Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Psm assistent worked without updating for all firmwares

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
Estel77

Re: Psm assistent worked without updating for all firmwares

Post by Estel77 »

ordi wrote:
Estel77 wrote:EDIT: Btw, the update that we get when connected to normal Wi-Fi will not work with Yifanlu's hack? Does it HAVE to be the update from the Update PKG?
No, it can be any version of the dev assistant app afaik. It only has to run on your Vita.
Thanks a lot for the reply. I think you are right. I asked in another thread where this specific topic is being discussed just to be 1000% sure.
Estel77 wrote:Just wanted to confirm this. I was scared of updating because the update log for 1.15 says: "For PlayStation Mobile SDK version 2.00.00."

But I still updated. Now the app opens normally, and then after digging into the app, the 'Show Build Information' menu says: "PSM Runtime version : 1.21 / 2.00 and PSM DevAssistant build : Rev.24XXX (No. 10XX)"

So, in short, it is not that this update is ONLY for 2.00.00, but that it ALSO includes 1.21, which is what Yifan said we should download to our computers.

Is this correct?
If this is all needed, then I'm set.
Advertising
EstoyTemplado

Post by EstoyTemplado »

chronologyte wrote:
EstoyTemplado wrote: it says i have to update
EDIT: May have to use package installer if it's asking to update FW before allowing to d/l the update... can't use charles to inject if it won't even start downloading.

Turn the Vita off and back on in Airplane mode before connecting to QCMA.

I'm not familiar with 3.18 and getting the dev assistant up and running on it but I'll try to help out.
I have successfully connected my ps vita to my pc via qcma, but when i enter in the package installer the content manager foled is empty. I have put the pkg files in the folder that shows qcma.
Advertising
Galebourn

Post by Galebourn »

EstoyTemplado wrote: I have successfully connected my ps vita to my pc via qcma, but when i enter in the package installer the content manager foled is empty. I have put the pkg files in the folder that shows qcma.
You have to refresh the database. Just right-click on the QCMA icon and click "refresh database".

If that doesn't work, you have to use the official content manager (in flight mode) at least once.
Also, make sure that in your settings "offline mode" is checked. If nothing works, change CMA protocol selection to manual and CMA protocol version to 3.10-1800010
Estel77

Post by Estel77 »

EstoyTemplado wrote:
chronologyte wrote:
EstoyTemplado wrote: it says i have to update
EDIT: May have to use package installer if it's asking to update FW before allowing to d/l the update... can't use charles to inject if it won't even start downloading.

Turn the Vita off and back on in Airplane mode before connecting to QCMA.

I'm not familiar with 3.18 and getting the dev assistant up and running on it but I'll try to help out.
I have successfully connected my ps vita to my pc via qcma, but when i enter in the package installer the content manager foled is empty. I have put the pkg files in the folder that shows qcma.
I haven't done this in 3.18 (I'm on 3.36) but I never did the process you mention.

I transferred the original pkg file from my PS3 to the Vita (I use Charles proxy to make the PS3 pull the file from anywhere in my computer, I just modify the path)

And the update is transferred the same way, except that the proxy is used on the Vita this time.

I never had to use the files in qCMA for anything. Are you sure you are following the right process?
EstoyTemplado

Post by EstoyTemplado »

If that doesn't work, you have to use the official content manager (in flight mode) at least once.This worked.Sometimes qcma doesnt recognize my psvita, do you know why?
Ty :D
Edit: Yes, i have the psm app updated now.I tried using charles proxy to transfer the update but it didnt work for me, so i just used the package installer(im on 3.18)
wonre

Post by wonre »

Hi all. My vista is on 3.18

I managed to trick my ps3 into loading european demo dustforce while actually getting psmdevassistant.pkg with Charles Proxy (but first started a big big demo download to prevent second one to advance before I map it to local pkg file)
I had hard hours while trying the qcma trick to transfert it to vita, but I finally understood a little trap and want to share that knowledge with you (interesting if your fw is lower than 3.30 i guess):

If you let qcma setting on protocol version 3.30 (in qcma settings) and do your first attempts to communicate with the ps vita, then you lose the benefit of activating airplane mode (no wifi) then shutdown your vista. Because you do that for removing from vita memory the knowledge of higher version fw or protocols 'seen' outside on internet or pc side. If qcma communicates with procol version 3.30, that s not good for your vita 3.18 (or lower) because that knowledge will return instantly in your vita memory. With that knowledge, the content manager has no other choice than asking you to update the vita.
To fix that, first, in qcma settings, switch to the appropriate protocol version for your vita (the one under your fw version, for 3.18 select 3.10), then turn off your vita completely again (keep airplane mode active of course). The pc doesn't need an internet connection while using qcma (I think) at least for a new attempt. When vita turned on again it has forgotten that evil protocol 3.30 seen on pc side and then you finally reach at least once the screen allowing to choose transfert direction (that means qcma successfully creates the initial database).
(from there the trick 'unplug fast from pc then plug to ps3', works nicely to obtain stuff from ps3 while ps3 is connected to internet -mandatory-)

Now I got psm dev suite transfered on vita and its bubble is shaking. So I can continue the tutorials from that point.

'Update pkg with pkg installer' is the last step, but i need to learn what it means yet (i thought pkg installer was used to retrieve something from pc, but the bubble is here on the vita so i'm confused for now about last step, and I hesitate to tap the bubble until i understand).

Btw to keep vita away from internet while receiving email that unlocks pkg installer is quite possible. I used some visual basic code to interrogate my pop mailbox (after requesting that 'psv unlock' email on this site) on inthernet to capture the .eml file and I gave it to 'baby pop server' running on my pc and just let my vista connect to my pc only through local wifi router disconnected from global internet to retrieve it. Did not see any picture in email, you just tapped the blank area and it worked. When usb connected to pc it shows the package directory of qcma I guess.

Hope it helps those on lower firmware bumping into this nasty fw update request...

EDIT: Ok last step is to put the 2nd pkg (16Mb one) in psv package directory of qcma
on pc side and use pkg installer through the unlock mail on vita side in order to upgrade psm dev suite through usb from pc side pkg 2nd file.
aminpro

Post by aminpro »

K45 wrote:
frangarcj wrote:Can you tell us the steps?
sure. you'll need psmdev.pkg, ps3xportgui and your idps.bin

1. create a lightweight backup (no games\saves\videos etc.) on your ps3

2. go to ps store and download any ps vita app (i got Network Media Player, but it should probably work with any other app), then make another backup

3. extract the whole second backup with ps3xportgui

4. search extracted folder named dev_hdd0 and locate the folder with your downloaded app (mine was in dev_hdd0\vsh\game_pkg\80000001). inside there should be a .pkg file along with three others (d0.pdb, d1.pdb, ICON_FILE). copy this folder somewhere, but recreate the original folder structure (i.e. newfolder\dev_hdd0\vsh\game_pkg\80000001 in my case). extracted backup folders are no longer needed, you can delete them

5. open the folder you just copied, then replace the .pkg file with psmdev.pkg, but keep the original filename (i.e. VTXgiSAPiRkiRGYEShqfBDtjjmwoOKtEbCMHBMBsWRmgmyiPsCNMTzwEpguevtUj.pkg in my case)

6. add the folder from the previous step to your first backup from step 1 (use the 'Add from an existing copy-protected Backup' option in ps3xportgui), then restore this backup on your ps3

7. connect your vita to ps3 by using the qcma trick, then transfer the app to your vita. it will be listed as the original app you downloaded in step 2 (Network Media Player in my case), but it's actually psmdev assistant.

8. install this update via package installer and you're done

some of these steps are probably unnecessary, but this is exactly how i did it. my vita is on 3.18 btw
How exactly do I make a light backup?
I just loaned a PS3 from a friend of mine but the backup takes 78GB which is way huge to manage. Is there an option for selective backup?
chronologyte

Post by chronologyte »

A light backup is simply a backup with the games/media deleted to free up space. You can either back up the current state, delete stuff, and restore it later; or re-download all the games after deleting them.
I would try the charles proxy method a few pages in.
nyak00

Post by nyak00 »

Hello there, I have a PS3 with 4.55 Rogero CFW and a 3.18 vita, what are the steps and files to install PSM on my vita?

I don't have an internet connection and a PC at house but maybe I could bring my items at my office *heh* to leech some internets..

Hope I can pull this one out before may 31st..
aminpro

Post by aminpro »

chronologyte wrote:A light backup is simply a backup with the games/media deleted to free up space. You can either back up the current state, delete stuff, and restore it later; or re-download all the games after deleting them.
I would try the charles proxy method a few pages in.
I see.
I've tried the Charles Proxy method and got the PS3 to download the PKG so far.

I am however stuck at transferring from PS3 -> to Vita. Everything seems good until the progress bar on the vita reaches 100% then suddenly it gives me the C2-10526-4 error. I can't find what this error mean :/

Return to “Tutorials”