Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Development thread] VHL : Vita Homebrew Loader

Rejuvenate is a native homebrew platform for PS Vita. Read more about Rejuvenate here.
Gringo466

Re: [Development thread] VHL : Vita Homebrew Loader

Post by Gringo466 »

If you are referring to "Westerners " as in the USA. Most people are ignorant *****.. your country and everyother country not just here altho I have been agreeing with yifanlu that everyone should join together.. that is the whole reason of Linux. it's community and same goes with other software. But if they all go their own separate ways we will get little progress but will keep relearning the same mistakes. If we all work together you will have to learn to ignore ignorance if they don't want to listen to your advice then STOP GIVING IT TO THEM it does not mean that the scene doesn't care about your work.. you were the FIRST to actually SUCCEED in releasing the asking and exploit to load native personally I think it is great you can't pirate with it because then Sony can suck it. You did amazing work and I play around with it all the time and it will most likely be the starting point to turn my vita into a universal drone remote (when I get around to it Atleast) but again thanks again yifanlu don't let ignorance get to you.. the universe is filled with it.. and Yes I DO mean other world's other than this one. So fare-well yifanlu (shepherd) .

That(one)Guy
Advertising
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

yifanlu wrote: I've talked with xerpi about it before and we both agreed that a menu system based on a future UVL revision where UVL exports SCE ELF loading functions, and abstract away the details of a menu was the right way to go. That way, the menu (along with all the messy gui code) is its own ELF and the loader can be simple.
This is what I drove for HBL as well, and it was the right decision (it's also what the noobZ eLoader was doing in the early days of the PSP). It allowed independent menus to be created, while keeping the code of the loader focused on... loading stuff
Advertising
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

Wait, just to make sure, are you thinking that the menu is built into the loader? because that isn't the case, the loader loads a menu just like any other homebrew. The loader's only job is to manage memory for homebrew and to load them.
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

I misunderstood then. Thanks for clarifying :)
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

wololo wrote:I misunderstood then. Thanks for clarifying :)
You're welcome. However, it seems many other people also have this misconception, is there something in how I described it that I should fix?
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

I know this is double posting but I think this warrants it.
A new build of VHL is available, along with a new build for psp2shell which fixes the black screen on return from homebrew bug.
Additionally, all logging to console has been completely disabled in this build, resulting in a massive speed up! Enjoy!
The logging can still be enabled by modifying the makefile, if anyone needs help doing so, just ask.

The original post will be updated with the download link
maciak

Post by maciak »

Does not start for me. When it loads psm on my vita crashes.
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

maciak wrote:Does not start for me. When it loads psm on my vita crashes.
That's strange. Have you tried rebooting your Vita and starting it again? There does appear to be some really weird stability issue since some other people also reported that sometimes it just crashes.
maciak

Post by maciak »

hgoel0974 wrote:
That's strange. Have you tried rebooting your Vita and starting it again? There does appear to be some really weird stability issue since some other people also reported that sometimes it just crashes.
Hi,
Yes I've did reboot vita and it still the same everytime. I did not managed to start it even once.
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

maciak wrote:
hgoel0974 wrote:
Hi,
Yes I've did reboot vita and it still the same everytime. I did not managed to start it even once.
I assume you're using the version that doesn't have any logging. I'll upload a build that has logging enabled for the loader, while it'll be slower to boot, it ought to load homebrew fine.

EDIT: Give this one a try, https://mega.nz/#!q5lDxIxS!dkbUTq9Tr3t5 ... bVS5itTC_k

Return to “Rejuvenate”