Doubts for PlayStation Mobile? Here are the official rep

Post by fate6 »

inB4Lawsuit
SCEA may be able to pull this shiz but SCEE is in for one heck of a lawsuit if they think they can lock paid content away without a refund.

Well done with getting some solid answers BTW.
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Erixsan

Post by Erixsan »

fate6 wrote:SCEA may be able to pull this shiz but SCEE is in for one heck of a lawsuit if they think they can lock paid content away without a refund.
I will be happy enough if they just remove that stupid license / DRM protection from the PSM games.

If they can't be purchased nor downloaded, there won't be piracy, that limitation become a danger to the customer rather than a protection for the console.

I suppose after September I will wait before updating my console. A failed update and good bye games :shock:
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

I always keep a full backup just incase ;)
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
stoneskull

Post by stoneskull »

i imagine some of the people who made games for psm have or will release them on other platforms.

s0ny can't just remove the drm and they won't want to maintain the system anyway.
and they won't refund.. i bet their europe lawyers worded everything in the contract perfectly.

i imagine a nice email to the creator might get you a free version on another platform though.
PSP 2000v1 6.60ME + PRO
Vita 1000WiFi 3.60 + HENkaku
Erixsan

Post by Erixsan »

stoneskull wrote:i imagine a nice email to the creator might get you a free version on another platform though.
I doubt it, because there is no real way to proof if you bought it or not.
That is, unless, you give the guy access to your SEN account to check it in the media section :lol:

Return to “General”