Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

ReVITAlize Homebrew contest: Step 1!

Jacob Parkinson

Re: ReVITAlize Homebrew contest: Step 1!

Post by Jacob Parkinson »

orangpelupa wrote:@erixsan
does your gradation a smooth gradation? or you make it having circular pattern from dark to bright?

(i use ~10 years old TN monitor, so im not sure)
That is amazing, how someone use something so old. My laptop screen has a 4K resolution yet I only use 1024x768. 8-)
Advertising
Erixsan

Post by Erixsan »

Jacob Parkinson wrote:
does your gradation a smooth gradation? or you make it having circular pattern from dark to bright?

That is amazing, how someone use something so old. My laptop screen has a 4K resolution yet I only use 1024x768. 8-)
I'm not surprised to be honest, since it is more common that it looks like.
Sometimes the old technology can be better than the old one, or at least more durable.

Why are you using such a low resolution on a great screen?
Why not 1280x1024 for example?
Advertising
ArcFutahito

Post by ArcFutahito »

fudgenuts64 wrote:I would love to get rid of the Wololo logo entirely - just keep the site name. It would look much better but according to the rules I HAVE to keep it there :/
Yeah, wololo logo is a pain to insert, but be smart with it. I showed some examples of incorporating logo in the image with minimal damage to design already (to be simple: for me making the logo white and making it semitransparent works just fine, but you'll have to play around with your background AND logo so color palette won't be all over the place)
Plus, it's important to remember that black + very bright background is hard to make into something good. Now if you'd make your dark a bit lighter and background a bit darker, I think colors would meet nicely. Don't forget that colors influence each other: bright colors on dark background look vivid while exact same colors on black background look more pastel. For example, look at this picture:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... on.svg.png
Now, bar in the middle is one solid color, you just think it's gradient because our eyes are made this way (try covering up everything except bar to make sure it's one color).

Welp, basically, designing stuff is pretty cool if you know what you're doing.
Jacob Parkinson

Erixsan wrote:
Jacob Parkinson wrote:

I'm not surprised to be honest, since it is more common that it looks like.
Sometimes the old technology can be better than the old one, or at least more durable.

Why are you using such a low resolution on a great screen?
Why not 1280x1024 for example?
Try to stimulate windows 95 on windows 8.1; I have the classic theme re-enabled and fixed most of the bugs by heck my computer's desktop looks like a "beautiful work of art". :lol:
orangpelupa

Post by orangpelupa »

Jacob Parkinson wrote:

i wonder, using LCD panel on non-native resolution = blurry mess right? Why not use the windows display scaling?

windows scaling is a mess in itself though... (but new apps, except chrome, should works well)
Jacob Parkinson

I love how the rules of the competition say "all assets should be your own" because "should" means they don't always have to be. I used royalty-free font for the title, I will credit the creator but their name escapes me and downloaded their font a while back and can not remember where I got it from. I love the font, so if your the creator step foward so I can Say "cheers mate". :)
animesfl

Post by animesfl »

And my favourite one! :3

Twitter: ----------- @PHOTONQ2 ------------
rudra_dr

Post by rudra_dr »

I could only do this

iostorm

Post by iostorm »

My entry :D
wololomod1.jpg (171.38 KiB) Viewed 6072 times
cuong301294

Post by cuong301294 »

Here is my submission :D

Return to “Announcements”