Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[POLL] WHICH HOMEBREWS DO YOU WANT TO SEE FIRST

Rejuvenate is a native homebrew platform for PS Vita. Read more about Rejuvenate here.

Which Homebrew(s) do you want the most?

Nintendo 64 Emulator
10%
Gameboy Advanced Emulator
8%
Nintendo GameCube Emulator
4%
Playstation 2 Emulator
8%
Nintendo Entertainment System Emulator
3%
Sega Dreamcast Emulator
4%
Sega Saturn Emulator
2%
Playstation One Emulator
6%
NeoGeo Emulator
2%
Intellivision Emulator
0%
Capcom Play System 1 Emulator
1%
Capcom Play System 2 Emulator
1%
Capcom Play System 3 Emulator
1%
Super Nintendo Emulator
6%
Nintendo DS Emulator
6%
Nintendo 3DS Emulator
4%
Quake 1 - 3 Port
2%
GZDoom Port
1%
ScummVM Port
1%
DosBox Port
2%
M.U.G.E.N Port
1%
Firefox Port
2%
Wagic Port
2%
Zork Port
0%
PSPKVM Port
1%
Cave Story Port
2%
RetroArch Port
4%
VLC Port
3%
PPSSPP port
6%
NAZI Zombie Portable Port
1%
Wolfenstein Port
1%
Counter Strike Port
2%
Lua Interpreter
2%
Wololo.net Forum App
3%
EPUB/PDF Reader
2%

Total votes: 1472

King Clyde

Re: [POLL] WHICH HOMEBREWS DO YOU WANT TO SEE FIRST

Post by King Clyde »

fate6 wrote:Wait so because the games are smaller file wise they are easier to emulate? Yea that's not how that works.
No, because they are smaller file size they don't require as much RAM :mrgreen:
Advertising
Kilimbi

Post by Kilimbi »

As an arcade lover. I would totally dig FBA Next on my vita. :ugeek:
Advertising
shinrukus

Post by shinrukus »

you know what would rock? A Port of Kodi, or something along those lines such as PS3's showtime. Or the Wii Media Player which was pretty sick. I don't know, im kinda sick of seeing emulators on consoles just cause they can be there, We know we are gonna get an n64 emu, snes, nes, GBA, md, sms, GBC, all that madness, possibly a FBA port cause they are everywhere, and everything else a JXD Android box probably already has, because well, when we think of homebrew, thats what we think of unfortunately... I personally would like an expanded Wagic as I just started getting into it (I bought a PSP for it...) I also would like that CSPSP expanded on, or enhanced, I don't know, I wanna see something creative. Here Sony gave you the tools really, yifan lu gave those tools some Monster and now those tools are supercharged, how bout not making the typical norms of homebrew, make a new game... i'd support it, heck i'd buy it. My Shield/Shield Android TV can handle all the emulator madness, and even the SAT is getting Metal Gear Rising...
bodega

Post by bodega »

Why you listed ps2 emulator, 3ds emulator and some-like? These emu will Never work on a vita.

A psp and a ps1 emu are more realistic, even if they will not work properly. Also we doesn't need a psp or a ps1 emu, we already have psp exploit and bubble and ps1 exploit (and soon) bubble !

Anyway the best thing that should be released are many homebrew games, Nazi Zombie, the open source skyrim copy.. also games that use the camera like Invizimals would be great, like smea has shown on twitter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPwdvmlzKpMr
sorry 4 my bad english :)

Follow me on Twitter erBodega
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

King Clyde wrote:
fate6 wrote:Wait so because the games are smaller file wise they are easier to emulate? Yea that's not how that works.
No, because they are smaller file size they don't require as much RAM :mrgreen:
That is not how games work and CPU is the big factor in emulation not RAM.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
King Clyde

Post by King Clyde »

bodega wrote:Why you listed ps2 emulator, 3ds emulator and some-like? These emu will Never work on a vita.

A psp and a ps1 emu are more realistic, even if they will not work properly.

Anyway the best thing that should be released are many homebrew games, Nazi Zombie, the open source skyrim copy.. also games that use the camera like Invizimals would be great, like smea has shown on twitter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPwdvmlzKpMr
I listed those because it is definitely possible (That and that it was requested many times in the other homebrew thread), the biggest question of doubt I have in this scenario is: "What will the ROM compatibility be like?"
King Clyde

Post by King Clyde »

The PS2 Pre-2004 had a 294 MHz CPU proof Here

The PS Vita has a 2 GHz CPU which is 6.8x more powerful than the Original PS2 :)
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Vita = ARM Cortex-A9
PS2 = MIPS R5900-based

CPU speed is not the problem, Take into consideration the difference in architecture and instruction set.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
RikuKurai

Post by RikuKurai »

Don't forget the CPU is "Up To" 2Ghz. I'm not even sure it'd be safe for this little machine to run at that clock constantly. Whereas the PSP had a fixed clockrate due to it producing little to no heat, at least not enough to interfere with anything.

I'd say that, with time, we might be able to get a "proof of concept" working. But considering the PSP is a MIPS CPU, maybe some of that's baked into the Vita's cores as well. It is a custom chip, after all.
King Clyde

Post by King Clyde »

fate6 wrote:Vita = ARM Cortex-A9
PS2 = MIPS R5900-based

CPU speed is not the problem, Take into consideration the difference in architecture and instruction set.
Now I see what you're saying, My apologies for my stupidity.

Return to “Rejuvenate”