Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Few questions to make Vita TV hackable

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
Garock

Few questions to make Vita TV hackable

Post by Garock »

Hi,
I'm gonna have a Vita TV in few days and before I start using it, I need to new some do's and don'ts to make Vita TV still hackable
I've tried to look around the forum, read some threads, but since the information is too many I decided to make a thread for it

basically I don't know what FW my Vita TV will be in, but assuming it come with 3.18 (which I believe is the best FW for exploitable Vita), I need to know my options
Should I update? should I stick with this FW? Because my Vita TV is Asian region and I have US PSN account which already has several Vita games (by cross buy), and afaik Vita TV only support PSN from other region since FW 3.30. So should I update to 3.30 (and miss all the good things with 3.18)
but if I stick with 3.18, that would mean I have no access to all games in my US PSN collection right? (because I assume I still need to activate using another Asian PSN account)

And based on the exploitable games list here in Wololo, I see that some games are again available in PSN. if I keep on either 3.18 or 3.30, is there any chance to download it to my Vita?
I have a PS3 (with access to PSN), and I believe this is also crucial and can be used to download games and transfer it to Vita. am I correct?

if you guys have more advices for Vita noobs, feel free to share. that would be very helpful
Thanks
Advertising
urboy_titan

Re: Few questions to make Vita TV hackable

Post by urboy_titan »

Depends on what you wanna do. 3.50 is currently exploitable. With the ape escape exploit.

If you just wanna run home brew like emulators, snes, gab, etc I would say upgrade to 3.50.

But if you wanna run ISOs then stick with 3.18. The only problem with the PS3 is that the PSN won't let you download certain PSP games into it. Example I tried downloading hot brains. But did not give me an option to download onto my PS3. Only via vita. Since yours will be 3.18 you won't be able to use PSN till you update. So based off my experience, if those games are not backed up on your PC you might not be able to get those games on your vita.
Advertising
Garock

Post by Garock »

urboy_titan wrote:Depends on what you wanna do. 3.50 is currently exploitable. With the ape escape exploit.

If you just wanna run home brew like emulators, snes, gab, etc I would say upgrade to 3.50.

But if you wanna run ISOs then stick with 3.18. The only problem with the PS3 is that the PSN won't let you download certain PSP games into it. Example I tried downloading hot brains. But did not give me an option to download onto my PS3. Only via vita. Since yours will be 3.18 you won't be able to use PSN till you update. So based off my experience, if those games are not backed up on your PC you might not be able to get those games on your vita.
okay, so it came with 3.01, which is even better
but the issue remains, I can't even access my US account in this FW (as region free only come after 3.30)

what would you suggest? just create another Asian account to keep this FW ( I can live without all the games I've purchased in my US account if I have to), or should I upgrade to 3.30?
I already have ape escape and patapon 2 in my PS3 waiting to be transferred to the vita. or even with these 2 games, 3.18 is still way better than 3.30?

and to answer your question, I want FW with the most hacking options I can have (eCFW, PSP iso, PS1 iso, etc)

thanks a lot
cheeyee09

Post by cheeyee09 »

If you want eCFW, PSP ISO and PS1 ISO then currently 3.18 is the best choice (bonus webkit exploit for possible future native hack).

I suggest you try this.

Manually update to 3.18 firmware. Try to activate it on US PSN, if not possible you still have choice to activate on ASIAN PSN. If you go directly to 3.36, you cannot go backward.

And for exploitable games for PSTV on 3.18 firmware is Patapon 1 and 2 (Most people say Patapon2 is better). Don't get "Talkman Travel Tokyo", it's not compatible with PSTV.
Garock

Post by Garock »

cheeyee09 wrote:If you want eCFW, PSP ISO and PS1 ISO then currently 3.18 is the best choice (bonus webkit exploit for possible future native hack).

I suggest you try this.

Manually update to 3.18 firmware. Try to activate it on US PSN, if not possible you still have choice to activate on ASIAN PSN. If you go directly to 3.36, you cannot go backward.

And for exploitable games for PSTV on 3.18 firmware is Patapon 1 and 2 (Most people say Patapon2 is better). Don't get "Talkman Travel Tokyo", it's not compatible with PSTV.
is there any pros and cons to update to 3.18 rather than keep using 3.01?

and wow, I tried to access asian store and there is only patapon 3. is there a way to transfer my US games to my vita tv with asian account (although I suppose not :lol: )
any thought on numblast? from the The Z's list, there are only few asian games such as numblast, ZettaiHeroKaizouKeikaku (jap ver of Z.H.P?), skate park city. do any of them recommended?

thanks
cheeyee09

Post by cheeyee09 »

3.18 has the native PS1 emulator hacked which has full support for sound on PS1 games. The sound through the TNV for PS1 games don't work well or can crash some games.

Just that you mentioned US PSN, Numblast is not back on US PSN.
Garock

Post by Garock »

cheeyee09 wrote:3.18 has the native PS1 emulator hacked which has full support for sound on PS1 games. The sound through the TNV for PS1 games don't work well or can crash some games.

Just that you mentioned US PSN, Numblast is not back on US PSN.
so it's better update to 3.18? very well then, and I just use method that posted in viewtopic.php?f=65&t=23013, am i correct?
or do I need to buy game cart that has 3.18?

Numblast is still in asian store (if I have access to US store, I can just use patapon 2 ;) ), guess I need to hurry make a purchase before it's no longer in asian store
thanks a lot, very much appreciate your help
Garock

Post by Garock »

so how do I update to 3.18?
apparently this step here in viewtopic.php?f=65&t=23013 won't work on vita tv because it needs to be updated using PC

I know I can update using USB stick by downloading the correct FW from http://www.zload.net/ofw but is it compatible with my asian vita tv (no region for vita FW?)
and the 3.18 FW has 3 more files in it, that is PSVita OFW 3.18 (pre).zip, PSVita OFW 3.18 (systemdata).zip, PSVita OFW 3.18.zip with each of them have a single PSP2UPDAT.PUP file
which one should I use?
and to make matter more confusing, vita latest FW from sony website has it with name PSVUPDAT.PUP. so can I use the PSP2UPDAT.PUP file to update my vita tv FW?
Garock

Post by Garock »

alright, solved the update issue (apparently no region lock for vita FW) and already restore all the needed exploits to my vita
the only steps left are actually running the exploit and install eCFW
Robertisin

Post by Robertisin »

I have a quick question for you if you can help. I want to update my PSTV to match my PS Vita to firmware 3.35. Which file did you use to update firmware via USB.

Thanks
Robert

Return to “Tutorials”