Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Games? What games?

Discuss official PS Vita games here
Blyzzard

Re: Games? What games?

Post by Blyzzard »

I can't give names to the games I'm not 100% sure on but have been seeing plenty with potential at my local Gamestop. Games I have atm are Wipeout 2048
Soul Sacrifice
Assassins Creed Liberations
Ragnarok Odyssey
Uncharted
Resistance
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Toukiden
Ys Memories of Celceta.

So far I enjoy all of these games myself :)
Advertising
Sam Alex

Post by Sam Alex »

They really need to push other titles to the public. All the Vita games I see are always in a dimly lit corner of the store. It's a great system, I don't know why they've never done a Minecraft bundle or something.
Advertising
PS Vita 1001 : 3.36 PHP Exploit
PSP N1001 : 6.61 LME 2.3
Rasen1

Post by Rasen1 »

joenemesis wrote:Gundam Breaker and Damascus Gear. I'm jumping between these two this weekend
So how's Damascus Gear turning out? I'm intrigued, but reviews have not been promising.
ch3wt0ys

Post by ch3wt0ys »

Sam Alex wrote:They really need to push other titles to the public. All the Vita games I see are always in a dimly lit corner of the store. It's a great system, I don't know why they've never done a Minecraft bundle or something.
Next gen console got the spot light. Vita came premature into the market.

Minecraft is 20$ that gets you both PS3 and Vita copies, along with a option to get PS4 Minecraft for 4.99$ if you already bought it for the PS3/Vita.

Plus, Minecraft has been in and out of the spotlight for a couple of years, if they did a bundle, it'd just be beating the dead horse.
PSP-3001 4G : 6.20 LME-2.3
PS Vita PCH-1001 (Wifi Model) : 3.51 OFW
PS Vita PCH-1101 (3G Model) : 3.18 OFW
PS4 : 2.51 OFW
joenemesis

Post by joenemesis »

Just came home with Freedom Wars. I've only played about 20 minutes, but so far it seems pretty solid. I haven't tried the online play because I'm not updating my FW yet. If you have a local Wally-Mart its on sale for $15 if they happen to have it
joenemesis

Post by joenemesis »

Rasen1 wrote:So how's Damascus Gear turning out? I'm intrigued, but reviews have not been promising.
I like it enough, I was hoping for more of a Front Mission 3 turn based combat experience, but this is not that type of game. I'm a sucker for mech games so I do enjoy it. Movement/aiming is a little goofy because it basically auto-aims for you. That takes a lot of the skill out of the game and the AI is lacking. Over all I'm not overwhelmingly impressed. It's far from a horrible game but I would wait for a sale on PSN. I think $14.99 for it is a bit high for what you get
Genavimex

Post by Genavimex »

I do like Ridge Racer when you get all the DLC tho...
jfruscian

Post by jfruscian »

Tearaway for dure!
KeithShap

Post by KeithShap »

Sam Alex wrote:They really need to push other titles to the public. All the Vita games I see are always in a dimly lit corner of the store. It's a great system, I don't know why they've never done a Minecraft bundle or something.
I would say that if they had waited for the release of the vita, or pushed it sooner, we would have a better spotlight on the handheld. However, with that spotlight comes a lot of drawbacks to the hacking community. It gives the company a huge incentive to keep their console hack free, just as they do with their most current consoles. Right now, it's a second thought to them. Something they are still making a decent amount of money off from, but could let go if they felt like it. I'm only speculating, but in the next few years they will most likely discontinue any kind of support for the vita, this includes the PS4 support for the vita, just so they can rid themselves of the hassle of spending money on code writers to write and rewrite codes to stop the use of homebrew. Or, it could go completely in the opposite direction, and start bringing it forward from the shadows to try and make more money from it. I would think the later would be more likely.

Side not: Could anyone tell me if Dragon Ball Battle of Z is worth a look into?
"I knew no man with a top hat and a monocle could be good!"
joenemesis

Post by joenemesis »

KeithShap wrote:
Side not: Could anyone tell me if Dragon Ball Battle of Z is worth a look into?
There was a demo on PSN for it, I'm pretty sure its still up. I didn't care for it. I only liked the Budokai series back in the PS2 days so I'm probably not a good judge for that game

Return to “Games”