Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Psm assistent worked without updating for all firmwares

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
darkado34

Re: Psm assistent worked without updating for all firmwares

Post by darkado34 »

can you give a more detailed tutorial on this method? mainly how to use charles proxy to swap the links and which link to use for psm.
Advertising
bodega

Post by bodega »

about charles proxy, set a port for the proxy (ex: 8888 or 8080) and set the ip of your pc with that port as proxy on your ps3.
When you have set it correctly, just try to login to psn or open a page with ps3 browser and you will see the link in the left column of charles proxy.

When you see a link on the left column, right click > map local > browse.

I have not fully understand how it works (i am not referring to charles proxy, but about how to replace the correct link because **), i just tried until it worked.

** the download link and background download link are different. Also if you put the dl in pause, when you resume it, the link will change
Advertising
sorry 4 my bad english :)

Follow me on Twitter erBodega
DPyro

Post by DPyro »

bodega wrote:To install the PSM pkg on a vita on 3.18/3.36 firmware without a CFW PS3 and without the console ID needed to decrypt the ps3 backup, just:

- Install charles proxy
- Set the proxy on ps3
- Download something from the store (i download travel bug, about 50mb)
- replace the pkg link with the local pkg file*

* firstly rename the local pkg like the psn pkg, secondly the dl link and bgdl (background download) link are different, so you need to understand which link remap.

When it works, you will see the size of the local pkg (about 8000 kb), not the size of the original package (for me about 50 mb).

Obviously you need to register as a PSM developer before install the PSM pkg.
Could you not just use PSXDownloadHelper?
St3f

Post by St3f »

Yeyyy this works with charles proxy,

I have a vita on 3.01 and an ps3 on ofw 4.70

1- Install Charles proxy and put the IP of your PC as a proxy on PS3 (default port is 8888 I think)
2- Download a free psvita app on ps3 (same acc both ps3 and vita)
2.5- The same time look at the Charles proxy on PC there will be a connection to Http://zeus.dl.playstation..etc
3- Right click and click on "Map local" then select the PSM Assistant .pkg renamed exactly as the app you are downloading (I downloaded "Paint Park™ Plus" so I also used the TM symbol)
4-Navigate to download manager select your app Press Triangle on ps3 and resume download
5-QCMA trick and PSM is on your Vita

That's it, thanks bodega
@Maninabox_
Mercenary09

Post by Mercenary09 »

[spoiler]edit: rant that can be ignored before I got it working, I think
I am trying this, but I am probably doing it all wrong. So, we download an app from the store, and the proxy replaces that app's package by the Map Local file we choose? Does the download need to be paused so it doesn't finish? I couldn't see how to pause it anyway, so I let it finish.

I changed the local map to the psm package, but then it gives an error 80023300 (which suggests to try without the proxy), so it seems like maybe it would work but I did something wrong.

So with those instructions, this is how I got it to work.
I downloaded a Naruto game demo.
Paused the download. Navigated to its folder in the proxy
(it seems to have something like ares.dl link, cdn folder, UT0007 and then a subfolder (which should be the app. this is what I used for the Local Map)
right clicked to Local Map to the PSM.pkg on my PC.

Image of path for a visual aid. I just ctrl f'd to search for the .pkg lik, but it probably is going to be under the http://ares.dl.playstation.net link.

Thanks for those instructions, but I was slightly confused. I don't know if you have to pause the download, then map to your .pkg, THEN resume it, but maybe. No idea if it will work, but it downloaded, at least.[/spoiler]

Oh, I was writing up a post too, but I looked at the thread so I'll spoiler my entire post.
Here's an image of where you want to navigate to, though. It's going to be different, but it's the same idea once you look for your .pkg link

formatting is hard too :(
It should probably be a Vita app, or it might not work. No idea. I was just trying to see if would work.
It definitely should be a Vita (game or) app.
PS Vita (PCH-1001) - 3.18
bodega

Post by bodega »

St3f wrote:Yeyyy this works with charles proxy,
That's it, thanks bodega
No problem :)
sorry 4 my bad english :)

Follow me on Twitter erBodega
Banksi

Post by Banksi »

i cant install psm through package manager on my cfw ps3 it keeps giving me an error 80029566. im on rebug 4.70
kazuunix9

Post by kazuunix9 »

Mercenary09 wrote:[spoiler]edit: rant that can be ignored before I got it working, I think
I am trying this, but I am probably doing it all wrong. So, we download an app from the store, and the proxy replaces that app's package by the Map Local file we choose? Does the download need to be paused so it doesn't finish? I couldn't see how to pause it anyway, so I let it finish.

I changed the local map to the psm package, but then it gives an error 80023300 (which suggests to try without the proxy), so it seems like maybe it would work but I did something wrong.

So with those instructions, this is how I got it to work.
I downloaded a Naruto game demo.
Paused the download. Navigated to its folder in the proxy
(it seems to have something like ares.dl link, cdn folder, UT0007 and then a subfolder (which should be the app. this is what I used for the Local Map)
right clicked to Local Map to the PSM.pkg on my PC.

Image of path for a visual aid. I just ctrl f'd to search for the .pkg lik, but it probably is going to be under the http://ares.dl.playstation.net link.

Thanks for those instructions, but I was slightly confused. I don't know if you have to pause the download, then map to your .pkg, THEN resume it, but maybe. No idea if it will work, but it downloaded, at least.[/spoiler]

Oh, I was writing up a post too, but I looked at the thread so I'll spoiler my entire post.
Here's an image of where you want to navigate to, though. It's going to be different, but it's the same idea once you look for your .pkg link

formatting is hard too :(
It should probably be a Vita app, or it might not work. No idea. I was just trying to see if would work.
It definitely should be a Vita (game or) app.
--I found that you want to pause the download right after you leave the PSStore on OFW PS3.
--Look at Charles Proxy, find the top link that says "http://ares.dl.playstation.net"-- Right Click it and select Map local at the bottom of list.
--Then Click find local file, It may or may not have to be named the game you are downloading(I was downloading "Paint Park™ Plus" so I renamed PSM.pkg into Paint Park™ Plus.pkg)
--Back at PS3 go to downloads section and hit triangle and resume download.
--Transfer "Paint Park™ Plus app" to your lower firmware vita using QCMA usb swap trick.
--Then go to package installer app on your vita, connect to QCMA on PC and install the Update to PSM.pkg file listed earlier in a post.
--Remove Vita from PC, Turn wifi back on and click on PSM Dev App go into it and it will check if you have a publishers licence without updating your Vita. :)

There you go, It took me a bit but I got it working on my Vita. Good to go.
darkado34

Post by darkado34 »

I did it on my 3.36 vita using charles proxy. Started downloading jetpack joyride, paused, mapped local to dev assistant pkg, transfered, opened dev assistant, it uodated without connecting to psn, transfered spacerocks demo and ran it. :)

Now I'm ready for the hack on 3.36 numblast exploit :)
Killua

Post by Killua »

Working fine on 3.18, for those who have problems :

EDIT: You need to already have the PSM Dev Assistant in your download list to follow the instructions bellow

- Download the PSMDevAssistant.pkg
- Install Charles Proxy and set up the proxy on PS3 (default port is 8888)
- Download something on the store (I downloaded the demo of "Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f")
- Execute the download in background, close the store, and pause the download
- On Charles you should see something like this (the "http://ares.dl.playstation.net" can be "http://zeus.dl.playstation.net" depending on what you're downloading) : [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
- Right click on the top link in the list ("gmGYMoMfGOfQlKDMyoXcVrMddIwendrvZkvatcQIgAiCtOtscPQkXmieKJbDhIyH.pkg?product=0085&country=fr" in my case) then "Map local...", click on "Choose" and select PSMDevAssistant.pkg (no need to rename it)
- Resume your download on the PS3, it should now download the PSMDevAssistant.pkg
- Once download is complete, transfer the app to your PSVita using QCMA trick
- Apply the PSMDevAssistant update via the package installer
Last edited by Killua on Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Tutorials”